violence in a synastry?

sita

i'm still in astrolgy kindergarten, especially in regards to synastry, and am wondering if anyone wants to hold my hand and help me interpret this synastry between me and my dad, especially the harsher combinations with mars, pluto and saturn? do these planets together mean violence?

Last edited:

wilsontc

Staff member
Mars

sita,

Mars has to do with our "actions" and, when frustrated or challenged frequently can lead to our becoming "angry". Pluto has to do with "power" and "death" while Uranus has to do with "rebellion". So when Mars aspects Pluto stressfully (conjunction, square, or opposition), there are "angry power" issues which could lead to violent death. When Mars aspects Uranus stressfully, there are "angry rebellion" issues such as violent overthrows of authority or rebelling against anyone who symbolizes authority.

Saturn, however, has to do with "restriction". So when Mars aspects Saturn stressfully there is commonly a challenge in taking action. This creates a growing "frustration" in the person which could be "touched off" by a stressful aspect of Mars to Pluto or Uranus either in the birth chart or by transit.

In the chart example you give, there is Pluto opposite Mars in one person's chart, indicating the possibility of violent, angry power issues. The other person's Saturn is opposing Mars, indicates that they may be seen as somehow "frustrating" the Pluto opposite Mars person's ability to take action. This could cause a very violent reaction in the Pluto opposite Mars person.

If your dad has a history of violence, this could be a serious issue. I would suggest being very careful about being seen as "too restrictive" around him. If your dad does not have a history of violence, then most likely he has learned some postiive way to use his Pluto opposite Mars energy. But it would still be wise to be careful about "restricting" him.

Explaining,

Tim

wilsontc

Staff member
Being a child

sita,

I am sorry that you had to experience your father's personal issues so directly. Unfortunately, when we are children we tend to experience the energy around us as "fated" and beyond our control. Only when we get older and begin to own our energy (and DISown that energy which is NOT ours) can we begin to break free of our childhood tendencies and grow and develop as people. I am very pleased that you are using your own adult awareness to own your own energy and leave what is in the past in the past.

Urging acceptance and moving on from our past,

Tim