2012- end of the world?

MorganaL

I saw the movie 2012 the other day. (the graphics was good)...
But then is it for real?? is the world really going to end?
Shall we start a discussion on this??

The sun will rise and the sun will set on December 21, 2012 just like it always does. Up until that point a lot of people will act like fools and you may see a lot of mass suicides and people acting like "Chicken Little" running around everywhere. A little heads up on why the Mayan calender ended. The man who wrote it either died, ran out of paper, ran out of ink in his pen, or wait...what happened to the Mayans? They are not there anymore! You know what would be a good hobby for someone? Get on the computer and plug in the facts of the Mayan calender and have the computer figure out how the calender should go AFTER December 21, 2012. That would be cool!!!

MorganaL

The Book of Revelations paints a picture of the end of this world as a series of events, happening one after the other. To Danette, the Sun behaved that way in November 03, it was the biggest bang ever recorded from it. Revelations also speaks of the Sun becoming black, and the moon turning to blood before some of the final disasters. The December 04 quake that caused the tsunami(actually shook the planet), Katrina in September 05. Things have been relatively quiet in terms of huge disasters that the whole world hears about, up until the Haiti quake.

Pluto in Capricorn has a lot to do with this, as PLuto rules absolute final destruction, and Capricorn rules form, and structure, buildings etc. So you can just expect to see disasters along the line of Haiti in the years leading up to 2012, it's not just that specific date. Remember how the news showed dead bodies laying in the streets of Haiti? Well the Book of Jeremiah quotes God as saying He will have bodies lined up from one end of the earth to the other.

For those who dont believe in God. Well you're exactly the type of person that He will be purifying the planet of. Planet X may actually not be a planet but something else. Revelation speaks of something coming down out of "heaven" to earth. Basically, everyone has a small piece to the puzzle, but the bigger picture is that there is a Maker, there is an Owner of this planet, this planet didn't make itself. And the Bible is full of stories of "natural" disasters, which really occur when He gets angry. It's never arbitrary, He targets specific nations and cities, and punishes them for His own reasons. The great Flood spoken of in the beginning of the Bible shows that God is capable of killing us all at once if he wants through the forces of nature.

Again, not to turn this into a religious discussion, but religon is part of astrology, the 9th and 12th houses. And the Book of Revelation is FILLED with ASTROLOGICAL SYMBOLISM. It's written in code for those who know the signs. Again, those who dont believe in God, or hate to hear about Bible prophecies, are probably the type of person He will be eliminating to make room for more enlightened beings.

I am finding what you say VERY INTERESTING. I have read the Book of Revelation, but it is so hard to understand. There are symbols and parables in there that are just too difficult. I do agree with you and at one time astrology and religion were linked. I did a paper in college about a religion from Iran that had astrology in it. I don't know where that paper is now but I know it had something to do with the Prophet Zoroaster. It was also said that the three wise men who came to see Jesus at his birth followed this Prophet and that is how they knew of his birth and how to find him in Bethlehem. This religion is still alive and well in Iran only they fall under attack from the shite muslims as you could imagine. Anyway getting back to the book of Revelations. I would like to know more of this. It is quite possible that the Jews of this time did Astrology. There have been things found (unearthed) in Israel to suggest this. I am speaking of a tiled floor that had all the signs of the Zodiac on them!! This was found to be in what was once a Jewish home or some kind of building. In fact when it was discovered people were shocked. There were Jewish and Christian symbols near it so who ever put it there, they were both Jews and Christians!! I have to say however about the Book of Revelations. I have always felt that it said "This could happen" more than "This will happen". We could avoid it because only the past is engraved in stone, not the future. It was a waring to change or stop what "could happen".

Neptune Rising

Well I'm hoping to be on a beach with my soul mate in 2012, seriously. If it was to end, I would want to be enjoying life as much as I can!

I'm not feeling the world ending then either, maybe a change but I don't know, no one knows.

I am not following any specific religion, though I was baptised Catholic, I never followed this. But, I have studied a few religious theories, including the Bible now with a more open mind. I went to an exhibition today and chatted with a Christian lady. I have also read a bit of the Book of Revelations as this speaks of the end times, as do a few other chapters in there. She showed me these. I, though still have a skeptcism, found the descriptions amazingly accurate which describe the current times. A little bit sad too.

I asked if there was a way to avoid all this trauma. Perhaps we cannot avoid what we as a race may have to face. From all that, I gained a bit of knowledge, which is just to have faith, no matter what religion is taught, or learned. It put things in perspective for me.

NR

MorganaL

Well I'm hoping to be on a beach with my soul mate in 2012, seriously. If it was to end, I would want to be enjoying life as much as I can!

I'm not feeling the world ending then either, maybe a change but I don't know, no one knows.

I am not following any specific religion, though I was baptised Catholic, I never followed this. But, I have studied a few religious theories, including the Bible now with a more open mind. I went to an exhibition today and chatted with a Christian lady. I have also read a bit of the Book of Revelations as this speaks of the end times, as do a few other chapters in there. She showed me these. I, though still have a skeptcism, found the descriptions amazingly accurate which describe the current times. A little bit sad too.

I asked if there was a way to avoid all this trauma. Perhaps we cannot avoid what we as a race may have to face. From all that, I gained a bit of knowledge, which is just to have faith, no matter what religion is taught, or learned. It put things in perspective for me.

NR

You know...2012 is also the Chinese year of the dragon. I expect it will be quite interesting. Dragons are cool.

Neptune Rising

You know...2012 is also the Chinese year of the dragon. I expect it will be quite interesting. Dragons are cool.

Cool, yes that will be interesting!

I wish I could remember where, but I read somewhere that something is happening to London on the 21/12/2012, that somehow London was specifically involved. I think it was in a magazine called Cadeuceus, an astrology article in an issue last summer, 2009.

Me and my mate are planning our trip now to the East! :biggrin:

Akyana

The sun will rise and the sun will set on December 21, 2012 just like it always does. Up until that point a lot of people will act like fools and you may see a lot of mass suicides and people acting like "Chicken Little" running around everywhere. A little heads up on why the Mayan calender ended. The man who wrote it either died, ran out of paper, ran out of ink in his pen, or wait...what happened to the Mayans? They are not there anymore! You know what would be a good hobby for someone? Get on the computer and plug in the facts of the Mayan calender and have the computer figure out how the calender should go AFTER December 21, 2012. That would be cool!!!

There is such a program.
See here:

http://www.astrodreamadvisor.com/free_mayan_readings.html#

And...yes, 2013 ..check..:rightful:

platy

A great sign was seen in heaven: a woman clothed with the sun, and the moon under her feet, and on her head a crown of twelve stars. She was with child. She cried out in pain, labouring to give birth. Another sign was seen in heaven. Behold, a great red dragon, having seven heads and ten horns, and on his heads seven crowns. His tail drew one third of the stars of the sky, and threw them to the earth. The dragon stood before the woman who was about to give birth, so that when she gave birth he might devour her child. She gave birth to a son, a male child, who is to rule all the nations with a rod of iron... (Revelations, 12:1‐4)

Venus is Mary...
article-1278904-099af956000005dc-306_634x636.jpg

"This is the seventh sign. You will hear of the sea turning black, and many living things dying because of it."
"The Fourth World shall end soon, and the Fifth World will begin."
-Hopi Prophecy
slide_6519_101477_large.jpg

The signs are everywhere.

Last edited:

Niplan

Banned
" and on her head a crown of twelve stars."

Ah so they were astrologers!! (^^ Crown = sun, 12 stars = Zodiac)

"Behold, a great red dragon, having seven heads and ten horns, and on his heads seven crowns."

Wow even the dragons do astrology in the bible :O

7 within 7 within 7 its a septenary chain!!!

Also how they came up with 777 being "gods" number.

"She gave birth to a son, a male child, who is to rule all the nations with a rod of iron."

Der the sun... Rod of iron = metaphor for combustion, and who else would rule the "nations" aka divisions, or constellations other then the sun :D

Last edited:

Neptune Rising

Very interesting!

I wonder, is there a reference in the Bible to fire and the end times? There is predicted a huge solar flare storm in 2012 that would cause major upheavel on the earth...?

I have always thought of the prophecies in the Bible as relating to politics. Maybe I have seen the Omen one to many times... The reference to the 7 heads, and 7 crowns as well, could that have something to do with politics?

NR

starlink

a shift in consciousness and natural disasters before hand.

Well, that is exactly what is happening since the beginning of this year. Earthquakes, floods, vulcano eruptions and now the oil disaster.
There is predicted a huge solar flare storm in 2012 that would cause major upheavel on the earth...?

I read, as many of you also must have, that at the moment scientists are quite worried about the Suns storms. Its behavior has already changed and they expect worse. The energy will affect all sorts of electronic devices and I think NASA is already building "anti-solar flare" defenses or something like that. It could affect the instruments on board of airplanes and computers all over the world. We just have to wait and see what will happen.

Niplan

Banned
I don't really think the oil is a disaster.. I mean to us yes. But earth is alive, its a living being, It could easly help us out, by subsiding the pressure thats spewing out of the oil reserve.. But it doesn't want to.

Earth is mad, and its making a point. The irony is, that its a man made tube its using to do it.

I see humans have two options at this point, and this will decide weather we live or die.

A) Public out cry and rage at the oil spill, we demand alternitive energy solutions NOW, and tell the bankers and the government to GTFO.

B) We do nothing, someone gets rich from the clean up contract, another oil company goes under, and another oil company gets richer.

Last edited:

Niplan

Banned
history has proven time and time again to repeat its self.

Look at all the ancient civilizations that just died without a trace.

flea

There are some edgar cayce readings that relate most of revelation to spiritual changes within the body.

FleaXX

platy

Ah so they were astrologers!!
Yes - the Bible is full of astrology!

Here is another sign from the Bible, Revelation 13:

16And he causeth all, both small and great, rich and poor, free and bond, to receive a mark in their right hand, or in their foreheads:
17And that no man might buy or sell, save he that had the mark, or the name of the beast, or the number of his name.
18Here is wisdom. Let him that hath understanding count the number of the beast: for it is the number of a man; and his number is Six hundred threescore and six.

666_bar_code_in_rfid.jpg

Go look for bar codes in your house - they all have the mark of the beast!

BobZemco

Here is another sign from the Bible, Revelation 13:

16And he causeth all, both small and great, rich and poor, free and bond, to receive a mark in their right hand, or in their foreheads:
17And that no man might buy or sell, save he that had the mark, or the name of the beast, or the number of his name.
18Here is wisdom. Let him that hath understanding count the number of the beast: for it is the number of a man; and his number is Six hundred threescore and six.

I don't disagree that the Old and New Testaments make numerous references to astrology, or that Revelations is symbolic, however, I do have a problem with texts that are flawed, biased and prejudicial, and no text is more flawed, biased and prejudicial than the King James Version, from which the above is quoted.

In Koine Greek, the language of John of Patmos (which is not the same as modern Greek or Attica Greek or any other ancient Greek dialect), the words 'beast' and 'empire' are neither masculine nor feminine, they are neuter.

In Hebrew, the words 'beast' and 'empire' are neither masculine nor neuter, they are feminine.

Accordingly, if the Anti-Christ was a man, then it seems logical that the deity would have chosen a masculine noun in Greek that translated into Hebrew as a masculine noun.

Instead, you have a noun that is not masculine, rather it is either neuter or feminine. The implication is that the Anti-Christ is an entity, which makes sense since time immemorial we have referred to countries, and entities as either "she" or "it."

Not only that, but....

Revelation 13:17 ...and that no one be able to buy or sell, except the one who had its name or the number of its name.

...and that is the CORRECT translation.

The Greek word therion is neuter, and grammatically speaking that means the only possessive pronoun it can take is "its."

The correct translation is "...its name..." not "...his name..."

"...his name..." would be the correct translation if and only if therion would be a masculine noun, but as I pointed out, it isn't.

Which brings us to the next grammatical problem:

Revelation 13:18 Here is wisdom: Let the one who has insight calculate the beast’s number, for it is man’s number and his number is 666.

The head noun and the genitive are anarthrous, and for those who want proof, look at

Revelation 16:18 ...an earthquake unequaled since humanity.

In other words, in both instances the Greek word anthropos refers to humankind, not a single particular man.

It's important when reading to consider the Point of View of the writer. From the point of view of John of Patmos, and from everyone living in the Roman Empire, the whole world was the Roman Empire. Outside of the boundaries of the Roman Empire there was nothing, just an empty expanse of land populated by uncivilized, uncouth barbarians who were viewed as less than human, even less than an animal, because at least you could tame an animal.

So, the whole of humanity is the Roman Empire and the whole of the Roman Empire is humanity. They are one in the same.

And "wisdom" is required to recognize that Roman is lateinos in Koine Greek and romi-ith in Hebraicized Aramaic, and both work out to 666 using gematria (since John of Patmos was probably an Hellenistic Jew).

One might well ask, why all the coy disguises and symbolism? Well, John was already exiled to the Isle of Patmos in the Aegean Sea. The last thing he needed to do was let everyone know that Roman Empire and its successor entity was evil incarnate. The Roman prefects would have drug John off and doused him with tar and lit him up as a human torch to light the night events at the local coliseum, especially during the "Reign of Terror" under Emperor Domitian during which early Christians were persecuted. So, John wisely used codes and symbolism.

Go look for bar codes in your house - they all have the mark of the beast!

I'm looking at a box of oyster crackers and a pack of Camel Wide Lights and I just don't see it. What I see is three lines, not two.

Historically speaking, the "mark of the beast" was most likely the papal seal, which was required for anything and everyone to buy, sell or trade during the Middle Ages, and even after the Reformation, up until about the early 1700s, when the power of the Vatican began to decline. The guilds of the period all had the "mark of the beast" as the guilds, like the cobbler's guild or the hat-maker's guild were assigned a patron saint for which they must observe the feast days and of course, tithe the Roman Catholic Church. Anyone doing business in the market or elsewhere had to have the authority and blessing of local church authorities, and failure to tithe meant that you'd appear in the local church court, not the king's court.

platy

I don't disagree that the Old and New Testaments make numerous references to astrology, or that Revelations is symbolic, however, I do have a problem with texts that are flawed, biased and prejudicial, and no text is more flawed, biased and prejudicial than the King James Version, from which the above is quoted.
Thanks for that, I'm not religious so one Bible means as much to me as another, and no doubt plenty has been lost in translation and perhaps even purposely mistranslated in some cases. Anyhow, you get the point.
I'm looking at a box of oyster crackers and a pack of Camel Wide Lights and I just don't see it. What I see is three lines, not two.
That's interesting. I have looked at many bar codes around my house and found only 1 that did not have the double lines at the beginning, middle, and end. The 1 that didn't is old, so I figured they probably changed the system at some point.

Or maybe the double lines are there in your bar codes, but next to single lines that make them look like 3 lines. Sometimes there are lines next to the double lines that blend in and make them harder to see.

Are you in the U.S.?

Steeler

666 is not the number of the adversary and second, all the predictions made in revelation and elsewhere in the bible were supposed to happen IMMEDIATELY after the books were written and released. Not thousands of years after. What happened? Nothing.

According to one prediction, the Catholic Church will go down in flames in 2012. I certainly hope it happens in my lifetime...

Oh and btw, I wouldn't be suprised if "God" tries to cleanse the earth from those who don't believe in him (=worship him). That's exactly how the Demiurge behaves.

platy

all the predictions made in revelation and elsewhere in the bible were supposed to happen IMMEDIATELY after the books were written and released. Not thousands of years after. What happened? Nothing.
I've never heard of this. Where did you get this information?
According to one prediction, the Catholic Church will go down in flames in 2012. I certainly hope it happens in my lifetime...
Well, you may very well get your wish, or at least partly so, if webbot is accurate.... and they predicted the oil gusher spot on so.... get your popcorn!

Hi everyone,

I read the book "Maya Cosmogenesis 2012", author John Major Jenkins several years ago and it scientifically explains the alignments that will take place in December 2010. I strongly recommend this reading if you would like an in depth look at this phenomena. As for my personal interpretation of 2012, I believe that it will represent a time when humanity can advance itself on a consciousness and moral level. Along with the transiting Pluto in Capricorn, Uranus entering Aries and Saturn in Libra amongst other transits, the earth will experience upheaval and so will the populace. These are necessary for humanity to evolve into greater consciousness so that we may save ourselves and our planet.