any good astrology books for vedic astrology?

chaitupicasso

I am completely new to astrology but i like it very much so i just want to know how to read astrology according to the chart.

for chart we had lot of good softwares and can you recommend me a good software and a good book so that i can learn reading the horoscope?

I first want to learn vedic astrology so any good books which can learn from the basics of reading the chart is ok for me.

I know telugu so if you know any good books from telugu also refer me alsong with english books so that i can learn a little bit.

Thank you

Moog

I just read Astrology of the Seers by David Frawley, which serves as a very good introduction to many of the central Jyotisha concepts and techniques.

Light on Life
by Hart Defouw and Robert Svoboda has a similar thrust, feels a bit dryer. I think I prefer the Frawley book, but both are good.

For software, I'm currently using Jagannatha Hora: http://www.vedicastrologer.org/jh/

And I just discovered Maitreya: http://www.saravali.de/maitreya.html

suhasg

For Chart as per Western Astrology, I recommend ZET9 Lite it is free and one of the best in free Astrology program.

For Vedic charts get the Jagannath Hora 7.51 this is again the best of the best in free Vedic Astrology software available as on today (in fact there is nothing that can come even closer to JH 7.51) but there are some concerns about its city (location) database (at least that bug was there in ver 7.2 around, hope the author has fixed this in the current version) that is getting lat long and time zone for a place, while using JH please check the lat-long –time zone given by JH with other web sources. Apart from this big rest everything is perfect.

I don’t know any Telgu books but there are tons of books in English from Indian authors.

B V Raman has written many books on the subject. Especially check his
How to Judge a Horoscope Part I and Part II

There is one nice introductory book:
A Course in Indian Astrology : Prof.N.Muthuswamy and Prof.K.P.Dharmaraja Iyer

I also recommend:

Predictive Astrology by D S Mathur

and also this one:

PRACTICAL VEDIC ASTROLOGY
(Fourth Revised and Enlarged Edition )
A COMPLETE SELF LEARNING TREATISE
by G.S. Agarwal.

Anyway, as you are starting on Vedic Astrology, I suggest you to put KP (Krishnamurthi Padhdhati) on your Radar, first get some basic understanding of Vedic Astrology (spend around 1 year for this) and then look no where else but dive into KP and then further to CIL - Cuspal Interlink System!

I am completely new to astrology but i like it very much so i just want to know how to read astrology according to the chart.

for chart we had lot of good softwares and can you recommend me a good software and a good book so that i can learn reading the horoscope?

I first want to learn vedic astrology so any good books which can learn from the basics of reading the chart is ok for me.

I know know teugu so if you know any good books from telugu also refer me alsong with english books so that i can learn a little bit.

Thank you

Last edited:

chaitupicasso

For Chart as per Western Astrology, I recommend ZET9 Lite it is free and one of the best in free Astrology program.

For Vedic charts get the Jagannath Hora 7.51 this is again the best of the best in free Vedic Astrology software available as on today (in fact there is nothing that can come even closer to JH 7.51) but there are some concerns about its city (location) database (at least that bug was there in ver 7.2 around, hope the author has fixed this in the current version) that is getting lat long and time zone for a place, while using JH please check the lat-long –time zone given by JH with other web sources. Apart from this big rest everything is perfect.

I don’t know any Telgu books but there are tons of books in English from Indian authors.

B V Raman has written many books on the subject. Especially check his
How to Judge a Horoscope Part I and Part II

There is one nice introductory book:
A Course in Indian Astrology : Prof.N.Muthuswamy and Prof.K.P.Dharmaraja Iyer

I also recommend:

Predictive Astrology by D S Mathur

and also this one:

PRACTICAL VEDIC ASTROLOGY
(Fourth Revised and Enlarged Edition )
A COMPLETE SELF LEARNING TREATISE
by G.S. Agarwal.

Anyway, as you are starting on Vedic Astrology, I suggest you to put KP (Krishnamurthi Padhdhati) on your Radar, first get some basic understanding of Vedic Astrology (spend around 1 year for this) and then look no where else but dive into KP and then further to CIL - Cuspal Interlink System!
Thank you:happy: