Fixed Star 26TAU10 ALGOL

Kaiousei no Senshi

Premium Member
what i want to know is how do astrologers come up with the meanings for fixed star.
Observations. Magnitude, time of the year it rises, helical activity, symbolism inside the constellation itself, color, planetary nature, etc, etc, etc.

Having say Spica in your chart does not always work
What's that mean? If Spica's somewhere prominent in a chart, of course it "works".

plus there are other fixed stars that contradict each other.. one is extremly possitive within 1 degree there is another Fixed star contradicts the other one.
I'm not sure what you mean by this. You do realize that fixed stars are projected onto the ecliptic right? Not that they're really all lined up in a circle and are actually a degree apart. Maybe by celestial longitude, but they're usually quite distant in declination and whatnot. There are good stars and there are bad stars and they aren't usually right next to one another unless their constellation has a somewhat dualistic nature, such as Algol, for example. It's in the constellation of Perseus. The stars of the hero are actually beneficial, but there's a distinction between the stars that form the hero Perseus and the stars that form the head of Medusa, of which Algol is her eye.

Make sense?

Also, I've enjoyed all you desperately looking around to find Algol when its position is right there in the title of the thread. It's a star, it's not going anywhere anytime soon. :p

starlink

Kai, My Descendant lies conjunct Algol. It does not make any major aspect to other planets in my chart except maybe oppose Jupiter at 23°Scorpio.
How would Algol conjunct a cusp work out I wonder. 7th house cusp in my case. Maybe bad luck in love? I cannot complain about my relationships. They have been a source of disappointment more than anything else, but which relationship does not have that sooner or later? Life is not perfect and relationships also not. Maybe I am excluded from Algol's wrath? Maybe it only influences you when conjuncting a personal planet?

Kaiousei no Senshi

Premium Member
Hey star, no, stars on cusps work too such as when rising or culminating. I tend to take stars rather literally, so I - personally, not offering advice, just saying what my reaction would be - would worry about people I got close to. Maybe they're crazy.

starlink

would worry about people I got close to. Maybe they're crazy.
Well, my sister sure is one of them:)!!! But over all the years I have been in contact with others )and well, you know, those are a lot of years, I have not really met crazy people nor dangerous people. Maybe spaced out types, but my astrological counseling brings them to me usually.

In my own experience I think it has more to do with the fact that close relationships are just not really working out as I would like it to be.

bakerette

Strange coincidence. I was engaged to be married when my father was diagnosed with a cancerous brain tumor. The date for our marriage was set already. He died two days prior to that date. The family insisted we go ahead as planned. It was hard. A lot of mixed emotions... Later I erected a chart for the date and time of our marriage and Algol was exactly conjunct the IC of that chart. Spooky!

Kaiousei no Senshi

Premium Member
In my own experience I think it has more to do with the fact that close relationships are just not really working out as I would like it to be.

That may be true. I'm not sure what is to be said of Algol on the DC. It should be very important for your partnerships though, so that should be something to see...

Later I erected a chart for the date and time of our marriage and Algol was exactly conjunct the IC of that chart. Spooky!

That's not spooky. That's upsetting. The IC is significant of how the marriage will end.

Kerrie

I was wondering is a faster moving planet was more important that a slower moving planet? Wouldnt a slower moving planet have many people around the same age?

Also what about an angle on Algol, would that be even more important?

starlink

The IC is significant of how the marriage will end.

Really? Why not the MC then? (4th of the 7th). I thought the 4th (IC) shows how your life will end or in what sort of fashion you are at the end of your life.

Also what about an angle on Algol, would that be even more important?
Kerry, that is what we were talking about when I asked about Algol being on my Descendant = an angle.

Kaiousei no Senshi

Premium Member
Really? Why not the MC then? (4th of the 7th). I thought the 4th (IC) shows how your life will end or in what sort of fashion you are at the end of your life.

In marriage event charts, the IC shows how the marriage will end. The MC shows what takes place during the marriage. Hence the idea of Algol (being significant of metaphorical and literal decapitation) on the ending angle makes me a little concerned about that marriage in particular. Not saying that either partner will die due to decapitation such as in a car accident or something (though I suppose it is possible) but more along the lines of one of the two "losing their head" in a fit and doing something the other can't bring themselves to forgive.

Olaven

Hi!
Algol is active when in conj. with points(vertex) and will show up when activated in progression. My prog Desc was conj Vertex and Algol when I got to know my soul-mate. Only in mail and phone. Contact shut up 4 years ago. But the psychic link exist and carries on. So keep your eyes on the future and the developing self!!

Ol

Kerrie

Olaven said:
Hi!
Algol is active when in conj. with points(vertex) and will show up when activated in progression. My prog Desc was conj Vertex and Algol when I got to know my soul-mate. Only in mail and phone. Contact shut up 4 years ago. But the psychic link exist and carries on. So keep your eyes on the future and the developing self!!

Ol

I would think that it was the prog Des conjuncting the vertex that you got to meet this fated person and other aspects. I wouldnt think Algol brought this about, although Algol prob flavoured the person, was the person very Algol? By what you have read in the descriptions given in previous posts? Eg. destructive, you lost your head in someway, she caused you a huge amount of grieve?

Kaiousei no Senshi

Premium Member
Kerrie, I found this part of what you had to say very interesting.

I wouldnt think Algol brought this about, although Algol prob flavoured the person, was the person very Algol? By what you have read in the descriptions given in previous posts? Eg. destructive, you lost your head in someway, she caused you a huge amount of grieve?

Especially the part about losing their head. It would seem that makes the most sense, perhaps in the sense of "head over heels" and the fact that the word "soul-mate" was used and there was never a physical contact (at least if I'm understanding correctly).

Sounds a bit more Neptunian than something Algol would do, but it's an interesting coorelation, I must admit.

However, I'm not so convinced that the stars can interact with calculated points like the Vertex or Part of Fortune. I can't recall reading anything about it.

Kerrie

Kaiousei no Senshi said:
However, I'm not so convinced that the stars can interact with calculated points like the Vertex or Part of Fortune. I can't recall reading anything about it.
Well I havent read anything about Algol conjunct the Vertex too :) , and I know very little about fixed stars, I just thought that it would make sense, as Algol was a physical body as are the planets. I would think Algol would be doing something as its physical on top of the vertex, and what I know of the Vertex if anything is very near it flavours it, just like chocoloate, lol (the last bit was more for my enjoyment).

I read the 3rd post in this thread and I got the losing your head from you :p!

Kaiousei no Senshi

Premium Member
Well I havent read anything about Algol conjunct the Vertex too :) , and I know very little about fixed stars, I just thought that it would make sense, as Algol was a physical body as are the planets.

That's sort of true, the stars do have a body, but unlike planets, stars don't have "light", that being they can't cast or participate in any aspect besides the conjunction. This is something that the stars hold in common with the calculated points, so that's why I'm not sure if two things which don't have that aspectual "light" can influence one another. I suppose there's no good reason why they can't, as long as it's by conjunction. It just seems a little strange. Who knows though, they might very well interact with one another quite effectively.

Kerrie

Welll it would be interestig to see if Olaven fated relationship was in anyway Algol?

Ok getting back to Algol being placed on the Vertex. I thought the Vertex is similar to the Asc/Dec/MC/IC, and what was said in previous posts was that it does matter if Algol is placed on these angles.

I didnt think the Vertex was like a Part of Fortune as this is calculated by a combination of the angles and the planets.

But of course I am a beginner, and I favour the Vertex, its one of my favourties. Do tell me what you think?

Kaiousei no Senshi

Premium Member
I thought the Vertex is similar to the Asc/Dec/MC/IC, and what was said in previous posts was that it does matter if Algol is placed on these angles.

Not really. The angles have some real-life basis. Eastern horizon, highest point of the ecliptic, western horizon, lowest point of the ecliptic. There's nothing where the vertex is as far as I understand it.

I didnt think the Vertex was like a Part of Fortune as this is calculated by a combination of the angles and the planets.

It's not calculated in that way, but something similar. I'm not going to comment any more until I can get in touch with my Vertex consultant. She's told me several times what it is, but you know, I hardly pay attention. :D

wintersprite1

Premium Member
Kerrie said:
Ok getting back to Algol being placed on the Vertex. I thought the Vertex is similar to the Asc/Dec/MC/IC, and what was said in previous posts was that it does matter if Algol is placed on these angles.

The Vertex is not calculated with the use of any planets. The Vertex is the point that the Zodiac Ecliptic and the Prime Vertical (Zenith to Nadar) intersect. With it being a fairly new (relatively) found sensitive point very little is known about it, most is speculation.

Having a Fixed Star shining and burning that point I doubt will have much of an affect, seeing that it is a calculation... I think the time to watch the spot will be when transits, progressed planets, and Solar Arcs are conjunct or in opposition to the vertex and fixed Star. Both will effect the planet. Keep in mind other people are like walking transits... the Vertex can be activated by another person's nativity when dealing with them.

TK

Olaven

Hi again!
The Vertex is activated in progression(read it once) - but there were other things developing! North Node/Sedna in 17 Taurus(soul-mate drowned in an earlier life). Chiron/Saturn opposition across Natal Node! Wounding and scar. And Nessus to PreNatal Eclipse point. So the highlighted loosing of heads and hurting was very much part of it. AND there have never been any physical contact. But the vow(made in an earlier life) and contact is still resonating with us. But too many lies and deception is keeping things apart! Might as well!

Ol