question on significators

Serendipity

If there are planets located in the house of the quesited wouldnt they be co-significators of the quesited? If it's the moon then whose significator is it? the querent or quesited?

RayAustin

Serendipity said:
If there are planets located in the house of the quesited wouldnt they be co-significators of the quesited? If it's the moon then whose significator is it? the querent or quesited?

No.. for clarity's sake. Just use the house ruler of the questited. I think "co-significator" may be a little misunderstood, I don't think this is meant as to literally represent them, rather I think to represent an aspect of them or the situation or what affects them.

If Cancer was over the 7th house, then I think you should obviously just give them the moon, though there may be some symbolic meaning to this 'double signification'. The querent would be the ascendant ruler, as they always are.

archergirl

However, other planets in the house can represent interference from other people, if they are blocking an aspect between querent/quesited.

Ra_D is right: the Moon shouldn't be thought of as the co-significator for the querent, really...the analogy I like to use is that the Moon is the engine of a chart: it drives the question, it shows where the real focus of the chart is, it shows the past and the future.

AG:)

RayAustin

archergirl said:
However, other planets in the house can represent interference from other people, if they are blocking an aspect between querent/quesited.

Ra_D is right: the Moon shouldn't be thought of as the co-significator for the querent, really...the analogy I like to use is that the Moon is the engine of a chart: it drives the question, it shows where the real focus of the chart is, it shows the past and the future.

I do believe that as well. The moon is co-significator in the sense it shows what will happen to the querent; I don't think, a literal secondary embodiment.

Question AG: Say this is a love horary, querent is Jupiter, questited Mercury. The only relation Mercury has to the querent is being in the Moon's triplicity. As many people take Moon as the querent's significator, it would seem that Mercury likes the querent. Or do you merely think Merc in Moon's triplicity is just a positive thing towards the outcome?

Ray :eek:

archergirl

Good question.:)

If there is no applying aspect between the Moon and the quesited I would say that the interest expressed by reception by triplicity, is by itself, fairly weak, and does not guarantee a positive outcome. For an outcome we need an aspect.

Ideally we would like to see the Moon translating light between querent and quesited. That is the strongest testimony for a positive outcome, regardless of reception.