Home roots IC

LittleMiss

`Honing in' is a term I should never used to a non-English speaker. It was a bit dumb of me!!

What I mean is that when you have a hidden desire, or a fear you cannot talk about, people close to you seem to have a way of talking about it, or making it known to you in some way that they `know' about it. This seems to be something which people close to us do for us in an unconscious way. That is - they `know' about things which they cannot possibly know. They may pick things up intuitively that have not been spoken about.

I hope this has not confused you further. :cool:

:biggrin: Thanks! That was what i intuitivly thought you meant, but it was nice to have it explained!
I've never thought about that before, but I guess you are right.

Sebastien Cheritte

Wow this is pretty intense stuff - I had no idea.

Look, no disrespect for cutting anyone off here, but I've gone through all the other stuff on my chart, to be more specific I haven't found a link that could properly explain the Imum Coeli and Medium Coeli to me by using me as an example - so therefore I have nothing to relate with. :|

From what I've been reading it has to do with Family life
(especially at a young age) - am I right?
Would that mean then that the Medium Coeli describes later life?
:alien:
IC Gemini
MC Sagittarius

R4VEN

Wow this is pretty intense stuff - I had no idea.

Look, no disrespect for cutting anyone off here, but I've gone through all the other stuff on my chart, to be more specific I haven't found a link that could properly explain the Imum Coeli and Medium Coeli to me by using me as an example - so therefore I have nothing to relate with. :|

From what I've been reading it has to do with Family life
(especially at a young age) - am I right?
Would that mean then that the Medium Coeli describes later life?
:alien:
IC Gemini
MC Sagittarius
Just keeping this simple for now....................

IC = where you have come from - which includes family of origin, as well as your line of heredity.
MC = where you are going, or where you strive to go/be, and this can include your career aspirations, but generally is about how you wish to be seen - as an individual, as opposed to the `collective' described by the IC.

Saturnian

Let's see...

My IC is in Taurus.If signs weren't intercepted though it would be in Aries.

Anyway with 4th house in Taurus...I personally enjoy familiarity and some sort of closeness with people.With my friends I like it when I feel them like family and can let them be if they too want.

Now when I travel,I tend to complain...despite enjoying it at the same time!But I also enjoy my COMFORTS at home.So I am not surprised.
Most likely when I buy my own house I'll decorate it myself so I can create the right atmosphere.Preferably an insipiring one,since the house I am living at the moment doesn't offer me the freedom to do anything I want.

I also feel a lot "at home" and relaxed when I am out sitting in a park near nature with lots of green and it's midday,when everybody is at their homes relaxing.I prefer to spend that time of the day out with the sun sitting under a tree and doing nothing.Just sitting there looking at the sky and feeling the wind.It's just so relaxing and calming.I enjoy it more when there is a person next to me.At these times I feel truly happy and alive.I see what this world really is about and that things such as TV shows,phonecalls,the internet etc. don't matter at that time.It's also an excellent bonding time for me.

Another thing.When I am at my house,I get an appetite easily,so sometimes I tend to pig,let alone all the sweets...

I forgot!I find it hard to be comfortable in others' houses from the beginning.Even my sleep is light when I am sleeping in someone else's bed.

Last edited:

R4VEN

Saturnian, that is a good description of IC in Taurus!!! I like the bit about `pigging' on food, something which may be about creating a sense of physical comfort - which is what a Taurus IC strives for.

Saturnian

Saturnian, that is a good description of IC in Taurus!!! I like the bit about `pigging' on food, something which may be about creating a sense of physical comfort - which is what a Taurus IC strives for.
I am glad I was able to describe it in the right way!
Haha yeah,but I should stop that sooner or later...surprisingly though my weight always stays where it is,XD.And when it changes it's only 1 or 2 kg,nothing dramatic...Phew I am glad.

Munch

I have my IC in Capricorn. Eros is conjunct it, but I have no idea what that translates into.....

As far as my family goes though, there was not a lot of love or affection and everyone kinda just did what their own thing.

AspieTaurus

My IC is in Virgo, which is also my mom's sun sign. My mom very much fits the newspaper sun-sign horoscope stereotype, she is the manager of a bar in my little rural hometown and is an accountant by education. She is a neat-freak (not obsessively, so, fortunately), and likes crosswords, jigsaw puzzles, board games, and detective and forensics tv shows. I grew up in a very structured environment growing up by necessity because of my Asperger's. My mom was not overbearing or cruel, but she was very firm and fair in enforcing the rules in the house (she was the dominant parent, my stepdad was an easy-going Sagittarius who was more like a big brother and buddy).

PD187540

My IC is in Taurus, with my moon in Aries conjunct the IC (although it's technically in the 3rd house). My moon is also strictly opposed to both Saturn and Pluto in the 9th House.

My home life is pretty stable for the most part, and I feel comfortable where I'm living right now (in the same old town of Malverne, NY that I've been living in for the past 27 years haha). Although, I've had plenty of thoughts about moving out of the country.

I tried moving out of state, but that never worked out. The first time was for my first year in college. I moved back home within 3 weeks because I was homesick. The second time I moved was just last year...I went to Los Angeles to pursue my doctorate, but I moved back home after 5 months for different reasons: my school wasn't giving me enough financial aid to live out there, and I just couldn't stand the way the professors taught out there. So basically, it seems like that whenever I try to move, something always comes up to bring me back home to my birth place. That's probably the 3rd/9th House polarity that I have going on.

As of right now, I'm doing a distance learning program to get my Master's degree in teaching. So far, it's working out quite well. The latest thought that entered my mind was moving to England and actually teaching there in 2 or 3 years. If I do decide to do that, I'm hoping that nothing will interfere. With my previous two moves, I didn't have an established career with a salary lined up, so maybe that will provide enough incentive and reason for me to stay put in a foreign country? (besides the fact that I'll have about $50,000 in student loans that I may have trouble paying back here in the States!).

Any thoughts about this??

Attachments

• natal chart image.gif
    natal chart image.gif
    49.7 KB · Views: 26

Flowergirl

So, how do you identify with your IC?:biggrin:
I cried the moment I read the Gemini IC on the IC section in The Astrology bible by Judy Hall.

It says:

"The abode of the Self

The IC is the root of the innermost Self. It symbolised base security, what a person needs to feel safe. It also describes a person's home, famly of origin and how easiliy a person fits into the family. What feels 'safe' for one person may not be safe as others would understand it.... The IC is where self-destructive patterns originate and, as such, explains why violence or trauma may have such seductive appeal.

The inner Self

The inner Self is found deep within the solitude of the IC. It is what must be sought to know one's Self fully. The inner landscape may be safe or threatening, dull or exciting, imaginative or pragmatic, orderly or elastic according to the sign and the IC shows how introspective someone is and how easily the inner depths are explored."

My IC is in Gemini:

"Gemini IC: Likes having someone there to listen. Gemini communicates the family's concerns."

Like I said, I cried the moment I read about my Gemini IC. It was instant recognition of something very painful in my life. I had great difficulty getting my family to listen to me as a child. They were very authoritative and believed in 'the child must be seen and not heard'. I often had concerns about how family members hurt one another but when I wanted to express that, I wan't listened to and scolded for my opinions. This may not have bothered other people but for me it set the stage for a lot of anger and inner trauma. Self expression in the family have never felt safe for me and it causes a lot of inner violence and tension in your 5th chakra when you withhold expressing yourself.

It's a wonderful little book. There are no conjunct planets around my IC.

Flowergirl

For those who cannot relate to their IC, I post the information from The Astrology bible. Moderators, I hope that by giving credit to Judy Hall, the author of these words, no violations are committed by posting this:

Aries IC: Want sot be valued as an individual and is often the loner within the family.

Taurus IC: Needs an unchanging routine to feel safe. Rock-solid Taurus is the pivot around which the family revolves.

Gemini IC: likes having someone there to listen. Gemini communicates the family's concerns.

Cancer IC: Needs time to withdraw to the womb and reflect. This clingy IC is family-orientated and has difficulty in cutting ties.

Leo IC: Finds security in being thought special and in taking centre stage. Leos are expected to shine and seldom disappoint their family.

Virgo IC: Finds security in orderly routine and tidy surroundings. This person may have been over-protected as a child, or be part of a family with impossibly high standards.

Libra IC: Finds security in being part of a harmonious family, but is expected to be a people-pleaser who does not express individuality.

Scorpio IC: Is self-contained and something of a mystery to the rest of the family.

Sagittarius IC: Find security in freedom, hating to be tied down.

Capricorn IC: Needs a secure environment and to be in control on the inner levels. A great deal is expected from dutiful Capricorn.

Aquarius IC: Needs space and a secure base to return to. Aquarius IC may be the family outcast or valued as an independent individual.

Pisces IC: Has great difficulty in distinguishing between self and the rest of the family.

bittermoon

The IC has been completely fascinating to me lately. Mine is in Gemini, I have Venus conjunct the IC. Having a Gemini IC suggests that ties to home aren't very strong, which in my case is not true but that could be my Cancer Sun. However, with Gemini on the IC it is likely that the native moves around a lot, which is definitely true for me. Not just homes or cities, but entirely different countries and continents.

Venus on the IC suggests a good relationship with my parents and possible financial benefits through the parents -- both true.

Lion o ness

My IC is at 20Gem conjunct Saturn 18Gem.... Saturn in H3

My Cancer Venus is in H4..

I moved around alot as a child, place to place.. I am an only child.. I was very lonely as a child...

I wasnt attached to my childhood at all.. glad its done... My venus is afflicted.

But now as an adult I am attached to my home.. I love being home, and as an adult I stopped moving.. I have lived in the same place since 1999..

bittermoon

Lion, Saturn conjunct the IC seems like a rather austere placement to me. No wonder you grew up feeling lonely.

My Venus trines my Mars and Moon, though squares my Pluto in the 7th so it's not all lollipops and rainbows for my Venus, either.

Lion o ness

Lion, Saturn conjunct the IC seems like a rather austere placement to me. No wonder you grew up feeling lonely.

My Venus trines my Mars and Moon, though squares my Pluto in the 7th so it's not all lollipops and rainbows for my Venus, either.

Yeah add that with the Pisces Asc and being and an only child... I was always just in my room alone.. I was really really shy... Unless you wanted to take a picture of me... Then I was all for it... lol (my leo) ha ha ha

bittermoon

Pisces Rising here, too. I was also shy as kid (and often alone in my room, but I always enjoyed that, still do... Scorpio Moon and Mars in 12th perhaps) and hated my picture taken (no Leo or any fire besides Sag MC in my chart). Still do, but as a photographer I'm always the one behind the lens anyways :)

Lion o ness

Pisces Rising here, too. I was also shy as kid (and often alone in my room, but I always enjoyed that, still do... Scorpio Moon and Mars in 12th perhaps) and hated my picture taken (no Leo or any fire besides Sag MC in my chart). Still do, but as a photographer I'm always the one behind the lens anyways :)

Yeah Im better behind the scenes also.... I can still "shine" behind the scenes.. But when I was little I loved getting my pic taken.. Not so much anymore...

michel12

yes the IC is very interesting, actually its the only house in my chart that i dont understand cause you see i have leo on the 4h cusp the sun in the 11h with no bad aspects. my childhood was a terrible one and as i get older it makes me really mad to think of my childhood. we moved alot , my parents fighting all the time - i hate that, i wanted them to get divorced so that there would be piece and quite in the house. my parents were very selfish people, them first then the kids. i was independent since i was young, and today i am a parent and when i think back i feel so sorry 4 myself. my relationship with my mom today is very cold, i guss that would be moon conjunct pluto (i have it in the 5h) i should add that my kids come first ! and me and my husband never scream at each other thank god! today i love my home, but as a child i couldnt waite to leave. so i dont know what to make of it,does it really tell us about our earlly life?