semi-sextile

Angel of Something

Ok, I've seen a semi-sextile refered to as both slightly negative and slightly positive aspects... I would guess that it is slightly positive.

Well, I did a horary chart and got an applying sextile for the answer. I'm not quite sure if I should even use that aspect, since it isn't a major one (that's what I was told in the reading material I've used).

The question was asked at 19:38:01 on the 22nd of October, 2005 in Pocatello, Idaho, USA.

My question was: "Did he (my significant other) lie in that message?" Just before I did the chart, I considered asking if he had -not- lied, and I'm not sure if that enters in.

Also, if you ask a question where a "yes" would be unfortunate or bad, does a "positive" aspect still count as a yes? Usually, I would re-word the question so I wouldn't have to deal with that.

Other things... my chart is 2-17 1989 Fremont, CA at 1:23 am. His is 4-25 1989 Seattle, WA at 0:00 am.

Oh, and my interpretation... 5th house at 6 Virgo, ruler Mercury at 20 Scorpio. 3rd from 5th at 24 Scorpio, ruler Pluto at 22 Sagittarius. So it's an applying semi-sextile.

Poupoupidou

Ok, I've seen a semi-sextile refered to as both slightly negative and slightly positive aspects... I would guess that it is slightly positive.

Well, I did a horary chart and got an applying sextile for the answer. I'm not quite sure if I should even use that aspect, since it isn't a major one (that's what I was told in the reading material I've used).

As far as I am concerned, semi-sextiles are supportive aspects, since they are the opposite of Murphy's Law. If something can go right, it is likely to go right. Semi-sextiles are also indicative of serendipity. It's not used by all astrologers, but I don't think it is a reason to discard them.