If you are an astrologer, do you believe in Free Will

How many of you believe that Humans have FreeWill?

• Yes Humans have total FREE WILL

Votes: 13 36.1%
  • Probably...Humans have FREE WILL more than 50% of the time

Votes: 7 19.4%
  • Maybe...Humans have Free Will less than 50% of the time

Votes: 4 11.1%
  • NO... Humans have no FREE WILL at all

Votes: 12 33.3%

• Total voters

waybread

I don't think determinism means we don't have choices. But what you choose was what you were meant to choose, because you chose it. If you had chosen something else, that would've also been what you were meant to choose. You can't be random; there will always be a reason you do what you do, and that reason has a reason itself, and so on.

Sorry, but this is a classic example of the fallacy of circular reasoning.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Circular_reasoning

http://www.nizkor.org/features/fallacies/begging-the-question.html

Can we also unpack what is behind the word "meant"? "Meant" by what or by whom? And with what evidence to back up the claim?

waybread

OK, but then this simply reinforces the circular reasoning problem. I think you've got to get "out of the box" to explain your views. Otherwise it is like saying, you were fated to do X because you were fated to do X.

So far as the question of life being meaningful vs. meaningless, I think my refrigerator magnet sums it up. "Life is not about finding yourself. Life is about creating yourself."

Up to a point.

poyi

Premium Member
OK, but then this simply reinforces the circular reasoning problem. I think you've got to get "out of the box" to explain your views. Otherwise it is like saying, you were fated to do X because you were fated to do X.

So far as the question of life being meaningful vs. meaningless, I think my refrigerator magnet sums it up. "Life is not about finding yourself. Life is about creating yourself."

Up to a point.

Yes Life is about finding your own value and place in this life and sharing yourself as honestly as generously with others.

Life is meant/fated to bring blessings to all the living beings, sharing life together on this earth. That is creating yourself, expanding your own internal resources to a level that is overflowing, to become abundance and share.

My best friend said to me. Never let your internal darkness and bitterness to take away your happiness and bliss.

One of the very spiritual nurses, she shared this with us few weeks ago at work:

An Old Cherokee Tale of Two Wolves

One evening an old Cherokee Indian told his grandson about a battle that goes on inside people. He said, ‘My son, the battle is between two ‘wolves’ inside us all.One is Evil. It is anger, envy, jealousy, sorrow, regret, greed, arrogance, self-pity, guilt, resentment, inferiority, lies, false pride, superiority, and ego.

The other is good. It is joy, peace, love, hope, serenity, humility, kindness, benevolence, empathy, generosity, truth, compassion and faith.’
The grandson thought about it for a minute and then asked his grandfather: ‘Which wolf wins?’

The old Cherokee simply replied, ‘The one you feed.’

This is such a lovely story: so simple and yet so true. I think each and every one of us has these two wolves running around inside us. The Evil wolf or the Good Wolf is fed daily by the choices we make with our thoughts. What you think about and dwell upon will in a sense appear in your life and influence your behavior.

We have a choice, feed the Good Wolf and it will show up in our character, habits and behavior positively. Or feed the Evil Wolf and our whole world will turn negative: like poison, this will slowly eat away at our soul.
The crucial question is “Which are you feeding today”?

E

eternalautumn

Up to a point.

You're right.

I wish we could just look into each other's head. Ugh.

Last edited:

Cypocryphy

Dear Cypocryphy,

Thank you for being so considerate (very sweet).

First, Mandy, I want to tell you that my heart goes out to you for having to experience such horrific and vile human travesties. I wish you never had to go through those experiences. :sad:

Broadly, in respect of your philosophical arguments about santient beings, they rely on certain philosophical axioms. A philosophy student can argue with me on the basis of error in logic. But I refute the axioms. Do an astrologer's predictions leave an error gap owing to free will or do they leave an error gap owing to the fact that humans are severely constrained by perceptual limitations?

:whistling:

I am a scientist by trade, a postgraduate student and researcher (assistant to professor) at one of the world's prestigious universities. My peers (professors/postgrads) think it is highly amusing that I "believe" in astrology, magic, tarot, a universal God, etc. When I ask them why, they say "Because it is a scientific impossibility!" I cringe at such ignorance, particularly as it comes from a scientist. However, I use the example here, amongst astrologers, to demonstrate that even people who might be considered at the cutting edge of "knowledge" and win awards for their contributions to science are really no more or less jaded in believing that their view is irrefutably correct. Their view is irrefutably messed up. Scientists are really just trying to understand our condition and they have not got very far, at all.

I'm not fond of closed minds either. And just to let you know, I am not coming from a position that says astrology is ineffective or has no merit. I wouldn't be a member here if I did.

What I know (not believe) is that that humans are clueless. We do not know what is going on in space. We do now know what is going on a km below the earth's own crust.

I think you are selling the human race a little short there, but you are free to think and do what you wish. That is your "choice." :wink:

We do not know what is going on in our brain/how the brain works. We do not even know how the hell we are conscious. And we are paradoxically limited in studying consciousness with consciousness. Even when we try to be objective we are limited severely by what technology has to offer.

I think you need to stop focussing on limitations and start realizing how little boundaries there are.

When we do not know somethng about the human condition it is easy and tempting to ascribe that to "free will" or "fairies."

This is why I categorized your belief as deterministic because it virtually is deterministic. You equate freewill with fairies, perhaps the tooth fairy, even. :smile: And placing a 5 percent value on freewill and 95 percent on determinism seems to me to be a woman hedging her bets, as if she's not quite certain what she believes but wants to play it safe unless she's wrong.

But objectively there is no shame in admitting we do not know. Not knowing something is not the same as knowing (i.e., that we have free will). You can believe in what you like, more power to you. I dont believe in something for no reason.

I understand. I never thought you go around believing in things willy nilly.

Stoic people who have experienced trauma are not a separate class of people who skew the results of the bell curve. They fit neatly into the bell curve, because they have had the opportunuty to experience a lot more of life. If life is a constant, an axiom, then it is an eror, in my eyes, to think that the laws which apply to one person do not apply to the next, however different their situations. The simple bell curve illustrates this.

I'm not sure what you are saying here. It seems as if you are responding to something never discussed.

What you have said there is over the top rediculous :happy:. If a person has undergone a deviational occurence, lets say a threat to their life, how are they supposed to go back and change it? Do you know something I dont? A time machine perhaps? Or are you of the persuasion like many "counselors" and hypnotherapists out there 'that one cannot change the situation but should change how they view it to a way that is more comfortable.' I dont need to put my head in the sand in order to deal with reality.

No no. I think you misunderstand what I said.

It is what it is, sometimes, hard to grasp, just like many other things, but that is all that needs to be done. Thinking that I can go back and save people or take responsibility for a past event that was out of my hands, factually, or aim to forget all about it, is percisely the wrong thing to do and drives people into madness. I am yet to see someone who takes responsibility for something they have not done appear healthy. Similarly, a rapist who takes responsibility for his actions is not necessarily healthy.

I never said that.

I did not "alleviate" my torture by ascribing my experience to determinism. Neither do I view myself or have ever viewed myself as a victim of anything. That is your judgement. It is thoroughly subjective. And your generalisation is clearly based on unfounded opinion.

Actually, it's not. Stoicism is a belief similar to religion. Much like how people view God as determining their fate, astrological stoics (not all) tend to ascribe the same power to the stars as do religious fundamentalist ascribe "power of influence" to their "God." Just as a fundamentalist Christian would lay the cause of their plight to the will of God, so too do astrological stoics lay the cause of their plights to those reflected by the formations and patterns of the stars and planets. There is a tremendous amount of psychological literature and research in this area. It is very well documented. And I have read a lot of it, but for other reasons, which have nothing to do with astrology.

I alleviated it because I accepted it. Did any person in the war with a gun kill out of his own free will? No. He was completely and utterly influenced by circumstance. I saw boys and men who before the war were the nicest of neighbours and husbands become killers, all in the space of a year. They suffer with guilt now percisely because they feel a personal responsibility over something they were forced to do. They could have said 'no' but they would have died and left their wife and children without food.

Sure. That is a good example. Conscription does force people to do many things they would never intend on doing. And that is precisely why I said there is not 100 percent self-determinism. It is circumscribed by life conditions and the choices others make, which affect us significantly. But either way you look at it, a choice is being made by someone, whether it's a human or a government.

Anyway, I'm not going to go on about it. But I just want to let you know that my statements were not about judging you. And ironically, you actually supported my previous statement. I really had no knowledge that you have had such harrowing experiences. And I should have not used the word "victim." I simply meant that you were acted upon by external forces.

You said:
I alleviated it because I accepted it.

I said: The solution is determinism. By embracing such a black and white view, it simplifies life for them, places it in a context that is palatable, removing their own responsibility over their situation or making said situation more acceptable.

You put the wrong emPHASis on the wrong phrase. You fit that theory very well.

Last edited:

Cypocryphy

Maybe. I don't not believe in "meaning", just that there's not some deeper meaning to existence. It just is.

You're still young, dude. You're going to find meaning. When you fall in love, that alone will give you meaning. Life is full of meaning. Meaning is a continual expression of the very essence of being. What's more meaningful than that? :happy:

E

eternalautumn

You're still young, dude. You're going to find meaning. When you fall in love, that alone will give you meaning. Life is full of meaning. Meaning is a continual expression of the very essence of being. What's more meaningful than that? :happy:

I agree with you. But I believe those meanings, the ones we can find and experience, aren't transcendent. They might transcend ordinary experience, but they don't transcend reality.

JUPITERASC

Maybe. I don't not believe in "meaning", just that there's not some deeper meaning to existence. It just is.

Meaninglessness in several languages as described in the Bible :smile:

- Bible is in the public domain

Latin: Biblia Sacra Vulgata
vanitas vanitatum dixit Ecclesiastes vanitas vanitatum omnia vanitas

"Vanity of vanities," says the Preacher, "Vanity of vanities! All is vanity."

GOD'S WORD® Translation (©1995)
"Absolutely pointless!" says the spokesman. "Absolutely pointless! Everything is pointless."

Ecclesiastes 1:2 Greek OT: Septuagint with Diacritics
ματαιότης ματαιοτήτων εἶπεν ὁ ἐκκλησιαστής ματαιότης ματαιοτήτων τὰ πάντα ματαιότης

קהלת 1:2 Hebrew OT: BHS (Consonants & Vowels)
הֲבֵל הֲבָלִים אָמַר קֹהֶלֶת הֲבֵל הֲבָלִים הַכֹּל הָבֶל׃

Eclesiastés 1:2 Spanish: La Biblia de las Américas (©1997)
Vanidad de vanidades, dice el Predicador, vanidad de vanidades, todo es vanidad.

Prediger 1:2 German: Luther (1912)
Es ist alles ganz eitel, sprach der Prediger, es ist alles ganz eitel.

Ecclésiaste 1:2 French: Louis Segond (1910)
Vanité des vanités, dit l'Ecclésiaste, vanité des vanités, tout est vanité.

傳 道 書 1:2 Chinese Bible: Union (Simplified)
传 道 者 说 : 虚 空 的 虚 空 , 虚 空 的 虚 空 , 凡 事 都 是 虚 空 。

Predikuesi 1:2 Albanian
Kotësi e kotësive, thotë Predikuesi;

Еклесиаст 1:2 Bulgarian
Суета на суетите, казва проповедникът; Суета на суетите, всичко е суета.
Ecclesiastes 1:2 Croatian Bible
Ispraznost nad ispraznošću, veli Propovjednik, ispraznost nad ispraznošću, sve je ispraznost!

Kazatel 1:2 Czech BKR
Marnost nad marnostmi, řekl kazatel, marnost nad marnostmi, a všecko marnost.

Prædikeren 1:2 Danish
Endeløs Tomhed, sagde Prædikeren, endeløs Tomhed, alt er Tomhed!

Prediker 1:2 Dutch Staten Vertaling
Ijdelheid der ijdelheden, zegt de prediker; ijdelheid der ijdelheden, het is al ijdelheid.

Prédikátor 1:2 Hungarian: Karoli
Felette nagy hiábavalóság, azt mondja a prédikátor; felette nagy hiábavalóság! Minden hiábavalóság!

La predikanto 1:2 Esperanto
Vantajxo de vantajxoj, diris la Predikanto; vantajxo de vantajxoj, cxio estas vantajxo.

SAARNAAJA 1:2 Finnish: Bible (1776)
Turhuuksien turhuus, sanoi saarnaaja, turhuuksien turhuus; kaikki on turhuutta!

SAARNAAJA 1:2 Finnish: Pyhä Raamattu (1933/1938)

Ecclesiastes 1:2 Greek OT: Septuagint
ματαιοτης ματαιοτητων ειπεν ο εκκλησιαστης ματαιοτης ματαιοτητων τα παντα ματαιοτης

Ecclesiastes 1:2 Greek OT: Septuagint - Transliterated
mataiotēs mataiotētōn eipen o ekklēsiastēs mataiotēs mataiotētōn ta panta mataiotēs
mataiotEs mataiotEtOn eipen o ekklEsiastEs mataiotEs mataiotEtOn ta panta mataiotEs

Eklezyas - Liv Filozòf la 1:2 Haitian Creole Bible
Nan lavi a anyen pa vo anyen. Se sa filozòf la di. Non, anyen pa vo anyen nan lavi a. Tout bagay gen pou pase.

ﺍﻟﺠﺎﻣﻌﺔ 1:2 Arabic: Smith & Van Dyke
باطل الاباطيل قال الجامعة. باطل الاباطيل الكل باطل.

קהלת 1:2 Hebrew OT: BHS (Consonants Only)

Marinka

From the other side if this argument, this is not circular reasoning as there is a fact -- it's just on a future event.

With predictive astrology, which I assume that you do not believe in since you appear to be a Christian (not a slight, just an observance), I can predict that a person will move in the year 2014 to a foreign country and may even be able to identify that it is Europe. From my side of the fence, that is a fact based on predictive astrology. Since you are on the other side of the argument, you may decide that is not a fact and that is fine -- that is really what this question about free will is all about.

Moving along on the free will part, is it really free will if this same person (that I see moving to Europe in the next year) is facing a decision today living in the USA on whether to take a job on a foreign country. It may not be that particular job but, it will be a job in Europe eventually (unless they don't need to work). Or maybe the person will move there first or meet someone here from Europe and go back with them. By looking at the current activities, it is possible to see how the pieces fit together to create the domino effect that becomes our path in life.

My failing as an astrology is that I may not see all the pieces to fit them in correctly or I may not look far enough ahead to see the turning points in one's life and then fit the pieces in correctly to get to that point. After all, it takes much time and care to do this properly.

At this point in your life, you are where you are meant to be. Take a journey back and pull your memories up and see if you can find the decision points in your life that put you here and you'll realize that there was probably never a question as to what your final decision would be as you look back in hindsight. That is what put you where you are today, decisions that seemed to be decisions made of free will but, were really destined as a result of the person that you are.

You are free to use circular reasoning as an argument but, from my side of the fence you are in effect (IMHO) using circular reasoning by indirectly stating that future events cannot be foretold and as a result, current events cannot be a result of the future event.

What a tangled web we weave ... but, it's a great discussion ...

poyi

Premium Member

Meaninglessness in several languages as described in the Bible :smile:

- Bible is in the public domain

Latin: Biblia Sacra Vulgata
vanitas vanitatum dixit Ecclesiastes vanitas vanitatum omnia vanitas

"Vanity of vanities," says the Preacher, "Vanity of vanities! All is vanity."

GOD'S WORD® Translation (©1995)
"Absolutely pointless!" says the spokesman. "Absolutely pointless! Everything is pointless."

Ecclesiastes 1:2 Greek OT: Septuagint with Diacritics
ματαιότης ματαιοτήτων εἶπεν ὁ ἐκκλησιαστής ματαιότης ματαιοτήτων τὰ πάντα ματαιότης

קהלת 1:2 Hebrew OT: BHS (Consonants & Vowels)
הֲבֵל הֲבָלִים אָמַר קֹהֶלֶת הֲבֵל הֲבָלִים הַכֹּל הָבֶל׃

Eclesiastés 1:2 Spanish: La Biblia de las Américas (©1997)
Vanidad de vanidades, dice el Predicador, vanidad de vanidades, todo es vanidad.

Prediger 1:2 German: Luther (1912)
Es ist alles ganz eitel, sprach der Prediger, es ist alles ganz eitel.

Ecclésiaste 1:2 French: Louis Segond (1910)
Vanité des vanités, dit l'Ecclésiaste, vanité des vanités, tout est vanité.

傳 道 書 1:2 Chinese Bible: Union (Simplified)
传 道 者 说 : 虚 空 的 虚 空 , 虚 空 的 虚 空 , 凡 事 都 是 虚 空 。

Predikuesi 1:2 Albanian
Kotësi e kotësive, thotë Predikuesi;

Еклесиаст 1:2 Bulgarian
Суета на суетите, казва проповедникът; Суета на суетите, всичко е суета.
Ecclesiastes 1:2 Croatian Bible
Ispraznost nad ispraznošću, veli Propovjednik, ispraznost nad ispraznošću, sve je ispraznost!

Kazatel 1:2 Czech BKR
Marnost nad marnostmi, řekl kazatel, marnost nad marnostmi, a všecko marnost.

Prædikeren 1:2 Danish
Endeløs Tomhed, sagde Prædikeren, endeløs Tomhed, alt er Tomhed!

Prediker 1:2 Dutch Staten Vertaling
Ijdelheid der ijdelheden, zegt de prediker; ijdelheid der ijdelheden, het is al ijdelheid.

Prédikátor 1:2 Hungarian: Karoli
Felette nagy hiábavalóság, azt mondja a prédikátor; felette nagy hiábavalóság! Minden hiábavalóság!

La predikanto 1:2 Esperanto
Vantajxo de vantajxoj, diris la Predikanto; vantajxo de vantajxoj, cxio estas vantajxo.

SAARNAAJA 1:2 Finnish: Bible (1776)

SAARNAAJA 1:2 Finnish: Pyhä Raamattu (1933/1938)

Ecclesiastes 1:2 Greek OT: Septuagint
ματαιοτης ματαιοτητων ειπεν ο εκκλησιαστης ματαιοτης ματαιοτητων τα παντα ματαιοτης

Ecclesiastes 1:2 Greek OT: Septuagint - Transliterated
mataiotēs mataiotētōn eipen o ekklēsiastēs mataiotēs mataiotētōn ta panta mataiotēs
mataiotEs mataiotEtOn eipen o ekklEsiastEs mataiotEs mataiotEtOn ta panta mataiotEs

Eklezyas - Liv Filozòf la 1:2 Haitian Creole Bible
Nan lavi a anyen pa vo anyen. Se sa filozòf la di. Non, anyen pa vo anyen nan lavi a. Tout bagay gen pou pase.

ﺍﻟﺠﺎﻣﻌﺔ 1:2 Arabic: Smith & Van Dyke
باطل الاباطيل قال الجامعة. باطل الاباطيل الكل باطل.

קהלת 1:2 Hebrew OT: BHS (Consonants Only)

Very Very well done for JupiterAsc to find this in so many versions in different languages. This is the best book in the Bible to me. All the wisdoms and answers, to me is written there. Even the New Testaments took 500 years for the recent church (last 2000 years+) to select which books to be part of the New Testaments. Obviously the church the human built, made and maintained is not the Church. They are the churches of men.

I don't have the facts and historical evidences here to defence myself against different nember's personal view to support that the God in Bible is the One. I can only say I follow my conscience the hidden most powerful force in my heart to stay believe which is yes my Jupiter in the chart that the God, Bible had described is the most possible one. He is both light and darkness, the original blueprint of us, the One Himself used his free will to create us.

poyi

Premium Member
From the other side if this argument, this is not circular reasoning as there is a fact -- it's just on a future event.

With predictive astrology, which I assume that you do not believe in since you appear to be a Christian (not a slight, just an observance), I can predict that a person will move in the year 2014 to a foreign country and may even be able to identify that it is Europe. From my side of the fence, that is a fact based on predictive astrology. Since you are on the other side of the argument, you may decide that is not a fact and that is fine -- that is really what this question about free will is all about.

Moving along on the free will part, is it really free will if this same person (that I see moving to Europe in the next year) is facing a decision today living in the USA on whether to take a job on a foreign country. It may not be that particular job but, it will be a job in Europe eventually (unless they don't need to work). Or maybe the person will move there first or meet someone here from Europe and go back with them. By looking at the current activities, it is possible to see how the pieces fit together to create the domino effect that becomes our path in life.

My failing as an astrology is that I may not see all the pieces to fit them in correctly or I may not look far enough ahead to see the turning points in one's life and then fit the pieces in correctly to get to that point. After all, it takes much time and care to do this properly.

At this point in your life, you are where you are meant to be. Take a journey back and pull your memories up and see if you can find the decision points in your life that put you here and you'll realize that there was probably never a question as to what your final decision would be as you look back in hindsight. That is what put you where you are today, decisions that seemed to be decisions made of free will but, were really destined as a result of the person that you are.

You are free to use circular reasoning as an argument but, from my side of the fence you are in effect (IMHO) using circular reasoning by indirectly stating that future events cannot be foretold and as a result, current events cannot be a result of the future event.

What a tangled web we weave ... but, it's a great discussion ...

I had unusual dream when I was little. From memory, I was talking to a man on a throne, he looked like what we would call the God in heaven. I was very young at the time and was never yet had any idea of Christianity. I was always studied in Buddhism based primary school at the time. To cut the story short, in the dream I stood in front of him, and he asked me, "What do you want to be in this life?" , I gave him my answer (I won't mention here as not relevant).

My point is rather that dream was real or not. There is a possibility of incarnation and possibly that we got to choose our path of life based on our free will. When a spirit entered into the physical body under the combinations of the planetary energy then that is the beginning of us entered into the physical world that is fated and can be predicted.

I thought it will be interesting to mention this dream. I can't force people to believe the existence of spirit nor incrantion either. But I experienced myself for a length of time the dimension of different reality. All I could do is to pass on this message and up to you how you interpret and what to believe in. Perhaps each of us has different paths on finding this out in our own time and in our own unique way. Maybe even that is not possible to be shared but can only be acknowledged through your own enlightenment.

Marinka

I had unusual dream when I was little. From memory, I was talking to a man on a throne, he looked like what we would call the God in heaven. I was very young at the time and was never yet had any idea of Christianity. I was always studied in Buddhism based primary school at the time. To cut the story short, in the dream I stood in front of him, and he asked me, "What do you want to be in this life?" , I gave him my answer (I won't mention here as not relevant).

My point is rather that dream was real or not. There is a possibility of incarnation and possibly that we got to choose our path of life based on our free will. When a spirit entered into the physical body under the combinations of the planetary energy then that is the beginning of us entered into the physical world that is fated and can be predicted.

I thought it will be interesting to mention this dream. I can't force people to believe the existence of spirit nor incrantion either. But I experienced myself for a length of time the dimension of different reality. All I could do is to pass on this message and up to you how you interpret and what to believe in. Perhaps each of us has different paths on finding this out in our own time and in our own unique way. Maybe even that is not possible to be shared but can only be acknowledged through your own enlightenment.

Yes I do remember my many readings on how an individual can pick a life and at the time of picking - sees the entire life unfold. I'm not sure that I can see an individual maintaining his/her "oneness" though and that is what these ideas are based on. My thoughts are more along the lines that once we pass, we become energy and become part of a greater energy ... similar to a stream merging into a river and then the river merging into the ocean. We loose what makes us "us".

This energy could then be reunited into a body at a birth, but the energy has no "intactness" (for lack of a better word) with a previous life - no memories, or if there are memories, it would be of many lives since the energies of so many are in the "ocean" and co-mingled.

poyi

Premium Member
Yes I do remember my many readings on how an individual can pick a life and at the time of picking - sees the entire life unfold. I'm not sure that I can see an individual maintaining his/her "oneness" though and that is what these ideas are based on. My thoughts are more along the lines that once we pass, we become energy and become part of a greater energy ... similar to a stream merging into a river and then the river merging into the ocean. We loose what makes us "us".

This energy could then be reunited into a body at a birth, but the energy has no "intactness" (for lack of a better word) with a previous life - no memories, or if there are memories, it would be of many lives since the energies of so many are in the "ocean" and co-mingled.

Thank you for sharing and telling me there is possibly. Yes we are just a drop of water of many rain drops, streams, rivers, lakes, fountains and in the oceans.

The idea of Oneness is achievable once we passed the trails, then we will be allowed to reunion with the origin source. That's the final door to 12th house when there is no longer "Me" but "Us".

In Chinese culture, a spirit will need to drink a potion before crossing the bridge of the dead to the living world to enter the next life. It is a most forbidden knowledge not to know by the livings. Almost like a standard controlled scientific experiment. But the potion is only working like sedation of the spirit, like any surgical operation some people do wake up in the middle of the sedation.

Yep that would be one hopeful possibility when both free way and no free will co-existing.

Last edited:

Marinka

Thank you for sharing and telling me there is possibly. Yes we are just a drop of water of many rain drops, streams, rivers, lakes, fountains and in the oceans.

The idea of Oneness is achievable once we passed the trails, then we will be allowed to reunion with the origin source. That's the final door to 12th house when there is no longer "Me" but "Us".

In Chinese culture, a spirit will need to drink a potion before crossing the bridge of the dead to the living world to enter the next life. It is a most forbidden knowledge not to know by the livings. Almost like a standard controlled scientific experiment. But the potion is only working like sedation of the spirit, like any surgical operation some people do wake up in the middle of the sedation.

Yep that would be one hopeful possibility when both free way and no free will co-existing.

I think you may be seeing some of what I perceive .... when people achieve enlightenment or their spiritual awakening ... it is a feeling of being part of the whole, NOT being separate from it. It is the ONENESS as you said.

nasrudin

Please respond to the poll if you believe in Free Will. One of the members has made it clear that s/he does not believe in Free Will at all. S/he implied that there were lots of people in his camp.

I was just wondering how many of us here are in "his/her camp" of not believing in FREE WILL.

is it possible for an astrologer to believe in free will؟

poyi

Premium Member
I think you may be seeing some of what I perceive .... when people achieve enlightenment or their spiritual awakening ... it is a feeling of being part of the whole, NOT being separate from it. It is the ONENESS as you said.

That is the idea and structure of the astrological wheel of life. 12th house is the final door of the soul's experience.

Rather one believing in karma or past live, one can't deny the meaning of 12th house, cadent houses, as much negativity it might also be meaning still a part of the houses of learning and growth.

While my natal sun is placed in the 3rd house in Scorpio, ruler of the Leo cusp of 12th house. Yer it is the essence of my Sun, my goal is to learn and hopefully transcendence in time.

"Time" by The Alan Parsons Project
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IZteVdxtky4

kimbermoon

I do believe that we are able to use our own free will, yet I also believe in the
concept of predetermination. Personally I believe that free will is a part of our existence, yet so is destiny. If we did not have free will, then why would we make personal decisions and choices that seem to go wrong at times...if it were all predestined, why would the Higher Self fail to intervene in our personal choices? Through our chart we are given a general overview of our mission and purpose in life, but we are also shown the challenges we are meant to overcome in terms of soul growth, and these will be determined by our own actions. In my view, the Nodes relate to our individual destiny, while the Sun represents our free will.
Sun in Cancer: my will is dominated by emotions, having been imprinted with the need to nurture, support and protect those within my family...I was strong in trying to keep the family blended together, yet it eventually turned into a situation more like being in bondage [due to my South Node also in Cancer]; the challenge was about eventually standing on my own and releasing myself from experiencing the obligations toward family members, which they insisted that I do. I had to learn detach myself from them, emotionally, and it was not so easy to do. Gradually I learned that it was up to me to make that break though, and as such it was my own determination to do so;still it was in keeping with my predetermined agenda. I personally chose to do that...now if it had been fate that caused the estrangements, one would expect to suffer the losses through death or accident, etc...some unplanned intervention, but that was not the case for me. It is important to remember that fate does not always have to be negative in nature...I have experienced a number of situations in my life that can only be called divine interventions, which served to help me through difficult circumstances when I was uncertain as to what might be the right thing to do.