Mercury Retrograde Stories - Anyone?

Yesterday (My second day on the new job) I got in my car to leave for work and I had just enough time to get there and the battery was dead. Now, I have a car that is only a year old and it is a honda. Honda's have a reputation as reliable..still can't figure out why the battery was dead, nothing left on. The guy that put my battery in said sometimes the heat can cause them to die. (I live in Phoenix) So therefore I have only one real reason, to point my finger to why I was late to work---Mercury Retrograde, but I didn't give my boss that excuse. He would not understand.

And may i also add, I am a new member to this community and I am beginning my studies on astrology. I have not submitted alot of posts but I read a ton of them, and I want to thank everyone for there imput because I don't have a community around me where I can listen, learn and discuss my passion which is the universe and its devine capabilities. I get alot of enjoyment and understanding to all of your imput. Thanks!

archergirl

Ha! I love Mercury Rx stories!

I've had my driver's license for a very long time now, and have driven more miles and more cars than I care to count.

Two days ago, for the first time ever, I ran out of fuel. I recently bought a not-too-old Peugeot, and the fuel light has a tendency to come on when the fuel gauge still appears at about 1/2 a tank. So I drove on it for quite awhile, and it appeared I had 1/4 of a tank left.

I drove down the motorway to the supermarket, parked up, did my shopping, came back out, started up the car, and half-way out of the parking space, the car died.:rolleyes:

Luckily (I am a Sadge, after all:p ) the petrol station was only around the corner, but I had to go back into the store, buy a gas can, pay a lady who was putting gas in her car to fill up the can, walk back across the parking lot, fill up the tank, and then drive it around the corner to fill it up completely.:eek:

I think knowing that it's a Mercury shadow helps me keep my sense of humour about such things. It was kind of funny.

AG:)

universal

Here's a Mercury retrograde story that has yet to happen.
Mercury goes retrograde again this Wed. Sept 24.
The United States financial heads and the Congress are scrambling to attempt to put together a plan that will save the United States from financial armageddon. I've heard they're trying to get it done by next week and if it doesn't get done by Wednesday, look for it to eventually fall apart. Since Bernanke has an abundance of train wreck transits to his chart in mid-Dec., that would be prime time for the unravelling to manifest.

Update: The New York times posted a story Sat. Sept. 20 that said, "Democratic Congressional leaders have pledged to help approve legislation by the end of the week."
I think if they wait til the end, it'll be too late.

Last edited:

nejispirit

balefully said:
Hi all,

Mercury is going into its shadow period and about to go retrograde soon. As I'm currently seeking new employment and though I have read almost everywhere with astrologers warning us the Mercury Retrograde "guideline" on not to start NEW job or sign a contract during this phase, I have to force myself to ignore it as I reckon a job is still very much needed at this point of time. Instead of fearing or resisting it, I'll like to understand what are the possibilities and potentiality of things going a complete 180 degrees turn if you have to do what you are told not to do.

Personally, years ago, I have signed a contract with a NEW client during mercury retrograde, we almost ended up in small claim court. Ever since that experience, I have tried my very best to avoid doing the "wrong" things during MRx, but at this point of time now, a job is what I want most, I'll have to hope for the best among the possible worst.

If anyone of you have experience in starting a NEW job with a NEW contact, signed an employment contract with a NEW company during mercury retrograde, can you share your experience with me? Does it always turn out disappointing?

I believe the folks who frequent this site has in somewhy learned about astrology and is aware of the MRx influence, what about those who have never heard of MRx but have done all the NEW activities and events, are they less affected than us because they don't know how affected it possibly could be in advance?

How can we let this work for us instead of against us especially for those who are job hunting now?

Thanks for sharing,
bale

Well, because of low money I have no choice but hope that my friend's job will interview me soon and give me a chance- Mercury Retrograde or not; but, I have had a bad time in other areas of my life lately (those Libra planets are transiting my 2nd btw)- I had to get my car's transmission fixed and it cost over $300 and my laptop caught a nasty spyware. Lucky enough for me I am dating a computer tech and he fixed it up, but still.

:rolleyes: I just hope when Mercury *does* turn retrograde that bad things stop happening.

drake57

I have one with a happy ending. I interviewed with a firm I really wanted to get into, but didn't get the job and was disappointed of course. This was not during a retrograde. I had always heard not to interview during a mercury retrograde, but broke the rule when a few months later another opportunity with the same firm arose. I got the job and it worked out very well. I think that if the retrograde brings something back to you, then it's okay to get involved. That's one of the few instances where a mercury retrograde can work in your favor.

4leafclovah

Ha! I just lost my phone last night..go figure. :mad: total communication breakdown, i am going nuts!! I'm also having a hard time figuring out if anything is going to happen with me and a certain someone I just met. I'm so frustrated I just want to throw in the towel, but because of Mercury rx it makes me want to wait and see what happens. Anyone have any relationship stories to share?

Hey everyone,

I wanted to ask, do you think Mercury will affect ones clairvoyance?
I just started on my path as an animal communicator, and I have noticed as of a week ago, I am completely unable to connect with animals. I would get visions, but they are blurry. And I am completely unable to hear sounds or read their energy.

nejispirit

4leafclovah said:
Ha! I just lost my phone last night..go figure. :mad: total communication breakdown, i am going nuts!! I'm also having a hard time figuring out if anything is going to happen with me and a certain someone I just met. I'm so frustrated I just want to throw in the towel, but because of Mercury rx it makes me want to wait and see what happens. Anyone have any relationship stories to share?
Well, right now I'm dating someone and have been so for a bit over a month now- we are not "in a relationship" together, but are mutual exclusive in just dating each other; ever since this retrograde has started, it has been increasingly hard to talk to him (when we don't see each other, we talk on AIM but ever since it started, he hasn't gotten on as much) and he has been busier and busier.

Usually we see each other on the weekends but on this one he is too swapped with other things to see me; I also have begun to see in him that he is secretive in expressing sort of.. well, I won't say love things, but romantic things at times- he is a sweetie and affectionate, but at times he'll go back and forth between that and seeming distant.

Last edited:

RayAustin

nejispirit said:
Well, right now I'm dating someone and have been so for a bit over a month now- we are not "in a relationship" together, but are mutual exclusive in just dating each other; ever since this retrograde has started, it has been increasingly hard to talk to him (when we don't see each other, we talk on AIM but ever since it started, he hasn't gotten on as much) and he has been busier and busier.

Usually we see each other on the weekends but on this one he is too swapped with other things to see me; I also have begun to see in him that he is secretive in expressing sort of.. well, I won't say love things, but romantic things at times- he is a sweetie and affectionate, but at times he'll go back and forth between that and seeming distant.

Funny, I'm in the same situation, only I'm the one that goes back and forth from being affectionate or attentitive talking and distant.

nejispirit

ra_divinington said:
Funny, I'm in the same situation, only I'm the one that goes back and forth from being affectionate or attentitive talking and distant.

Haha, wow.

Makes me curious what house the retrograde is effecting for you :86:

It's going right over my mostly empty 2nd house, well I have my Juno there, but that's it.

RayAustin

nejispirit said:
Haha, wow.

Makes me curious what house the retrograde is effecting for you :86:

It's going right over my mostly empty 2nd house, well I have my Juno there, but that's it.

Well. Mercury is intercept ruler of the 7th for me natally, and 10th ruler, and its transiting the tenth a the moment.. Idk, I've just started to get into learning transits and their significance in relation to the natal chart.

nejispirit

ra_divinington said:
Well. Mercury is intercept ruler of the 7th for me natally, and 10th ruler, and its transiting the tenth a the moment.. Idk, I've just started to get into learning transits and their significance in relation to the natal chart.

I just started learning too, so don't feel bad ;)

Mercury retrograde in the Tenth house: This can bring reversals in public position, or long overdue acknowledgment or recognition. You may need to do some things neglected up to now before you can move forward. This position may indicate miscommunications in the professional sector, or delays and misunderstandings in the workplace. Take extra care about any important decisions to be made, as they will probably be subject to change, and try to sign no important contracts during this period. A great time to take care of old business or use temporary experimental approaches to be finally evaluated later. Also a great time to see how your parents affected your self-image and what type of public standing you
project.

<--- Taken from http://www.aquariuspapers.com/astrology/2005/11/how_does_mercur.html

RayAustin

nejispirit said:
I just started learning too, so don't feel bad ;)

Mercury retrograde in the Tenth house: This can bring reversals in public position, or long overdue acknowledgment or recognition. You may need to do some things neglected up to now before you can move forward. This position may indicate miscommunications in the professional sector, or delays and misunderstandings in the workplace. Take extra care about any important decisions to be made, as they will probably be subject to change, and try to sign no important contracts during this period. A great time to take care of old business or use temporary experimental approaches to be finally evaluated later. Also a great time to see how your parents affected your self-image and what type of public standing you
project.

<--- Taken from http://www.aquariuspapers.com/astrology/2005/11/how_does_mercur.html

Hm... well I am right now taking care of a 'public standing' issue with my old college, an incident happened 7 months ago and yesterday I had to have a conduct hearing to clear that up because my college account was suspended. It was a misunderstanding of sorts, so maybe that's what it is.. :p

So if it's a reversal... that would be a very positive thing actually!

Last edited:

nejispirit

ra_divinington said:
Hm... well I am right now taking care of a 'public standing' issue with my old college, an incident happened 7 months ago and yesterday I had to have a conduct hearing to clear that up because my college account was suspended. It was a misunderstanding of sorts, so maybe that's what it is.. :p
Hmm, yeah possibly.

For me, it's really is, even before I read my own personal interpretation of it, about questioning my personal values and such. It's a bit ironic how I am questioning about things in regards to anything romantic since my Juno is in that same house :rolleyes:

Ever since about yesterday, I have begun to question how casual things really are between us- or if they will ever become more than just dating. He has a Leo Juno while mine is obviously :libra: so, who knows. He also has a Cancer Venus while mine is Aries, :rotflmao:

Last edited:

RayAustin

nejispirit said:
Hmm, yeah possibly.

For me, it's really is, even before I read my own personal interpretation of it, about questioning my personal values and such. It's a bit ironic how I am questioning about things in regards to anything romantic since my Juno is in that same house :rolleyes:

Ever since about yesterday, I have begun to question how casual things really are between us- or if they will ever become more than just dating. He has a Cancer Juno while mine is obviously :libra: so, who knows. He also has a Cancer Venus while mine is Aries, :rotflmao:

Well you can always do a horary if you're seriously wondering. Just wondering, seems like you're placing importance on Juno in the matter, why is that?

nejispirit

ra_divinington said:
Well you can always do a horary if you're seriously wondering. Just wondering, seems like you're placing importance on Juno in the matter, why is that?

No, I only mentioned Juno because it's in my 2nd house- and because I wanted to compare his Juno sign to mine lol.

I really don't find it important in the matter, so no- it was just me trying to make it even, putting his signs since I had already put mine.

Nah, I don't like horary.

nejispirit

ra_divinington said:
My venus is in scorpio .. :O We both got our venuses in detriment.

Oh no, detriment :eek: <-- Haha

On this other site called tribe, where there are various astrology communities and other types of communities, there was one thing where they were talking about how they wanted a man with Venus in Scorpio.

tsquare

I own a cab, and sometimes to help out I still use it even with my other job.

I woke up this morning to my brother waking me up to a cop sitting in my garage. He had a car accident victim with him and asked if I'd give him a ride. I looked at my van and the back tire was flat. I said i'd try to fill it see what happened but yeah it's alright. Rural community, I have the only cab.

So he leaves, I give the cop my number, again....he writes it down, I thank him, he thanks me, he leaves.

Tire fills up fine and I drop the guy off a while later.
I get back to the house, and my brother is screaming mad, haha
He has been cleaning his car all day inside and out, for a date later.
He was filling up his back tire with air, and breaks the tire stem off the tire causing air to pour out and....he can't go.

Then....I sit on the internet later, looking at NEW CARS, older cars, classic cars, and seriously thinking about making a purchase.......
when it hits me...

It's been a very bizarre day.

All communication problems, car problems, accidents...and I'm looking at cars for sale???

http://astrology.about.com/od/MercuryRetrogradeNews/qt/Mercury-Retrograde-2012.htm
July 15th to August 8th, 2012

• Shadow: 1 Leo, June 27th
  • Retro Station: 12 Leo, July 15
  • Direct Station: 1 Leo, August 8th
  • Release: 12 Leo, August 22

Yeah...stupid right?
looking at two older cars from the late 60's and 70's.
I mean, we all know that things could go wrong.
How we handle that is up to us.....
Things have been messed up with communications since that shadow started...weird silly fights, dumb stuff...

...and I'm looking at a car?
Think I'll hold off on any purchases.
With that kind of visible luck out there, and the weird things going down....

Only positive thing I thought was....
I have been focused on vehicles that have fewer gizmos and gadgets.
FEWER things that CAN GO WRONG.

That might be mercury rx influenced as well.
I only just finished informing a friend the reason I want these vehicles is that they do not have extras. Their old classics.
At the most they have a cigarette lighter.

The pickup is an older pickup that doesn't even have electronic fuel injection. It's a classic old design, that I see as standing the test of time.
It might need minor work, I havn't looked at it, but their easier to work on when their is problems. New cars when they have problems that are electrical...you have to take them to someone who has a computer.

Someone also asked me the other day if I would sell an old car of mine that is in the backyard...this never happens...and I mentioned that it has electrical problems but I wouldn't think of selling it as of yet.

Maybe I should just to get rid of it, it doesn't run, its sat for years....
He knows that, we both know that, and I mentioned the problems.
It's not a runner. If he wants it, it's as is.
and...funny thought...uh..where's the title?

I've been attracted to older classic designs with track records for simple electrical wiring. Nothing fancy. Simple cars.

But with a mercury rx, astrology has done what it does best...
it has paralyzed me with light fear.

In looking over my interests in vehicles....
Classic low dollar deal vehicles with simple electronics that I can work on......(which is NOT the usual)...............I don't know....
Bad to go forward?
Good to go forward?

Maybe I do a few repairs and go over a few things with what I have for a car right now.
Theirs already a flat tire waiting for me.

They say BUY NOTHING electrical that is used for communication or travel during the rx....
but well......
THAT'S A LONG SHORT period of time.

I guess it's better off then finding out the hard way, and it can wait...

OH WOW AND I NEED my drivers license renewed!!!!!!!!