Humor ... do you have any

chris10

With Capricorn Rising... not really unless I've opened up to the people around me.

The ascendant is just the facade people first notice upon meeting you. How about later? How would you describe your sense of humor with people you feel comfortable with?

tsmall

Premium Member
Sometimes dry, often sarcastic. And terribly irreverent. I laugh at things often at the most inappropriate times. I think a good sense of humor comes from being able to find the funny in everyday things, and to relate them back to the ironic or mundane. The secret to humor is surprise. If you can surprise a laugh out of someone, that's a true gift. Above all, you have to be able to laugh at yourself. Then again, I can tickle my own feet, so what do I know. :wink:

Mercury in Libra rx conjunct the asc.

chris10

Sometimes dry, often sarcastic. And terribly irreverent. I laugh at things often at the most inappropriate times. I think a good sense of humor comes from being able to find the funny in everyday things, and to relate them back to the ironic or mundane. The secret to humor is surprise. If you can surprise a laugh out of someone, that's a true gift. Above all, you have to be able to laugh at yourself. Then again, I can tickle my own feet, so what do I know. :wink:

Mercury in Libra rx conjunct the asc.

:joyful: Hi Tam.
Mercury is the prankster; merc being in libra you probably have a soft, gentle ''libran'' sense of humor.

So is it mercury we should be looking at?

AppLeo

The ascendant is just the facade people first notice upon meeting you. How about later? How would you describe your sense of humor with people you feel comfortable with?

Then I laugh at everything. I often make the jokes in a very sarcastic morbid way. I like humor that most people won't like :lol:

tsmall

Premium Member
:joyful: Hi Tam.
Mercury is the prankster; merc being in libra you probably have a soft, gentle ''libran'' sense of humor.

So is it mercury we should be looking at?

It actually is. Mecury rules higher thought (Moon gets primative) and humor is a function of higher thought.

Mercury squares Mars, is rx and combust, and conjunct Jupiter as well as the ASC. I find a lot funny, sometimes when I shouldn't, often when no one else gets it. But I crack myself up almost every day. :joyful:

!4C

No.
I was just wondering what signs/aspects/houses denote sense of humor.
That was sarcasm. :pouty:

Sun and mercury probably indicates the type of humor. Other planets, however, might affect the delivery and reception. Persona and past behaviors determine how people will interpret what we say and do.

AppLeo

Can you link me to your chart?

Yeah :3

mychartts.jpg

AppLeo

No.
I was just wondering what signs/aspects/houses denote sense of humor.

A lot of comedians have these placements for humor
-Moon-mercury aspect, usually square or opposition
-Capricorn moon or Sun
-Virgo Sun, Cancer Sun
-Gemini Moon
-Saturn aspects to Mercury
-Pluto aspects to Mercury
-Mercury in any of the Air signs
-Scorpio Ascendant

Last edited:

chris10

It actually is. Mecury rules higher thought (Moon gets primative) and humor is a function of higher thought.

Mercury squares Mars, is rx and combust, and conjunct Jupiter as well as the ASC. I find a lot funny, sometimes when I shouldn't, often when no one else gets it. But I crack myself up almost every day. :joyful:

Thanks Tam.
I started this thread because I wanted to find out what are the astrological components that trigger my need for fun. I am much more playful than the people around me... on a daily basis. I have saturn square ascendant which makes me very self aware but if I am around people I know and I let myself go, I am a clown. I guess then mercury is the culprit.

aquarius7000

Hi,

I can have a pretty (or actually not so pretty:p) sarcastic and sardonic kind of humour. I would attribute it to my Saturn-Moon mainly. I do have Uranus in the third, trine the ruler of the third and sextile Moon, and that Uranus can say things when least needed, just for the shock aspect, I guess :D I am not so sure yet if my rx Aquarian Mercury on the DC has much to do with it, too.

I think humour is one of best ways to get attention, which my Leo Asc. loves, as you can perhaps imagine. :D

I think I did a thread on humour somewhere on the Humour board many moons ago.

chris10

That was sarcasm. :pouty:

Sun and mercury probably indicates the type of humor. Other planets, however, might affect the delivery and reception. Persona and past behaviors determine how people will interpret what we say and do.

I know:wink: ... and I know that you know.
You also know I am very familiar with your sense of humor and
I looove it :love:

Abby83

How interesting!

So I have mercury in libra too and I find things that is can 'relate to' to be funny. Eg, Seinfeld. There are so many situations that happen in Seinfeld that I find relatable and hilarious. He points out things that are true, but in a funny way.

I cant stand stupid ugly in humor, eg the simpsons and family guy, and im guessing that this must be cos of the mercury in libra again. My husband has mercury in pisces so I wonder why he likes that kind of stupid humor. Like as in being dumb seems funny to them.

But I thought humor was to do with the sign sag? So wouldn't Jupiter rule humor?

AppLeo

How interesting!

So I have mercury in libra too and I find things that is can 'relate to' to be funny. Eg, Seinfeld. There are so many situations that happen in Seinfeld that I find relatable and hilarious. He points out things that are true, but in a funny way.

I cant stand stupid ugly in humor, eg the simpsons and family guy, and im guessing that this must be cos of the mercury in libra again. My husband has mercury in pisces so I wonder why he likes that kind of stupid humor. Like as in being dumb seems funny to them.

But I thought humor was to do with the sign sag? So wouldn't Jupiter rule humor?

Jupiter can rule humor I guess... Jupiter kind of over expresses a planet and when you're telling a joke you don't want to give it away or ruin the punch-line, which why I think Pluto and Saturn aspects do a good job with it.

I forgot to mention, that comedians often have Scorpio Rising as well... probably because Scorpio risings are good at sensing people and whether or not a joke will be funny to the person.

Besides, the opposite of Sagittarius is Gemini, and Gemini is ruled by Mercury, which is clearly the planet for giving and telling jokes... Jupiter is too spiritual and good for such silly things. JMO

chris10

A lot of comedians have these placements for humor
-Moon-mercury aspect, usually square or opposition
-Capricorn moon or Sun
-Virgo Sun, Cancer Sun
-Gemini Moon
-Saturn aspects to Mercury
-Pluto aspects to Mercury
-Mercury in any of the Air signs

You have leo mercury just like me :biggrin: I guess we are both clowns :biggrin:
(I'm a bigger one; my mercury opposes my jup)
I often make the jokes in a very sarcastic morbid way. I like humor that most people won't like
That must be the trine with saturn and the square with pluto :wink:

aquarius7000

Perhaps, and I am thinking out aloud now, just for the sake of info./research, 5th house planets could also have something to do with it, especially if the 5th house contains personal planets. For instance, I do like to be childish or child-like often. Now, that could have to do with my Leo Asc. partly, but also with my 5th house Moon and Mars (both being Cap in energy). It is a way of being creative, fun and lighthearted for me.