Favorites/Least favorite signs

Frank

But the bottom line is, there are some traits that are a common denominator to every sun sign, and they are repeated over and over again, by people in all walks of life, because they are tried and true. There will be exceptions to the norm, but there is a norm. The sun is the biggest part of the solar system, and in general, if you want to know about somebody astrologically, it starts with their sun sign and goes from there.

Is there any statistical study or proof to back up these assertions? I'm very interested in seeing them if they are available.

Thanks,

Frank

[changed case in quote - Moderator]

Last edited by a moderator:

gaer

However, one's sun sign is the dominant sign among all of them, so when one makes a generalization, it's like the weather forecast saying there's an 80% chance of rain, or a slight chance of rain. Astrology is used to forecast planetary conditions, so say if you have a Leo, there's a strong chance they have a healthy-size ego and like attention. It's not written in stone, it's just a strong chance. What makes things complicated is you can have any number of planets aspecting that Leo sun that makes every single Leo different from the next. But what all Leo's do have in common is more than a slight chance of having leadership ability, confidence etc.
What you are summing up has to do with the assumptions of Sun sign astrology. That says that the Sun is most important.

Others believe that that the Moon is just as strong as the Sun in the average chart. I do. As has been stated elsewhere, the dominant importance of the Sun in interpretation is a relatively new thing. :)

divine g

Banned
Ok all, how about I use a real life example such as myself? The first time I read about my Sun-sign Gemini was my first taste of astrology. It just so happened to be spot on with me, and from then on, I read up on Gemini whenever I could, and it really helped me understand myself, and my gifts in life(some of them being very intellectual, articulate, and logical). Of course there are other sides to me, but if it wasn't for the accuracy of how astrology books defined the Sun signs of myself and people I knew, I would have never continued studying it.

Do you think anybody would continue to study astrology if they read about their Sun sign for the first time and it was TOTALLY inaccurate? Seriously, think about that.

Last edited:

piscesascendant

And my first dose of astrology was when I had my chart done as a whole, not just my sun sign. I was able to find out from the professional astrologer what planets were more dominant than others. I found out--according to the entire chart--what made me tick, not just my sun sign.

Hybrid_soul

SUN IN SAGITTARIUS ARIES MOON LEO RISING.

FAVES:
Sagittarius
Leo
Gemini
some virgo's
aquarius
Libra
Capricorn
Cancer
hated:
Taurus
Some scorpios
some pisces(especially with the moon in cancer they get highly offended and moody)

waybread

Folks, I think there are at least three different discussions going on here.

1. Some pop sun-sign astrology, much of it written as a parody.
2. Attempts for a more serious astrology discussion, based on a range of factors
3. A late-breaking debate about the significance of the sun in the horoscope.

Since this thread started out as #1, might I suggest that people keep this one "lite" and then start new threads that focus more seriously on #2 or #3?

Just a suggestion, and hopefully a way to minimize arguing "apples and oranges."

lilllybelle

Lillybelle,
I found it interesting that your opinions with signs change over time..perhaps your sun has progressed into a new sign?
That's a possibility. I hadn't thought of it, but it could be valid. I think I need certain energy types in my life as I go through different phases. What I appreciate, need and what I am willing to tolerate have changed over the years. For example, I had a good friend for many years that was a leo. I got about two sentences in for every hour of conversation. After a certain age, I decided I wanted to talk too. I needed my leo friend to be willing to share the limelight. He wasn't willing, and I quit associating with him.

i would love to tell somebody *They don't always conform to modern standards of hygiene.* lol..wow..brutal

LOL, yeah, I liked that one too. Whoever wrote that one needs to get a copyright on it. I'd love to repeat that to someone with a serious look on my face.

Last edited:

divine g

Banned
Ok, so I'll finally answer the question..

Least Favorite Signs
Taurus women- For one reason or another, every single Taurus woman I speak to takes ages to respond to their messages on myspace. At one point, 3 different Taurus girls in a row approached me, flirting agressively, then told me they were with somebody. One actually said, "oh, did I mention I have a fiance?" Now when I find out a girl is a Taurus, I know its a bad sign. Oh, just remembered, the last Taurus girl I was with is totally out of her mind, a psycho, jealous possessive stalker! I should have made that u-turn from the beginning. (Dont know any Taurus guys so...)

Virgo males-3 in a row disrespected me to the point where I literally have nothing but hatred for them.
Virgo women-Conversations always reach a dead end, very quickly. But im Gemini so..go figure

Pisces- We tend to have a lot of misunderstandings and miscommunications, I usually give up, it's pointless even trying. Again, must be the Gemini sun thing..

Favorite signs..Sage, Libra females(my mom), Gemini males,

I tend to have minor issues with Aries males, Cancer males, and a big issue with an Aquarius, and alot of girls who are air signs, it's like talking to air..

*Scorpio women
-Had 2 relationships in a row. The first I hate to this day, the 2nd I love to this day, so it's a draw:)

If I mentioned a sign, it's because they weren't isolated incidents. I mean if 3 people in a row, of the same Sun sign do the same thing to get your goat, you should take it as a "sign" (pun intended).

Last edited:

GreenMist

Banned
I am sun Pisces, moon leo and Taurus rising.

Favourite::annoyed:

None

Tolerated:bandit:

Taurus
Some cancers
Some scorpios

Hated:surprised: (<--- kind of looks like Hitler)

The rest of you! clear off!!

Last edited:

neko senshi

Me: Sun in Libra, Moon in Taurus

Favorites:
Aries- dynamic and enthusiastic
Gemini- nice and airy
Virgo- down to earth
Libra- considerate of others

Okay:
Cancer- sometimes not as sweet as portrayed?
Leo- the women are cool, the men aren't
Sagittarius- kinda bossy but okay
Aquarius- interesting at least?
Pisces- can be cool, can be lame

Worst:
Taurus: control freaks
Scorpio: tempermental tyrants
Capricorn: talk about negative

These are just generalities of course. There are exceptions to every rule. I do know one Libra whom I can't stand who isn't nice at all, for instance. But she does have lots of Scorpio in her chart.

girlcat

it's funny how i start to leaf through this thread looking forward to reading about all positive qualities about myself but find the negatives much more entertaining and insightful to read. you can learn a lot, just have to remember not to over identify with it.

Fave:
cappies! don't know why, but i always just "click" with them, they're just so...for a lack of better words, earthy. i really appreciate their realistic approach to life and their sophistication and standards. they are also modest and can be funny as hell about their insights on people and social situations.

Like:
aquarius- (my dad and grandmother's sign) once you get past the coolness that is aquarius, they are really open, funny and can be wickedly cynical (which i love). and i love that they are totally not phony and honest (the ones i've met so far)
gems- mostly get along with the rising types more than sun signs, but i really appreciate the lightness that accompanies this signs characteristics, and they are mentally stimulating, they have some amusing things to say.
cancers- sometimes too emotional and goody goody like for me but i have had a couple of good cancer friends and i just feel like i can trust them. very loyal and when your down they truly do symathize with you without having to say a word, and that makes you feel more understood then talking out the situation. great at keeping secrets too, a MAJOR plus in my book.
saggies- oh saggies, i enjoy this energy. super fun, my inner goofball comes out to play whenever i'm around sadge energy. they're really comfortable to be around.
virgos- (my sun sign) there have been a couple of male virgos that i have not gotten along with in my younger years, but for the most part, i think this is a cool sign. the ones i have met have not been your typical textbook virgo at all. they're smart, funny, creative types and surprisingly, romantic! must be some heavy neptune influence going on. in any case i get along with them, now.

OK:
aries- hit or miss, hot or cold. have met some really cool smart aries and some that are just luke warm. my sister's an aries and she is probably one of the most creative people i know, it's hot or cold between us. perhaps my libra rising.
scorps- don't get me wrong i like the scorpio energy, (my ex was a scorp) but i tend to get on with the scorpio men and older women. so it's mostly younger scorpio women i have problems with. they seem to want me to earn their respect before they even give me the time of day and i don't really play that game, so whatever. other than that, once they have gotten used to the idea of you existing near them their cool and it's cool how it's no ******** with them. also i really appreciate how they read between the lines and just get it.
pisces- my opinion is still changing with this sign, mostly bc i think i was just misunderstanding it for a while. don't have too too much experience with this sign, used to have a really good friend with this sun sign and she sort of talked mad trash about me behind my back (didn't know the rest of her chart). in any case i have met some cool ppl with pisces sun, but never got to know them that well, they are sensitive though, just something about their sensitivity that i think is misunderstood, or something... this is my moon sign btw.
libras- just don't really click with the sun sign, but do with the rising. seem like good ppl, just don't get eachother.
taurus- very pleasant. that's all.

Key

Banned
For me it's more what some signs DO that rubs me the wrong way or I find off-putting in some respect, not really a matter of least favorite or dislike or hatred.

Sagittarius - I dislike the way they basically don't think before they speak and how when they do speak they feel they are the Absolute Truth.

I dislike the Pisces tendency to constantly manipulate and play the victim/martyr. Constant sob stories, so on and so forth.

Sometimes Aquarians annoy me in a way similar to Sag, but it's something about their execution that is more charming somehow and not quite as grating and I end up forgiving them soon afterwords.

Piixy

well when it comes to favourite signs and least favourite theres also a matter of logically ( what you like in yoru head ) and personally ( you just like them and cant explain why)

I think virgo guys are VERY attractive, and logically mentally i like them
but a pisces guy i like them more personally because of their intuition and they just always know exactly how to whoo me!
and scorpios are okay i agree sometimes they are too intense...but they have their moments.
Taurus guys are just lovely....most of them anyhow....altho sometimes they need to give a girl some space!
Aquarians are fun and attractive but i find that they make really good FREINDS, it kinda stops there for me.
Gemini's eeh....iffy with that one not crazy about them altho no doubt
they are witty and intelligent and that is for sure attractive but i find them to be....kinda rude at times...and somewhat selfish...
I like leo's for about 10 seconds then they just get annoying
and muchh to flirtatious.... Cancers are too emotional and moody
aries are...cute....or annoying.
sagitarrians are like aquarians for me.
no comment about libras...they're...persistant.
thats all i can say for now anyhow...

smilingsteph

My double Taurus friend nightmare!

My so called friend is a double Taurus.

When we plan to do anything, it is like a business agreement, or how I can make things easier on her.

I asked if she wanted to do something and she said great "you can drive because then my husband can take me home, so we can save money on gas."

She said:
"Oh I am so glad you love my dogs," "because I need somone to take them out on a walk today."
I take them out to smell this horrendous odor from thier doorway. Come to find that all of these poop bags from picking the dog poop up in the apartment complex are piled up so high under the stairs rotting!
She blamed it on her Taurus husband saying he is lazy.

She calls in tears because they are so broke.
But then they go out to these very expensive restaraunts, buy expensive clothing...I never get invited to these wonderful things either.

She was really upset one day and was crying about not having any money. She had a gym membership with a trainer and did not have the money to pay for it. She was so upset about this. So my sessions cost $50.00 a session. She wanted to do group sessions, so the cost for that is $80.00. The trainer gave us $10.00 off and then said that the excess cost would only be $20.00. She paid the $20.00 and didnt even think to say Thank you to me!

So basically when we go to our training session it is costing me $50.00 and her only $20.00. Basically I am giving her $15.00 every time we go to the gym! I dont even know how to bring it up to her at this point.

I am done with her. She is so selfish!

EhTeam

I know it is old, but I am new, so here is my two cents!
Aries - Some of the smartest people I have met. I admire their jobs, professions or amount of contacts they have.

Taurus- Creative people I have known. Have given me a challenge (physically or mentally), that I enjoy.

Gemini - Love them. The ones I have met are mostly quiet, but a lot of fun. I married a Gemini.

Cancer- My outgoing friends. Very creative, more on the sensitive side.

Leo- RAWR, I am a leo. I am told that I would clash, or mesh with leos. I have to say one common trait among my leo friends, is that we are all Silly. Jokes, Shenanigans...comedy day and night.

Virgo - Fashionable...and Smug.

Libra - I get along with just right, but it's never a long lasting, deep connection.

Scorpio - Quick with the tounge...like me :devil: I have to say, they have all been blunt.

Saggitarious- love and hate. On a first level, I love them, on a secondary level, they frustrate me.

Capricorn - the term, Free bird comes to mind. Marching to the beat of their own drum.

Aquarius- The lovers. They all have been very affectionate, polite, and eager, almost to a fault. My first boyfriend was an Aquarius, we still talk.

queenfluff

Cool thread! I was gonna post something like this...like best/worst rising/sun combo.

I didn't read all the responses here but I was happy to find out that lots of people like Virgos. I honestly thought we were the most hated sign in the Zodiac! :) Yeah! :)

So for me (based on my experiences in the friends sphere. :

Best Friends:
Scorpio - this is my favorite. I have/had tons of Scorpio friends. They just graviate to me and we get along almost immediately. Probably because Virgo is sextile Scorpio. (Maybe also because my Rising is Scorpio!)

Cancer - I get along with Cancers the best secondly.

Pisces - I have had a few Pisces friends so I guess they would be next.

Aries - They are fun to hang out with if I am in the right mood.

Leo - I like the way they have some drama. I have Venus in Leo so I can understand that.

Worst Friends:

(any of the air signs actually but in order)
Aquarius - Ugh, could they be any more spacey? I honestly want to slap them.

Gemini - another one that even though we can have a mental battle since we are both Mercury, I hate the fact that they are inconsistent and you can't depend on them. I win in the mental battle, btw! They give up too soon!

Libra - I guess I can be friends with them. But I hate the fact that they have too many spacey idea and are messy and disorganized.

Neutral or Not Sure:

Virgos - Yes, I am Virgo Sun. And I think my Virgo qualities are great but honestly I haven't really been friends with other Virgo Suns reallly. I have known a few but never became buddies. But I still put me at the top on this list.

Taurus - I get along with them OK. They are still a bit on the slow side for me. Maybe if I get to know some more of them, they will move up on the list.

Capricorns - Don't really know any. Except my brother and honestly he is kinda stingy.

Sagittarius - Again, don't really know any. I have Sagittarius in my Moon and Mars so I think I could handle one OK.

And don't even get me started on fave/least for dating! Oh boy, I already did that in another thread as I have dated most of the signs. Worst was Taurus (but I think that might have been just that guy) and Best so far was Cancer (for long term relationship) but to lust after definatley SCORPIO! I want some of that again please! :)

Aquachime

Ok taking this as just a bit of general Sun sign fun- heres my opinions

Aries- love em or hate em, no in between for me. My daughter, my ex, my best friends in my younger years. Upfront and brave. Self centred.

Taurus- love their sense of earthy humour and sensuality. But can be boring. My other ex.

Gemini- Don t go there. My mother, aunts, ex brother in law. Good twin-evil twin.

Cancer- I get them intuitively, love to be loved by them. Don t deal well with their smothering.

Leo- Love them. Their sunny, positive, happiness and even their anger is something I just totally get. My Nan and my grandson-beautiful beacons of light in my life.

Virgo- My current man is a Virgo. Man what have I been missing!:biggrin:

Libra-Just don t get their unfairness (strange thing to say about the scales I know) and social pleasantness at all costs thing.

Scorpio- My 1st ex. I still carry the scars. Both poignantly beautiful and soul destroying. I seem to attract Scorp energy. I do not back away from these relationships.

Sag- Yeah Baby. The more Sags the merrier for me as far as Im concerned. To party with, travel with or philosphise with, I dont mind. All things I love to do.

Cap- Some of my best girlfriends have been Caps. I respect their quiet dignity and ambition. Not a fan of the overt ambition in some.

Aqu-Whatever planet thy re from I ll go with them. They are so interesting to me. They can crack me up with their observations.

Pisces-I am a Sun Pisces but i just don t click with my sign. I think we fog each other out.

pizzagirl543

My favorites:
Sagittarius- I have so much fun with these people! They're pretty open minded and make good friends.

Virgo- they're often nice people, and the guys I'm attracted to in this sun sign seem to be gentlemen towards the girls they actually like.

Dislike:
Pisces- my sister is a Pisces and I just don't get her anymore. I don't even bother to have an actual conversation with her at this point. One minute she's annoyingly perky then all moody. She always has some sarcastic remark to say. Both of my best friend's sister's are also Pisces and according to them, they're hard to deal with as well.

Libra guys- they're often pretty rude and cocky...

Arijana

DISLIKE:

1. Saggitarius men-for some reason,I don't feel em,can't find a common language with them,have a bad gut feeling when it comes to them

2. Scorpio men- I'm not impressed with the male scorpio's I've encountered so far-vindictive,seemengly crazy,popular yet assholes ( my apologies to the ok scorpio guys on the thread ),selfish, manipulative,not loyal at all ( to my suprise )

LIKE:

1. Taurus. Ultime favorate. Can't match them. 3 most important ppl in my life are this sign.

2. Aquarius- adore them. Rebelious,true loyal friends, egocentric but in the most adorable way one can be egocentric, they will listen to your problems no matter how crazy they are,can be bi.tchy but I love that too, love how explosive they are ( even their explosive anger tantrums ) ,thruthful,always down to ride,unconventional...my second favorite.

3. Leo's

4. Gemini- incredibly intelligent,very imaginative yet practical ,true friends, it's a pleasure talking to them,very lively mind, they have an attention spawn of a goldfish which I find adorable,I remember one of my closest friends,she and I were talking about some book or movie ,and I had a red scarf in my bag for my dancing,and she noticed it and took it out,and started playing with it while talking to me,making shapes with it,tying it around her head,then neck,by the end I think she found like 50 ways to use that scarf...then again it probably attracted her attention since it had kind of little silver coins tied to it ( the belly dancer scarf thing ) so most likely the shinny attracted her attention in the first place lol...they are like little curious children at heart.

Cancer and Libra-adore these two signs,so many close ppl in my life were these signs.

anywho,closest ppl I have were

Taurus-my best male friend...no one can compare
Taurus- someone very meaningful to me,an ex of mine
Aquarius-one of my closest girlfriends,one of my best friends since our second year of highscool,I lover her
Gemini- also,one of my closest girlfriends..what she did to me...for me..I can never forget,and even now I kind of get teary eyed..if there ever is a true person in my life,that proved to me what loyalty and a big heart is...it's her. She kind of helped me save myself,and was the only one that gave me a chance when no one would. I never met a human being that amazes me like she does. I owe her my life in a way.
Aries- my best friend from gollege..amazing loyal,brave being that will stick it threw with you no matter what...also,someone who won't give up on you,even when u pushed them aside,like I did her..whcih I regret.

weirdconjunctions

:capricorn::love:

I am immediately attracted to Leos, Sagittarii, and Aries people, probably because I am a Leo rising/Aries moon/Sag Venus, but I find it difficult to hang around with them long-term because they find me boring and push me away!

I'm tight with Virgos, Scorpios, and Pisceans. I've known tons of them and have liked them all. People with these signs have helped me become the person that I am today.

Other Capricorns like my daddy and his girlfriend can be a challenge! Heaven help you if you ever end up in a room with two goats who disagree on something.

Though I am supposed to be super compatable with Cancers, I have unfortunately known only those Cancers who are really dull people (no offense, Cancers!)

I respect Aquarius people and think that they are awesome (Uranus is prominent in my chart), but they tend to want nothing to do with me.

On the subject of air signs, I have found that I don't mix well with Libras and Geminis. We don't share essential values.

Remarkably, I have never been in close contact with a Taurus.

So that's that.