House of Death

I don't remember if it was the house of death, which I think is the 8th house? I don't know much about astrology. When I was reading about death predictions in natal chart, there was a sign in the house that stood for death in foreign country or death while traveling in a foreign country. Again, I can't remember the sign or the house. But I was wondering if a way of death has alternatives or just one way in a natal chart. I thought this part in natal chart was off since I knew someone would not be traveling to a foreign country in the future. Now, I'm concerned since this person is planning on traveling to a foreign country.

8th house is death house. if it is in sagitarius the native may die abroad during travel.if there are planets in the house they will show why and how the native will die.

The_Saturnian

4th house can also be a key factor as it's the house denoting the end of things. It would be good to look at the sign that rules the 4 cusp and the placement of that sign's ruler in the chart. Do not forget that a combination of natal aspects, transits and progressions will also contribute. Another key feature worth analysing is the solar return chart. 4th and 8th house rulers and placements may also play a pivotal role.

ashriia

So, it doesn't necessarily mean someone will die abroad if sagitarius is in the 8th house?

The short answer, no.

You'd need to look at jupiter by house and aspects also, the sun and it's aspects and the ruler of the sun and it's aspects.

Sag 8th= death abroad, is too cookie cutter. And even if the native dies abroad that doesn't mean tomorrow, could be at the end of life at age 90. Also it's favorable for the native to move abroad, if jupiter is well aspected with that placement.

The_Saturnian

The short answer, no.

You'd need to look at jupiter by house and aspects also, the sun and it's aspects and the ruler of the sun and it's aspects.

Sag 8th= death abroad, is too cookie cutter. And even if the native dies abroad that doesn't mean tomorrow, could be at the end of life at age 90. Also it's favorable for the native to move abroad, if jupiter is well aspected with that placement.

Could live to be 120 (4 x Saturn Returns)?

waybread

Please, don't even go there. There is so much misinformation about death in the horoscope, you can't believe most of it.

Traditionally the 8th is the house of one's death-- but astrologers learned about 2000 years ago that they could not read anyone's death transparently off the 8th house. They devised a bunch of different more complex methods to try to predict death, but these give different results.

Back in ancient times, this was a big concern, because few people lived very long. Infant mortality rates were high. Today in the developed world, most people can count on living into their 70s or even early 80s if they look after their health. Yet the planets didn't suddenly start doing different things to bring about this increased life expectancy.

Frankly, if everyone with Sagittarius on the 8th house were to die while traveling overseas, the life- and travel insurance industry would be all over this.

Please do not worry about this stuff. Just live the best life you can. Astrology isn't meant to scare the bejeezus out of people, thanks to wrong predictions by amateurs.

I have noticed that people with a strong 8th house focus tend to be very private people, and they may think about death more than most others.

craft94

Yeah, no. Not everyone with a Taurus Rising dies abroad. That doesn't even make sense. Experiment: go to astrotheme and search for celebrities with Taurus Rising. Look through all the dead ones and see how they died. I'm guessing there will be more variety than that.

I find that the 8th house does indicate death but not usually in such a literal way. More like loss or separation. Solar or Lunar Return charts with strong 8th house placements or 8th house transits generally cause something within me to die - but I am still alive.

Last edited:
I think some advisors read carefully only thair posts. Waybread, what did yo see wrong in my sentence? I said the native "may die". does it sound for you like "Will die"? If you want to show yourself most clever and original do it with clever posts. When you anounce others as amateurs and and thair posts to be wrong, you are more like an amateur then an astrologger. I insist you to explain what was wrong in the sentence posted by me that sagitarius 8th house is possible to die abroad but other planets and aspects could show more details. i did not mention it would happen at 70 or 80. what do you mean in "planets did not suddenly start doing thing differently"? Who said that 8th house determines the date of death or life length. 8 hoise is about where and how is it more possible to die when it happens. this was in my post. this is in theory of astrology. please explain to community what was wrong and also explain did you want to say that 8th house and its planets can not show how native is more posible to die? or did you just wanted to show yourself the smartest? Waiting for your explanations. thank you!

Last edited:

david starling

Yeah, no. Not everyone with a Taurus Rising dies abroad. That doesn't even make sense. Experiment: go to astrotheme and search for celebrities with Taurus Rising. Look through all the dead ones and see how they died. I'm guessing there will be more variety than that.

I find that the 8th house does indicate death but not usually in such a literal way. More like loss or separation. Solar or Lunar Return charts with strong 8th house placements or 8th house transits generally cause something within me to die - but I am still alive.

Krishnamurti was always talking about dying to the Past in order to live in the Present:"We cannot live without dying". He meant in the psychological sense. Perhaps Taurus Asc makes it hard to let go.

waybread

I think some advisors read carefully only thair posts. Waybread, what did yo see wrong in my sentence? I said the native "may die". does it sound for you like "Will die"? If you want to show yourself most clever and original do it with clever posts. When you anounce others as amateurs and and thair posts to be wrong, you are more like an amateur then an astrologger. I insist you to explain what was wrong in the sentence posted by me that sagitarius 8th house is possible to die abroad but other planets and aspects could show more details. i did not mention it would happen at 70 or 80. what do you mean in "planets did not suddenly start doing thing differently"? Who said that 8th house determines the date of death or life length. 8 hoise is about where and how is it more possible to die when it happens. this was in my post. this is in theory of astrology. please explain to community what was wrong and also explain did you want to say that 8th house and its planets can not show how native is more posible to die? or did you just wanted to show yourself the smartest? Waiting for your explanations. thank you!

Please do not take this so personally. I specifically did not center out you or anybody else.

We see this type of thread periodically; and frankly most of the people who post about death do not understand either the techniques, ethics, or success rates of astrological death prediction. The trouble is that contemplating their own death or the death of someone they care about frightens many people to a degree that we don't see in discussions of the other houses. This is one thing that I find unethical about Amateur Hour in death prediction.

The whole business reminds me of the Sorcerer's Apprentice in Walt Disney's Fantasia. You remember Mickey and his mops?

I don't think your post helps your case very much. Well, sure-- it is possible to die overseas if Sagittarius is on the cusp of your 8th house. But note also that Sagittarius rules other phenomena besides international travel. Why not die from a university course or target practice at the archery range?

And what "details" would you expect other planets to show? They equally have multiple significations and rulerships.

The other problem is that the sign on the cusp of your 8th house can change depending upon which house system you use. Particularly for someone with a late degree rising, there can be a big difference between a quadrant house system and whole signs. (Whole signs are currently making a big come-back.) But surely a matter as weighty as death shouldn't hinge on whether you use Koch or the equal house system.

Surely you are aware that others believe or fear that the timing of death can be predicted from the 8th house or its derivatives.

craft94's position on this matter seems entirely sensible and practical.

Re: my point about life expectancy. Just for anyone who doesn't know what it means, basically it is a demographic measure that starts with a cohort or particular age group, born in a given location. Based upon population and social variables, demographers predict the age by which half of that cohort will have died, and half will still be alive.

A child born in ancient Rome or medieval London might have had a life expectancy of 35 years. Maybe more if he survived infancy. Today, most citizens of economically developed nations have average life expectancies in their 70s, or even low 80s. (Life expectancies tend to be higher for women.)

Apart from the timing of death, these high life expectancies essentially mean that most people in the developed nations will die of complications of old age. So the typical manner of death has altered over the centuries, as well.

So did the planets, signs, and houses somehow change between the past and today, to produce this different result? Of course not. Rather, as I said in my first post, we cannot look at the 8th house as a transparent predictor of death.

This is why, since Antiquity, astrologers came up with more sophisticated predictive methods. Unfortunately, a lot of these were simply wrong. Take the example of the late Richard Houck, who wrote a book on astrological death prediction. He was significantly mistaken about both the timing and manner of his own death. I have more examples where this came from.

I define myself as an amateur astrologer, in the sense that I have never taken payment for reading a horoscope; and the root of the word "amateur" is the same as the word "amore," to love. I will say that I have been studying astrology for over 25 years, I have an extensive home library of astrological books and articles, and I have read a lot of charts for people on this and another forum. This experience doesn't necessarily make me correct, but it does give me s modicum of confidence in what I post.

If you'd like me to post specific references on the problems of death prediction, I will-- provided you pledge to read them.

Last edited:

wilsontc

Staff member
back on topic, to all

All,

Please get back on topic. This thread is about how to predict death using astrology. If you don't believe it is possible to predict death or if you have no experience with death astrology, please create a new thread.

Back on topic,

Tim

JUPITERASC

I don't remember if it was the house of death, which I think is the 8th house?
I don't know much about astrology.
When I was reading about death predictions in natal chart
there was a sign in the house that stood for death in foreign country
or death while traveling in a foreign country.
Again, I can't remember the sign or the house.
But I was wondering if a way of death has alternatives
or just one way in a natal chart.
I thought this part in natal chart was off
since I knew someone would not be traveling to a foreign country in the future.
Now, I'm concerned since this person is planning on traveling to a foreign country.
There is a good discussion on traditional techniques on this topic
the following thread has guidance :smile:
HYLEG AND ALCOCODE
N http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum...ad.php?t=46808

also http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum...ighlight=hyleg

HOWEVER
there are those who shun this kind of astrology

THE MORALITY OF PREDICTING DEATH http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum...light=morality

which inevitably then leads some to question
the morality of predicting anything at all
http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum...light=morality

JUPITERASC

Everybody wants to go to Heaven but nobody wants to die :smile:

keep in mind that
8th house signifies deaths of others as well
such as extended family
friends, acquaintances
and signifies ALL matters relating to death, decay, fear, anxiety and loss.
Also unexpected inheritance, wills, legacies and testaments of the deceased
however
paternity - wealth from the parents - is also shown by the 4th house.
8th also is also Money belonging to a partner, spouse or other party.
as well as financial obligations, debts, taxes, loans, losses, money owed to others