My child has Neptune in the Fourth house and I'm worried sick.

newlyfe

I don't know how to exactly express what I am going through in life and why finding this out deeply saddens me but I will try to tell my story.

My first born son was born 12/14 last year. He's amazing little baby and so cute. I love him. His mom and I are not living together due to certain life circumstances and on top of that we cannot get along. I feel like I try but somehow it just goes left all the time.

I've been reading alot about Neptune in the 4th house and it worries me that I won't be a big part of my child's life because every time I read it I come across something that hits close to home. From my understanding Neptune in the 4th focuses on a parent-father figure being absent or not present in his life.

From: http://theastrologyplacemembership.com/2009/10/neptune-in-the-4th-house/
The placement of the planet often shows where we want to feel a deeper emotional connection because maybe something here was lost. Sadly, it may be the father who is physically absent (since this house rules over this parent) through separation, divorce or death, and this position represents some form elusiveness and inaccessibility. There can also be a deep sadness surrounding him, and he may be unobtainable to them physically and/or psychologically. Usually, there is an unconscious over-idealization of this fatherly figure, and on some level, a solid relationship with him has been sacrificed.

[edited quote over 100 words against Forum rules - Moderator]

In particular this quote above. I find a lot of similarities in this to a tee. I am trying to get a divorce with his mother. I'm artistic and have unfufilled dreams, and often times I feel that people see me as weak. Even though it's so early on his mother show signs of doing things like not caring or letting me FT with our baby when she is mad at me. She will literally show him to me on FT for less than a minute, tell me to hurry up, and just hang up on me. This is the pattern when she is upset with me. She doesn't take kind to any concerns I may have about him such as scratches on his face, skin rashes, hygiene, being lazy and feeding the baby on its back on the bed. It's a cluster-**** of things.

During the pandemic, I have not been able to see the baby in over a month because we are quarantine and even before all of this she will never welcome me into her place where she's staying so I can spend time with the baby, even though I have been there for her through everything and I provide everything for our baby (she hasn't worked in over a year and has no income). Usually I would see him on weekends at my mom's place and spend the day with him and now because of the pandemic I have not been able to see him which I understand, But to not let me FT with the baby and see his development is cruel.

I fear that Neptune in the fourth house will play out for my seed and I won't be a part of his life. It deeply sadden's me as a parent.

Can anyone help me interpret Neptune in the Fourth house fully and clearly?

I guess there is no specific point in this thread, I am venting as I am reading about Neptune in the 4th that has me in a very sad mood with everything I am going through.

Last edited by a moderator:

waybread

Can you post the child's chart?

But basically, roughly one twelfth of humanity will have Neptune in the 4th house. It may move houses depending upon the house system you use. Vedic and traditional western astrologers don't even use the modern outer planets. Modern astrologers assign Mom to the 4th house and Dad to the 10th house.

So please take a deep breath, and then post your little guy's chart.

newlyfe

Can you post the child's chart?

But basically, roughly one twelfth of humanity will have Neptune in the 4th house. It may move houses depending upon the house system you use. Vedic and traditional western astrologers don't even use the modern outer planets. Modern astrologers assign Mom to the 4th house and Dad to the 10th house.

So please take a deep breath, and then post your little guy's chart.

thanks.

2458969501505.gif

I put his birth info on a chart generator on google and this is what I got.

waybread

I don't see the chart. The most legible free charts are at Astrodienst www.astro.com .

From a computer, save the chart to your computer then upload it as an attachment to your next chart. Just follow the prompts on "Go advanced" at the bottom of your next message.

From your cell phone use an image storage service like imgur.com and then post the link. Just make sure we can read the degrees.

newlyfe

I don't see the chart. The most legible free charts are at Astrodienst www.astro.com .

From a computer, save the chart to your computer then upload it as an attachment to your next chart. Just follow the prompts on "Go advanced" at the bottom of your next message.

From your cell phone use an image storage service like imgur.com and then post the link. Just make sure we can read the degrees.

thank you so much. let me know if you are able to see this chart.

Last edited:

waybread

First of all, as the child's bio-dad, you should have some parental rights. If you are getting a divorce, what kind of custody and visitation arrangements are you working out? You need a lawyer to help you with this, if you don't have one already.

You will probably also have to work out child support arrangements.

If you hope to be a big part of your son's life, staying on good terms with your ex is really important.

Please keep in mind that planets-in-houses are sometimes an artifact of the house system used. If you use whole signs houses, Neptune shifts in the 5th house, for example.

Basically your son's chart is dominated by a big "kite" formation pointing to Saturn-Pluto-Venus in Capricorn. In a night chart like this one, Saturn represents the father, so I think you have the potential to be extremely influential in your child's life. For better or for worse, so please think about what kind of role model you wish to be.

With Neptune's trine to the moon and sextile to Venus, this child has the potential to be very creative.

Some of what you describe about your son seems fairly normal. Babies do get rashes and have a tendency to scratch their faces before they develop more motor control.

newlyfe

First of all, as the child's bio-dad, you should have some parental rights. If you are getting a divorce, what kind of custody and visitation arrangements are you working out? You need a lawyer to help you with this, if you don't have one already.

You will probably also have to work out child support arrangements.

If you hope to be a big part of your son's life, staying on good terms with your ex is really important.

Please keep in mind that planets-in-houses are sometimes an artifact of the house system used. If you use whole signs houses, Neptune shifts in the 5th house, for example.

Basically your son's chart is dominated by a big "kite" formation pointing to Saturn-Pluto-Venus in Capricorn. In a night chart like this one, Saturn represents the father, so I think you have the potential to be extremely influential in your child's life. For better or for worse, so please think about what kind of role model you wish to be.

With Neptune's trine to the moon and sextile to Venus, this child has the potential to be very creative.

Some of what you describe about your son seems fairly normal. Babies do get rashes and have a tendency to scratch their faces before they develop more motor control.

This is honestly some of the best advice I've received since becoming a father and really puts things into perspective. Thank you so much for taking the time to respond and provide your thoughtful insight.

Is there a birth chart analysis site you recommend for me to check out?

aquarius7000

Hi,

First rule of Astrology is: one placement of a planet in a house can mean different things. I have Neptune in the my natal 4th house. My parental home is very spiritual and so is now my own home. Compassion towards the less fortunate is practised by each and every member of my family. Neptune is also a deep-seated fear of dissolution of fading away, of a deep longing. All that is Neptune.

Second rule of Astrology is: always, without fail, look at the ruler of the house concerned. So, here, you should look at the ruler of the 4th house = Saturn. Saturn is in its own sign of Capricorn, so strongly placed. This means, the child will have the feeling that his surroundings give his stability. However, that stability will be more physical, but not emotional. This is shown two-fold via Moon-Saturn and Pluto-Saturn - both of which show rigidity and power-play involvement. Since Moon is in opp. to both those planets, this happens at the hands of the mother. Is the mother well-educated or is she a foreigner?

If you like, post your own birth chart, so we can see how the relationship to the child is shown in your own chart.

My child has Neptune in the Fourth house and I'm worried sick.
I don't know how to exactly express what I am going through in life and why finding this out deeply saddens me but I will try to tell my story.

My first born son was born 12/14 last year. He's amazing little baby and so cute. I love him. His mom and I are not living together due to certain life circumstances and on top of that we cannot get along. I feel like I try but somehow it just goes left all the time.

I've been reading alot about Neptune in the 4th house and it worries me that I won't be a big part of my child's life because every time I read it I come across something that hits close to home. From my understanding Neptune in the 4th focuses on a parent-father figure being absent or not present in his life.

From: http://theastrologyplacemembership.c...the-4th-house/
Quote:
The placement of the planet often shows where we want to feel a deeper emotional connection because maybe something here was lost. Sadly, it may be the father who is physically absent (since this house rules over this parent) through separation, divorce or death, and this position represents some form elusiveness and inaccessibility. There can also be a deep sadness surrounding him, and he may be unobtainable to them physically and/or psychologically. Usually, there is an unconscious over-idealization of this fatherly figure, and on some level, a solid relationship with him has been sacrificed.
[edited quote over 100 words against Forum rules - Moderator]

In particular this quote above. I find a lot of similarities in this to a tee. I am trying to get a divorce with his mother. I'm artistic and have unfufilled dreams, and often times I feel that people see me as weak. Even though it's so early on his mother show signs of doing things like not caring or letting me FT with our baby when she is mad at me. She will literally show him to me on FT for less than a minute, tell me to hurry up, and just hang up on me. This is the pattern when she is upset with me. She doesn't take kind to any concerns I may have about him such as scratches on his face, skin rashes, hygiene, being lazy and feeding the baby on its back on the bed. It's a cluster-**** of things.

During the pandemic, I have not been able to see the baby in over a month because we are quarantine and even before all of this she will never welcome me into her place where she's staying so I can spend time with the baby, even though I have been there for her through everything and I provide everything for our baby (she hasn't worked in over a year and has no income). Usually I would see him on weekends at my mom's place and spend the day with him and now because of the pandemic I have not been able to see him which I understand, But to not let me FT with the baby and see his development is cruel.

I fear that Neptune in the fourth house will play out for my seed and I won't be a part of his life. It deeply sadden's me as a parent.

Can anyone help me interpret Neptune in the Fourth house fully and clearly?

I guess there is no specific point in this thread, I am venting as I am reading about Neptune in the 4th that has me in a very sad mood with everything I am going through.

newlyfe,

You should post your son's, yours and your wifes chart (data given to availability). Since the parent in general is ruled by the 4th house-and Neptune is deposited within, the associations from other planets making aspects to Neptune within, will tell where and how modifications come from, i.e.; other house expressions, influences by planets within them etc. that taper Neptunes undesirable effects if any. It is not so simple to say that Neptune within the 4th house will cause situations which at his worst could represent.

Say for instance; if Pisces was on your first house cusp..and your Neptune was in the 1st house, I should say your personal influence would most definetely have a great impact in direction towards future footsteps your child would take. Let's say you were a drinker, (bad aspects to Neptune often speak of those that dabble in drug abuse)-Nep. in the first house can express as clairvoyant, highly strung, nervous, creative, genius, a seer, some of the mystical interpretation that Neptune represents...all these would greatly play a profound effect-that would dominate in your childs life. With Neptune in your first house 'you' would be more of a controling influence of Neptune's overall influence in your son's development than someone else. How 'your' Neptune would play out in your existance would be the way your child might view his Father which would directly have bearing upon your son's Neptune. Since the 4th house in a boy child's chart makes reference of the Mother's influence (some author's in Astrology differ in this interpretation), Neptune's effectiveness would focus on the Mother's exchanges with the child and how he viewed his relationship with her. Different interpretations are also included bc of aspect relationships by other planets, ruling departments within the natal chart that Neptune/Jupiter (co lord of Pisces, a co ruler of Sagittarius) give reflections upon. Remember, the Stars impel, they do not compel...they give insight to development possibilities-they do not physically set our feet in stone in directions to take in life.

It is not a simple process of interpretation to consider Neptune's energy as disentigrative to the house he tenants as meaningful in the strictest of sense. I think it wise you try to have a personal birth chart erected for your son, given the birth data, time date, etc so that you should be able to have an Astrologer interpret his chart, to see just how 'your' Pisces/Sagittarius-and Jupiter/Neptune might be effective in your life, and then project (composite chart) or place 'yours/his planets' within each other's chart. The child's Neptune is reflective of how he 'may' show an influence given to Neptune energy according to the way his parents project Neptune's influence-their abililty to develop each their own capabilities, understanding according to his pressence within their chart.

Is Neptune positive in your chart, it sounds like it is, you speak with insight (expressing a concern about just how you wish to reflect your pressece within your son's future)-a quality of Neptune. His presence is the ability to inherently have an inner spiritual awareness that includes the knowledge of the human condition on an inner plane; (empathy) the ability to understand great distance projections of future concerns, which is typical for seer's-psychologists, mathmaticians engineers, insight that is deeply felt on an inner level-likened unto a 'creator' energy-a power that aids in great strides of change for benefical effects of humanity bc of the individual development of the psyche. Very important values to be able to 'understand' others likened to ourselves, a Christian counterpart to feeling & implementing the Higher Power pressence, a true Father's appearance.

So you see, a natal reading for you and your son, and your wife, can give a better knowledge of the potential expression of Neptune-given by a professional Astrologer or those who truly wish to enlighten and dwell on positive aspects of the art.

Sincerely
(Post script-am not a writer, hope my syntex is understandable).

Student of Astrology

waybread

Thanks, newlyfe.

I recommend a book (one of the main ones I used to learn astrology,) Planets in Youth, by Robert Hand. Another book for beginners that I really recommend is Steven Forrest, The Inner Sky. Both are full of wise, practical advice.

newlyfe

newlyfe,

You should post your son's, yours and your wifes chart (data given to availability). Since the parent in general is ruled by the 4th house-and Neptune is deposited within, the associations from other planets making aspects to Neptune within, will tell where and how modifications come from, i.e.; other house expressions, influences by planets within them etc. that taper Neptunes undesirable effects if any. It is not so simple to say that Neptune within the 4th house will cause situations which at his worst could represent.

Say for instance; if Pisces was on your first house cusp..and your Neptune was in the 1st house, I should say your personal influence would most definetely have a great impact in direction towards future footsteps your child would take. Let's say you were a drinker, (bad aspects to Neptune often speak of those that dabble in drug abuse)-Nep. in the first house can express as clairvoyant, highly strung, nervous, creative, genius, a seer, some of the mystical interpretation that Neptune represents...all these would greatly play a profound effect-that would dominate in your childs life. With Neptune in your first house 'you' would be more of a controling influence of Neptune's overall influence in your son's development than someone else. How 'your' Neptune would play out in your existance would be the way your child might view his Father which would directly have bearing upon your son's Neptune. Since the 4th house in a boy child's chart makes reference of the Mother's influence (some author's in Astrology differ in this interpretation), Neptune's effectiveness would focus on the Mother's exchanges with the child and how he viewed his relationship with her. Different interpretations are also included bc of aspect relationships by other planets, ruling departments within the natal chart that Neptune/Jupiter (co lord of Pisces, a co ruler of Sagittarius) give reflections upon. Remember, the Stars impel, they do not compel...they give insight to development possibilities-they do not physically set our feet in stone in directions to take in life.

It is not a simple process of interpretation to consider Neptune's energy as disentigrative to the house he tenants as meaningful in the strictest of sense. I think it wise you try to have a personal birth chart erected for your son, given the birth data, time date, etc so that you should be able to have an Astrologer interpret his chart, to see just how 'your' Pisces/Sagittarius-and Jupiter/Neptune might be effective in your life, and then project (composite chart) or place 'yours/his planets' within each other's chart. The child's Neptune is reflective of how he 'may' show an influence given to Neptune energy according to the way his parents project Neptune's influence-their abililty to develop each their own capabilities, understanding according to his pressence within their chart.

Is Neptune positive in your chart, it sounds like it is, you speak with insight (expressing a concern about just how you wish to reflect your pressece within your son's future)-a quality of Neptune. His presence is the ability to inherently have an inner spiritual awareness that includes the knowledge of the human condition on an inner plane; (empathy) the ability to understand great distance projections of future concerns, which is typical for seer's-psychologists, mathmaticians engineers, insight that is deeply felt on an inner level-likened unto a 'creator' energy-a power that aids in great strides of change for benefical effects of humanity bc of the individual development of the psyche. Very important values to be able to 'understand' others likened to ourselves, a Christian counterpart to feeling & implementing the Higher Power pressence, a true Father's appearance.

So you see, a natal reading for you and your son, and your wife, can give a better knowledge of the potential expression of Neptune-given by a professional Astrologer or those who truly wish to enlighten and dwell on positive aspects of the art.

Sincerely
(Post script-am not a writer, hope my syntex is understandable).

Student of Astrology

Thank you for this suggestion, any help and insight is highly appreciated.

My chart - https://imgur.com/a/Qrn8rhj

son chart - https://imgur.com/a/VZ5rvt9

wife chart - https://imgur.com/a/nsiN9p3

Hi,

First rule of Astrology is: one placement of a planet in a house can mean different things. I have Neptune in the my natal 4th house. My parental home is very spiritual and so is now my own home. Compassion towards the less fortunate is practised by each and every member of my family. Neptune is also a deep-seated fear of dissolution of fading away, of a deep longing. All that is Neptune.

Second rule of Astrology is: always, without fail, look at the ruler of the house concerned. So, here, you should look at the ruler of the 4th house = Saturn. Saturn is in its own sign of Capricorn, so strongly placed. This means, the child will have the feeling that his surroundings give his stability. However, that stability will be more physical, but not emotional. This is shown two-fold via Moon-Saturn and Pluto-Saturn - both of which show rigidity and power-play involvement. Since Moon is in opp. to both those planets, this happens at the hands of the mother. Is the mother well-educated or is she a foreigner?

If you like, post your own birth chart, so we can see how the relationship to the child is shown in your own chart.

Thank you student of astrology. What do you mean by rigidity, I looked it up but I'm not sure if i'm understanding the context correctly. Can you give an example?

Mommy went to college, not a foreigner. Let me know if that answers the question.

This my BC. Thank you for your help in my quest for trying to understand and learn about my relationship with my son a bit more.

https://imgur.com/a/Qrn8rhj

Last edited:

OuterPlanets89

Very interesting charts. Here's a quick analysis.

1) There's a running theme in all of your charts of Cardinal energy aspecting outer planets, with the degrees all being similar and the planets involved being slightly different for all of you. This means that all of you will feel certain transits heavily (i.e. the Pluto/Jupiter/Saturn currently has or will be impacting all of your lives a lot, simultaneously). These aspects are critical to understand, and I'd go to a professional if you're genuinely curious, as there's a ton of interplay here, both within each of your charts, and also between each other.
- Your Sun/Moon/Mercury being in Cancer/Aries and being in a T-Square with your Capricorn Uranus/Neptune. Your "missing leg" here is Libra in similar degrees, which your son's mom has her Mercury in.
- Your son's mom having her Moon/Mercury/Mars in a T-Square with Uranus/Neptune, with her "missing leg" being in Aries, which is where your Moon is.
- Your son's Moon/Venus being linked in an Opposition with Saturn/Pluto in Capricorn.

2. Your chart seems to point to a Fire/Water theme, as your NN is in Sagittarius in the 12th, and your Moon in Aries is the apex of your T-Square and is in the 4th. My mom has that same Moon placement in the 4th (also at the peak of a T-Square), and while she'll do anything for her family, she can also be far too emotionally impulsive and blunt, driving some of us away as we got older (not saying you're this way per se). It looks as though a lot of the Neptunian energy your son has will be from you, as his Sag Sun/Merc aspect his Neptune, which mirrors your NN in a way.
- Your son has a Grand Trine in Water, and will likely be an empathetic person, though having Saturn/Pluto on his Venus isn't easy. I wouldn't harp too much on him having Neptune in the 4th. It was almost a given that he would have strong Neptunian or 12th H energy, considering both his mom and dad have Neptune in hard aspect to multiple personal planets.

I'm sure I could go on and on, but I guess the main point is that nobody has a "perfect" natal chart, and no placement is inherently doomed. Best of luck!

newlyfe

Very interesting charts. Here's a quick analysis.

1) There's a running theme in all of your charts of Cardinal energy aspecting outer planets, with the degrees all being similar and the planets involved being slightly different for all of you. This means that all of you will feel certain transits heavily (i.e. the Pluto/Jupiter/Saturn currently has or will be impacting all of your lives a lot, simultaneously). These aspects are critical to understand, and I'd go to a professional if you're genuinely curious, as there's a ton of interplay here, both within each of your charts, and also between each other.
- Your Sun/Moon/Mercury being in Cancer/Aries and being in a T-Square with your Capricorn Uranus/Neptune. Your "missing leg" here is Libra in similar degrees, which your son's mom has her Mercury in.
- Your son's mom having her Moon/Mercury/Mars in a T-Square with Uranus/Neptune, with her "missing leg" being in Aries, which is where your Moon is.
- Your son's Moon/Venus being linked in an Opposition with Saturn/Pluto in Capricorn.

2. Your chart seems to point to a Fire/Water theme, as your NN is in Sagittarius in the 12th, and your Moon in Aries is the apex of your T-Square and is in the 4th. My mom has that same Moon placement in the 4th (also at the peak of a T-Square), and while she'll do anything for her family, she can also be far too emotionally impulsive and blunt, driving some of us away as we got older (not saying you're this way per se). It looks as though a lot of the Neptunian energy your son has will be from you, as his Sag Sun/Merc aspect his Neptune, which mirrors your NN in a way.
- Your son has a Grand Trine in Water, and will likely be an empathetic person, though having Saturn/Pluto on his Venus isn't easy. I wouldn't harp too much on him having Neptune in the 4th. It was almost a given that he would have strong Neptunian or 12th H energy, considering both his mom and dad have Neptune in hard aspect to multiple personal planets.

I'm sure I could go on and on, but I guess the main point is that nobody has a "perfect" natal chart, and no placement is inherently doomed. Best of luck!

Wow thank you for taking some time to help explain. I am still re-reading your post as I am new to all of this and astrological terminologies.

https://myalchemicalromance.com/blo...rine-in-water-and-its-connection-with-suicide

(When I looked up a grand trine in water this is one of the first results i found and it made me very sad.)

Is there a reputable website that I can get a combined reading of all three charts together that will help me understand myself, my current wife, and my son better. I mainly seek this knowledge because I want to prepare myself to be able to help my son and work on becoming the father he needs.

OuterPlanets89

Wow thank you for taking some time to help explain. I am still re-reading your post as I am new to all of this and astrological terminologies.

https://myalchemicalromance.com/blo...rine-in-water-and-its-connection-with-suicide

(When I looked up a grand trine in water this is one of the first results i found and it made me very sad.)

Is there a reputable website that I can get a combined reading of all three charts together that will help me understand myself, my current wife, and my son better. I mainly seek this knowledge because I want to prepare myself to be able to help my son and work on becoming the father he needs.
While I don't have a good recommendation on a site that will help, I can tell that you genuinely care -- which is the first (and most important) step to being a good parent, outside of everything else.

And every chart has aspects/placements/configurations that can be interpreted as negative -- whether they point to being self-destructive or bad to others. Hell, if you looked at my chart in a vacuum, there are a handful of aspects that can be traced back to "doom" articles like the Grand Water Trine article you linked. Sensationalism is very present in Astrology too, and unfortunately it often yields the most "hits" online, so I'd be wary of that line of thinking. I will say that I happen to know a guy I went to school with that had a Grand Water Trine that won a Grammy for music production.

The thing I like to remember about natal charts is that they're a snapshots of energies present when a person is born, and not much else. I like to think of them as natural tendencies present in the psyche, that will react in certain ways when they're not consciously addressed. But some people will do little-to-no self-reflection and will express negative aspects of their chart until their last day, while others will do the self-work necessary and turn challenging aspects/placements into strengths (or at least into a positive awareness).

aquarius7000

What do you mean by rigidity, I looked it up but I'm not sure if i'm understanding the context correctly. Can you give an example?

Mommy went to college, not a foreigner. Let me know if that answers the question.

This my BC. Thank you for your help in my quest for trying to understand and learn about my relationship with my son a bit more.

https://imgur.com/a/Qrn8rhj
The two aspects, Moon-Saturn and Moon Pluto, can make a person very uptight (rigidity) and also obsessed with things. This is in the child's chart, so this is how he could perceive his parents to be (uptight, not giving in easily, stubborn, rigid) and thereby also the home environment he grows up in.

newlyfe

Thank you guys for everything, does anyone have an interesting analysis on all of the charts I posted of my family and I. As I am trying to learn, any brief analysis is helpful.

AW041

I have neptune in my fourth house, and it shows strong ties to my house and my family, especially my mother. I do have a few secrets, limited to my family as well. I did have a complicated childhood,

newlyfe

I have neptune in my fourth house, and it shows strong ties to my house and my family, especially my mother. I do have a few secrets, limited to my family as well. I did have a complicated childhood,

Thank you for entering this post.

If you don't mind me asking. How was your relationship with your father? Was it good? How do you view him, and what do you feel he could of done better.

I appreciate your insight.