Would i make a good or bad writer?

Hello everyone :)
i haven't posted here for years now and have forgotten much of what i had learnt of astrology, so my apologies if I've posted this question in the wrong forum. i was just wondering if anyone would have a look at my chart and perhaps give me some insight on whether they think i would be a good creative writer or not? i am admittedly a very poor speller and have poor grammar (long editing process :p) but i'm more interested in knowing if i would be a good story teller! i'm currently writing a sci fi mystery romance; only on chapter 3 and have written a prologue but i find myself getting discourage frequently and mired in self doubt/criticism. i'm afraid the people i show my work to are unjustly optimistic in order to spare my feelings. i would show more of my friends but they are all quite busy with school or work. i may never finish this book but i will try not to let self doubt be the catalyst of such. either way i would be interested to hear what you have to say about my natal chart in regards to this question :) thanks for reading.

cheers!
latenight

Attachments

• astro chart_LI.jpg
    astro chart_LI.jpg
    333.6 KB · Views: 43

conspiracy theorist

I personally think that believing that you're not good enough is a useful mindset to have if you are to become proficient at something. Is this your first project? My suggestion is that you go full speed ahead regardless of your inner doubts. Even if it were to flop (not saying it will) you would learn a lot that you can incorporate into your next book.

Would you make a good writer? Writing seems to be a talent that this chart indicates. Your 3rd is very potent as it houses a dignified Moon in Cancer which rules the house, as well as the Moon itself being located in her joy. This symbology is very "pure" and would show one who has a high interest in all things 3rd house -- writing, publishing, communicating, travelling, and the like. The moon, being responsible for your right-brained/imaginative faculties will be a wellspring of creativity that you will be able to draw on when undertaking your writing.

You have 2 of the traditional planets of profession in powerful positions in the chart. This is Venus conjunct the MC and Mercury conjunct the DSC. Both are responsible for artistry for different reasons and having both operative makes for "poets" -- which stretches to all genres that have a strong imaginative component so fiction writers, song-writers, musicians and so forth. Mercury also rules the 2nd house so rightfully writing is something that you have open to you to make a living from, separate and apart from any passion you might have for it.

Mars is also a professional planet and is also in an operative place as it is in conjunction with an angle. Normally this Mars might not be in the nicest sign for it's nature but for you I'd say it is extremely fortunate for your aspirations. Why? This Mars is the dispositor of your Mercury, trines it (planets benefit when they are in aspect to their dispositors) AND is also located in the 3rd house (by whole sign). Another strong plus for writing.

It begs the question though, if there weren't indicators for writing ability within your chart, would you stop? I can't help but think that would be such a waste.

Thank you conspiracy theorist for your feedback ! it is very much appreciated :) This is my first book, i usually tend to write poetry. my inspiration for writing this was whenever i read another's book or watch a movie i often think "that's interesting and all but i would write it differently" i can find movies and novels quite predictable so i thought HEY, if i'm going to be so critical of others work i should put my money where my mouth is and write my own!

I've never really seen my mars as a beneficial aspect in my chart before so i was very pleased indeed to read your interpretation of it :) Its been a long time since I've turned to astrology for answers, so i'm quite rusty (honestly was never that good at it anyways :p) and have no idea for myself what benefits or detriments my chart might hold in regards to writing. i suppose if i were to find i had many negative qualities regarding writing prowess i would be upset but i don't think i would stop. do you think my Sun with Rahu (NN) could affect my writing negatively?

i do find myself stifled by lack of self confidence. Often when reading back my own work i am very dissatisfied with it and i feel like maybe i'm going to end up hating the finished product? i really should take your advice and go full speed ahead and learn for any mistake i make ! but sometimes i feel like just rewriting the whole thing from scratch and coming up with different character arch's and plot developments (still keeping the sci fi universe template I've created)

this novel means a lot to me and i want it to be bold and different (like myself ;) ) but i don't want to write something that people are going to laugh/cringe at. Thank you so much for taking the time to respond to my question ! i know i will finish this book for certain.

conspiracy theorist

If you have another set of ideas in mind, why not work on your second book simultaneously with your first? Although that could result in stretching yourself so thin that you don't get ANY of them finished.

Hmm, if self-confidence and not wanting to fail (or in your words being laughed/cringed at) is a major problem you might want to publish under a pseudonym. That still won't stop you from getting criticized if it doesn't hold up, but being able to whether the storm of scathing criticisms is something you might want to develop, especially because you want to push the boundaries and be different.

I wouldn't see your Sagittarius Sun/NN in the 8th as affecting your writing in a negative manner, in fact, that placement could also prove very useful for you in that the experiences that you garner as a result of it would make your writing have much more force and power behind it. Romance, mystery and sci-fi? Sun is in adventurous and boundary hoping Sagittarius in dark 8th house which rules the 5th house of flings and romance -- looks like your chart is intermingling quite nicely for your endeavour.

Last edited: