What would indicate emotional steel and grit and high pain threshold?

MSO

I can see where the fixed sign theory comes from, they are known for perserverence. However, there would be a lot more emotionally tough people with high pain thresholds out there if that were the case. No, I suspect it's something else.

sequestra

Ah yes! Perseverance. Okay that makes sense... And strong mars arien warrior-archetype people? Cardinal... I haven't met many wussy aries boys.

Kannon

I am talking serious ability to endure physical pain and hardships without wincing. I'm pretty tough in this manner (one example; 2 natural childbirths with extremely painful labour that went on over 30 hours both times). And people always comment on how stoic and bad *** I am. So it's obvious in my chart...moon conjunct saturn and parallel pluto...but anyone else have this attribute, and where does it pop up in your chart???

Mars/Pluto-Asc asepcts. Mars-Pluto aspects, especially the angular ones. Saturn-Pluto as well, I would think. Sun-Pluto/Saturn to some extent. I don't have any of these aspects, but Sun-Saturn. I have more of the opposite types of aspects, Chiron, Neptune, etc. But I do have a higher than normal pain tolerance not because of toughness, but because of what you might describe as subtle nerve shunting or nerve signal blocking - and many years of migraines. You get practice.

Rebel Uranian

I would say... as weak a Moon as possible, probably peregrine or in detriment, with some nasty aspects. Then, Mercury and Saturn sextile or trine, with either planet conjunct or opposite the Moon.

I think the weak Moon would make more of an at least semi-psychopathic person than anything, especially considering the signs the Moon is debilitated in. I also think that hard aspects from malefics to anything except the vertical axis would be the worst/best for pain threshold, at least developed over time.

Last edited:
Mars/Pluto-Asc asepcts. Mars-Pluto aspects, especially the angular ones. Saturn-Pluto as well, I would think. Sun-Pluto/Saturn to some extent. I don't have any of these aspects, but Sun-Saturn. I have more of the opposite types of aspects, Chiron, Neptune, etc. But I do have a higher than normal pain tolerance not because of toughness, but because of what you might describe as subtle nerve shunting or nerve signal blocking - and many years of migraines. You get practice.

I don't have mars-pluto, but i do have mars conjunct jupiter trine uranus. I'm starting to suspect that a strong mars is what we are really talking about here.

Rebel Uranian

Saturn in Gemini by day would've been in triplicity and not detriment. Leo is still in sect.

Mars: wants to dominate. So of course.

I have a really strong (total it all up and don't just go by signs) and prominent Mars, so why was I really weak and a tad squeamish as a younger kid? I was the only bad runner who desperately wanted to finish out cross-country and was even at all competitive, but nevertheless I was still a bad runner.

Last edited:
Saturn in Gemini by day would've been in triplicity and not detriment. Leo is still in sect.

Mars: wants to dominate. So of course.

I have a really strong (total it all up) and prominent Mars, so why was I really weak and a tad squeamish as a younger kid? I was the only bad runner who desperately wanted to finish out cross-country and was even at all competitive, but nevertheless I was still a bad runner.

Well mars to me also represents perpetual motion despite obstacles. Therefore, pain will be rendered as unimportant to a strong mars who is determined to keep forward motion going.

Mikha

Hi,

I'm a Libra with Pisces Rising.So i Look really really soft.Like i'm not kidding people go out of their way to help me do stuff coz they think i'm too fragile.Maybe in someways i am.I don't have a high pain resistance infact i avoid anything unpleasant.Not that i have Ever been in any painful situation to actually know the outcome but I do cringe at the sight of anything painful.

But then i read your post and i do have Saturn-Pluto aspects and Sun-Saturn aspects.
I also have my moon,mercury,venus and pluto in Scorpio.I don't know somebody mentioned a fixed sign somewhere??

But i still don't think i'm tough at all.Just sometimes i can really discipline myself to get a job done or really sacrifice if i really believe in it.Even deny myself any pleasure.

Maybe in a way this too could be some form of "toughness".hehe.:happy:

beeana

Hi,
I'm a Capricorn rising, with Saturn conjunct Moon in Virgo. Great for enduring every kind of pain. Unfortunately this Moon conjunct Saturn in 8th house, means also depression. My Moon in Virgo makes me a little (so to say) introverted. So there are times when everything takes place insight me, and no one else knows. With my second child, a was in labor 3 nights and days. My belly was thorn in to peaces. When he finally made me a C section, my doctor was horrified for what he found. But again I’m not a courageous person. I’m just enduring.

byjove

Account Closed
Hi,
I'm a Capricorn rising, with Saturn conjunct Moon in Virgo. Great for enduring every kind of pain. Unfortunately this Moon conjunct Saturn in 8th house, means also depression. My Moon in Virgo makes me a little (so to say) introverted. So there are times when everything takes place insight me, and no one else knows. With my second child, a was in labor 3 nights and days. My belly was thorn in to peaces. When he finally made me a C section, my doctor was horrified for what he found. But again I’m not a courageous person. I’m just enduring.

Transiting Saturn over my natal Moon in Virgo (which squares Saturn and is opposite Venus) was the worst transit of my life. How in the world did you get through TR Saturn crossing over Moon and Saturn in Virgo? :w00t:

Rebel Uranian

@Mikha I think the main reason people get tough is because they want to get tough. At one time I was physically a total wimp. Now I'm not physically a total wimp. If you have problems with yourself, you go work on yourself to get rid of them and you don't let yourself say no. It requires a lot of self-torture but it's worth it.

beeana

ByJove, when Saturn was almost exactly over my Virgo Moon, I gave birth to my second child, after an ordeal (I said that before). But transiting Saturn over my natal Saturn and Moon was not such a bad time. I’ve been worse in my life! For me a very hard time was transiting Pluto over my Venus, and then over Sun, Mars, Mercury, Neptune (in quite a short period of time). And now Pluto is heading to my Ascendant and it’s also a hard time for me.

byjove

Account Closed
ByJove, when Saturn was almost exactly over my Virgo Moon, I gave birth to my second child, after an ordeal (I said that before). But transiting Saturn over my natal Saturn and Moon was not such a bad time. I’ve been worse in my life! For me a very hard time was transiting Pluto over my Venus, and then over Sun, Mars, Mercury, Neptune (in quite a short period of time). And now Pluto is heading to my Ascendant and it’s also a hard time for me.

It is perhaps how these planets are placed in our charts that is the difference here. My Moon has only 2 aspects, which bring it into a T square with Saturn and Venus, that is perhaps why it was a nightmare for me but not you. Maybe your Pluto causes trouble for you?

To add to the thread, the emotional steal and grit which got me through that was my belief in myself and my determination. That came from my Sun in the 10th trine Saturn. No Pluto/Moon stuff at all.