Singing Potential

kailaniatsea

Ever since I was a child music and vocalizing has been a great source of fascination to me. Sounds and noises kept my brain interested. Throughout my life I have made attempts to sing and they have met with failure, possibly due to my attraction to the unconventional. As soon as I am asked to tow the line artistically I go the other way and lose inspiration. Could someone tell me what draws me so much to singing yet I have failed? I do not expect to always fail because giving up is not in my book. Yes, I am aware that I have other talents, but vocal sounds captivate me dearly.

Attachments

• Kiki Natal.jpg
    Kiki Natal.jpg
    83.7 KB · Views: 16

kailaniatsea

I took voice lessons for 10 years and came up empty because of all the rules involved; it killed my creativity and soul. Bjork's very quirky, very talented.

Yes interesting. Your ascendent is very close to the fixed star Vega which is synonymous with artistry. you are very Leo heavy which makes it no surprise that you long to perform. If anyone can do it, someone with your chart can. That's all I know. I am also a musician, Mars conjunct Vega. Apparently Vega can make people very true to their art.

kailaniatsea

Awesome! That is very good to hear. You are right about being very true to my art. I've always had very definite ideas about my work and the idea of being a cover singer who makes it "big" or following the mainstream formula does not appeal to me. This doesn't mean that I aim to be avant garde or abstract, just myself. The idea of being someone else's clone is soul crushing. Keep playing!

I ask that because I notice that your MC is in Scorpio which could suggest a career in the mystical, sexual, surgical, occult sciences also. But that probably means your music could have a darkness to it.

kailaniatsea

Unfortunately, I do not have my work online. I lost it in my old flash drive and PC. That, and I never made it a point to always record my old work. However, that is changing now. Perhaps it was my secretive streak, but I am opening up. But yes, most of my work has been mystical and astrology related. Lol. I have been told that I am psychic and my dreams do seem to come true...years later. It's frustrating. Honestly, I love belly dancing and plan to go that route. It's an ancient art that is beautiful, feminine, mysterious and full of sensuality.

I always told my Mom that when I get too mature to perform (you won't see me acting like 25 forever) I will slide into investigative work like a detective. I'll give myself until after age 45 to consider this option. It's a good way to still work once I have a family and serve the community. When I was an adolescent melancholic music appealed to me, but now I want something happy but mysterious and sensuous without being skanky. But with Lilith conjunct Uranus I can only imagine what will come of this...

Do you have your work online?

Last edited: