Saturn return in Sagittarius - help

Hello,

I'm in the thick of my saturn return - I turned 29 a few months ago. My saturn return is in Sagittarius (one astrologer says it's on the 8th house, another on the 9th). I'm trying to get my masters but it feels like its never going to happen. I had this sudden urge earlier in the year to finally go for it, after years of staving it off. But I can't get over the hurdle of the score on the exam that I need to get into grad school. I've always been a good test taker - usually barely putting in the effort and always end up with above average results. But here I am - giving it my all only to run into roadblocks.

I know the saturn return is supposed to bring changes that will lead you to your path. I'm listening to the voice inside me, telling me to make a change. But why is this so difficult? Also, does it make a difference whether my saturn return is in the 8th or 9th? One astrologer said its in the 9th, which would make sense that I'm wanting to pursue my masters. But another astrologer said it was in the 8th house.

I just feel so decimated. I don't see the light in the end of the tunnel. If I'm supposed to make a change in my life, if I'm supposed to follow this grad school path, why does it seem impossible to get there? :sad:

Frisiangal

Hi,
It may not be entirely due to Saturn, you know.

There's been a lot of transiting planetary alignment going on during 2016 which, if the natal chart has been influenced, is adding its weight to the 'cyclic' patterns everyone goes through at specific ages. The change in your personal attitude would appear to be the result of the preceeding secondary progressed Moon return together with tr. Uranus trining itself (around 28 years). Maturity is beginning to set in, which often involves the self discipline (and) for taking responsibility for one's own actions, leaving 'immaturity' behind.

You could think of Pluto as a sledge hammer annhiliating old ingrained Capricorn patterns to create something entirely new and lasting from it which will benefit Saturn's continuing sojourn through Sagittarius. One of Pluto's main functions is the power of will, which ultimately provides the light that guides the way to the end of the tunnel.:smile:

The 8th/9th house distinction can be due to the house system each astrologer followed.

CapAquaPis

In sidereal astrology, Saturn officially entered or transit Sagittarius in late Oct. before halloween. Saturn is a dark, morbid and macabre planet - a malefic and traditionally, the farthest planet in the solar system (well, we have Uranus and Neptune, for awhile Pluto-now a "dwarf" planet, more similar to Saturn and to some extent, Mars). The last time Saturn was in this sign was the late 1980s, a time of political upheaval in the communist world and economic turmoil in the free world - Wall Street crash in New York, US of Oct 19, 1987 and fall of the Berlin Wall in Germany (formerly East and West before reunification) of Nov 9, 1989.