Astrologers' Community  

Go Back   Astrologers' Community > General Astrology > Natal Astrology

Natal Astrology A place to discuss yours and others' birth charts (after you post your own birth chart interpretation). Includes psychological and relocation astrology, houses, aspects, and planetary dignity and debility.

Unread 05-17-2020, 06:31 PM

Virgo Ruled by Chiron...?

Hi again, everyone!!! :-)

I'd love to hear what the practicing astrologers on here think about Virgo's planet being Chiron instead of Mercury...and why...??

I've read a few well-respected astrologers recently who said using Chiron for Virgo answered some questions and mis-analyses of charts that they had been working on, and I have to say that for the few charts I've looked at (myself and family) - looking at Chiron for prominent Virgo placements DID explain some things that didn't work when using Mercury!!! I find that fascinating!

I know Traditional Astrologers won't agree, but I'd love to hear anyone's thoughts about it...!!!

Unread 05-18-2020, 09:36 AM

Re: Virgo Ruled by Chiron...?

Hi,
I think much depends upon HOW one considers Chiron to work upon an individual.
Virgo is very much the sign that, through applying mental logic, deals with everyday realism. Life can create situations that are sometimes unfathomable (Pisces!) and therefore become very 'inwardly hurtful' to many people in one way or another. Those seeking astrological advice have usually undergone such situations, so wouldn't it be logical to discover that Virgo and Chiron would be prominently placed in their charts?

Virgo is also the sign that dissects and analyses the physical body/feeling/mind and defines any imperfections in dealing with everyday circumstances. Dotting the i's or separating the chaff from the corn can show the reasons for any difficulties, whereby self-healing can occur. Once again, 'the healer' in Chiron's mythical functioning can be applied.

Chiron's orbit lies between Saturn, the physical manifestation on Earth, and Uranus, the enlightenment that comes from conscious awareness. I think of Chiron as 'the breakthrough' that can occur when the old Saturn situations can be looked at through other eyes, whereby 'a light goes on' that allows a future uninhibited by the past.

Virgo is still definitely ruled by a Mercury that applies logical thinking in a physical fashion. Yet Chiron could be co-ruler of the sign in which it is placed at birth because the aspects it makes could be, but not necessarily are, so recogniseable to the individual.

Recognition is said to be a 'how' of Sagittarius. There are those who would apply Chiron as co-ruler of the sign!!!

From; Chiron in 12th close conjunct Virgo Ascendant, Sagittarius I.C.
The Following User Says Thank You to Frisiangal For This Useful Post:
LisaDiane (05-18-2020)

Tags
chiron, ruled, virgo