Moon REFLECTS light of the Sun - has no light otherwise
It's Sun that "sends out so much light"
so as a consequence Moon as well as Mercury
and Venus, Mars, Jupiter, Saturn are all visible

Clearly by any definition

"The Luminary commonly referred to as the Moon"
nevertheless is well documented as
"A Luminary that illuminates by reflecting the light of the Sun" :smile:

It's still a Luminary, sending more light than the Planets, regardless of whether or not it's reflected.

david starling

Both Venus and Mars are Yang-rulers. Both are Domicled in Yang-signs. Again, gender isn't the issue.

Venus, like Mercury, is an inner-planet Heliocentrically, so it appears as both a Morning-star and Evening-star. In ancient Sumeria, although personified as the same goddess (Inanna/Ishtar), she was both Yang, as goddess of Justice, which could include righteous violence; and, Yin as the Evening-star goddess of love and peace.
So, I agree, regardless of gender, all of the indicators, including the Sun, can have a Yin function, which is most noticeable to me with the Sun in Water-signs.

david starling

The reason the Moon and Sun are Domicled in only one Sign each in Traditionalistic astrology, isn't because of their being "too feminine" and "too masculine".
It's because they move in only one direction through the zodiac, whereas the Planets move in both directions. And, it makes for a neat, tidy, 7/12 diagram!

Cosmiccradle

Yes. It seems that the usage of opposites is key. Nocturnal and diurnal have also been used in this thread. The thing that occupies me most is how it is possible that great astrologers could not find common ground and for example only Mercury is completely agreed upon bij all astrologers. The rest recieves different qualities depending on the astrologer. I am attempting to balance the Almuten, this is impossible if the distribution isn't realistic. I am also not in favour of two planets to one sign or one planet in two signs.

david starling

Yes. It seems that the usage of opposites is key. Nocturnal and diurnal have also been used in this thread. The thing that occupies me most is how it is possible that great astrologers could not find common ground and for example only Mercury is completely agreed upon bij all astrologers. The rest recieves different qualities depending on the astrologer. I am attempting to balance the Almuten, this is impossible if the distribution isn't realistic. I am also not in favour of two planets to one sign or one planet in two signs.

Same here, except for Horary, where it seems 7/12 is at its best.
My 12/12 system occurred to me for just that reason, along with what I consider the overwhelming importance of the Asc and Age-indicator. I use those in place of two additional planets, and as I mentioned, associate them with Apollo and Gaia, Domiciled in Sagittarius and Taurus, according to pattern. That moved Jupiter to being Domicled in Virgo, which I noted was the relationship of the Virgin goddess Athena/Minerva ruled by her father, Zeus/Jupiter. Venus is Domicled in Libra, and Mercury in Gemini.
The rest are standard Modernistic, which fit the pattern I used regarding rate of motion.
Since there are several types of rulership involved, it doesn't entirely abandon Traditionalistic. For example, one rulership category is "Regulating-ruler", which is the case for Jupiter relative to Sagittarius. Venus is Exalted in Taurus, and Mars is Exalted in Scorpio, which I call "Devotional-rulership".
The basic pattern is dependant on the Domicile-rulerships, and the rest follows from that.
I've done a LOT of work on the astrological Ages, which is what made the Age-indicator available as a Domicile-ruler. The current, conventional understanding of them is nothing short of abysmal--practically useless.[IMO]

Last edited:

david starling

Are you looking for the Exaltation-ruler of each Sign? This 12/12 system changes that from Traditionalistic. For example, Neptune is Exalted in Libra.

Last edited:

JUPITERASC

In that case, there's only one Luminary by your definition.
my response was:

Moon is a Luminary aka a light
SOLELY because MOON REFLECTS SUNLIGHT :smile:
ergo
obviously, Moon sends more light to planet Earth
because
MOON IS CLOSER TO PLANET EARTH
than the planets Mercury, Venus, Mars, Jupiter and Saturn
which ALSO send their REFLECTED sunlight from the sun

i.e.
The Moon, like the Sun, is a Luminary.
Moon is a Luminary ONLY BECAUSE MOON reflects sunlight
Both Moon and Sun are obviously Yang,
since they both send so much light.

It's still a Luminary, sending more light than the Planets,
regardless of whether or not it's reflected.
Moon IS a luinary aka a light
and it sends only reflected sunlight
as do the seven visible planets

david starling

I've been promising a comprehensive thread on 12/12, which you'd need to evaluate it for yourself. My excuse is, I'm waiting for Jupiter to station Direct. :biggrin:

david starling

my response was:

Moon is a Luminary aka a light
SOLELY because MOON REFLECTS SUNLIGHT :smile:
ergo
obviously, Moon sends more light to planet Earth
because
MOON IS CLOSER TO PLANET EARTH
than the planets Mercury, Venus, Mars, Jupiter and Saturn
which ALSO send their REFLECTED sunlight from the sun

i.e.

Moon is a Luminary ONLY BECAUSE MOON reflects sunlight

Moon IS a luinary aka a light
and it sends only reflected sunlight
as do the seven visible planets

The Moon is brighter than the planets, and in some circumstances can be used to actually see by on an otherwise dark night. That's why it's a "Luminary".

david starling

Moon is visibly brighter than the planets
only because Moon reflects more sunlight than the planets do
because Moon is closer to earth than the seven visible planets

and
Mercury, Venus, Mars, Jupiter and Saturn
are also visible only because they also reflect sunlight

Moon is a Luminary aka Light
because

Moon REFLECTS SUNLIGHT
sufficient "to actually see by

on an otherwise dark night"
If not reflecting sunlight, Moon invisible :smile:

Like people, the Moon is brighter on some days than others. :biggrin:

JUPITERASC

The Moon is brighter than the planets

and

and in some circumstances can be used to actually see by
on an otherwise dark night.
That's why it's a "Luminary".
because

Moon REFLECTS SUNLIGHT

brightness of Moon
is entirely dependent on the quantity of sunlight reflected by Moon
:smile:

david starling

and

because

Moon REFLECTS SUNLIGHT

brightness of Moon
is entirely dependent on the quantity of sunlight reflected by Moon
:smile:

How scientific! :biggrin:

Cosmiccradle

Are you looking for the Exaltation-ruler of each Sign? This 12/12 system changes that from Traditionalistic. For example, Neptune is Exalted in Libra.
Indeed. If you look at the work of Volguine for instance, I've gone to great lengths to build on that and balance this with a 12/12 system, even taking into consideration things like Gauquelin's work. But if I can't balance the planets the work becomes useless when using things like Dwad or Mansion. Not only that but placing Planets/Lords in the cyclus with things like 3/6/9/12 for education also gives a wrong image if the 12/12 system isn't balanced out with the planets. I hope you can follow my argumentation.

david starling

Indeed. If you look at the work of Volguine for instance, I've gone to great lengths to build on that and balance this with a 12/12 system, even taking into consideration things like Gauquelin's work. But if I can't balance the planets the work becomes useless when using things like Dwad or Mansion. Not only that but placing Planets/Lords in the cyclus with things like 3/6/9/12 for education also gives a wrong image if the 12/12 system isn't balanced out with the planets. I hope you can follow my argumentation.

What are your other 2 Domicile-rulers?

JUPITERASC

The Moon is brighter than the planets

and

and in some circumstances can be used to actually see by
on an otherwise dark night.
That's why it's a "Luminary".
because

Moon REFLECTS SUNLIGHT

brightness of Moon
is entirely dependent on the quantity of sunlight reflected by Moon :smile:
How scientific! :biggrin:
Moon, Mercury, Venus, Mars, Jupiter and Saturn
are visible
because
Moon, Mercury, Venus, Mars, Jupiter and Saturn reflect sunlight

Cosmiccradle

What are your other 2 Domicile-rulers?
To be quite honest when taking traditional astrology as a basis I was looking at Ceres, Pallas, Juno and Vesta. I'm not sure what to do with Chiron. When using the school of Ram/APC system I am looking at Perséphoné, Hermes, and Demeter. The trans Pluto planets. But APC is a total different ball game. But I've spent years using is.

The whole problem is traditional astrology has 8 planets (including earth), Sun and moon not included. Sun is a star, Moon is a satellite.

The APC system has 12 Vulcanus, Venus, Earth, Mars, Jupiter, Saturn, Uranus, Neptune, Pluto, Persephone, Hermes, Demeter. However still undiscovered the last three are hypothetical trans Pluto. The theory behind the three is that Neptune en Pluto were already known through calculations before they were discovered. The same goes for the trans Pluto planets.

david starling

To be quite honest when taking traditional astrology as a basis I was looking at Ceres, Pallas, Juno and Vesta. I'm not sure what to do with Chiron. When using the school of Ram/APC system I am looking at Perséphoné, Hermes, and Demeter. The trans Pluto planets. But APC is a total different ball game. But I've spent years using is.

The whole problem is traditional astrology has 8 planets (including earth), Sun and moon not included. Sun is a star, Moon is a satellite.

The APC system has 12 Vulcanus, Venus, Earth, Mars, Jupiter, Saturn, Uranus, Neptune, Pluto, Persephone, Hermes, Demeter. However still undiscovered the last three are hypothetical trans Pluto. The theory behind the three is that Neptune en Pluto were already known through calculations before they were discovered. The same goes for the trans Pluto planets.

I've not heard of APC. Is it a new school of astrology? Of course, now I'll look it up.