Wedding date choice: What do you think?

Hi,

I wonder if you can please help me decide between 2 wedding dates. They say that there's no perfect date....how true....

We want a garden wedding in early 2013, so ideally we'd like to get married in either Jan., Feb. or March 2013, in Sydney, Australia. I've checked and checked possible dates and at best came up with 2 alternative Friday night options. Friday, Feb 22 or Friday, March 1...both starting about 5:30pm with vows 6:30-7pmish - Taking vows as the chart time provides a fixed asc/desc axis, with jupiter conjunct MC both days and venus conjunct Desc (angular on the 22nd), but conjunct Neptune which is more likely to be angular in the 7th on March 1. In both charts the 7th house is loaded with planets and Jupiter squares them all including sun, neptune, venus, mars and mercury.....I figure there are worse challenges, or is that really bad?

Ruler of W (wedding) Leo Asc. (sun) is in Pisces conjunct venus, nepture, mercury and mars...and square jupiter in Gemini

Ruler of W Aquarius Desc. (uranus) is in Aries in the 8th house, sextile Jupiter, but square pluto.

Saturn is in 3rd, pluto in 5th, mars in seventh.

On Feb 22 Moon is in Cancer in the 11th house (if we run to time, otherwise 12th house), On March 1 Moon is in Libra in the 3rd house

OVERALL SYNASTRY:
In both these charts W(wedding) saturn in scorpio trines grooms sun, but squares bride's natal sun, mars, MC conjunction.....but it's a year long aspect and impossible to avoid.

W jupiter is trine the same conjunction, but square bride's natal venus/pluto opposition (part of a directed yod, sun/mars/mc in aquarius, venus in pisces (11th), trine neptune (7th) in scorpio, jupiter in 12th in aries - square mercury in capricorn in ninth), and square groom's natal sun.

FEB 22 CHART DETAILS
Feb 22 is a much better date work-wise - and mercury isn't retrograde yet, it turns retrograde late the next day. It's a beautiful chart: The Moon is waxing in cancer and well aspected to mars and mercury conjunction in pisces, saturn is trine sun. Sun in pisces is conjunct mars, mercury, neptune and - from aquarius- venus , BUT the moon's last aspects in the sign of cancer are quincunx venus 25 degrees in aquarius, trine uranus, 6 degrees in Aries. Is this very bad?

SYNASTRY FEB 22:
W venus conjunct bride's natal saturn and opp her moon, W mars conjunct bride's natal venus, w jupiter and w uranus form a yod with bride's natal ascendant.
W moon is trine Groom's natal sun, w mars is conjunct groom's natal sun, w mercury is conjunct groom's natal venus and opp his natal pluto, W saturn is trine groom's natal sun

MARCH 1 CHART DETAILS
March 1 is less convenient for work, and moon is waning, but it's still full in libra, applying trine to venus and neptune, both in early pisces. This aspect continues as moon leaves the sign of libra, approaching a trine to sun at 10 degrees of pisces. Another consideration is that mercury is retrograde on this date, however.

SYNASTRY MARCH 1:
W sun conjuncts bride's natal venus, W moon sextiles bride's natal moon,
W jupiter trines brides' natal sun, mars MC
W sun is conjunct groom's natal sun, W moon opposes his natal moon, W venus is sextile groom's natal saturn

Both bride and groom are over 40 - but this is the first wedding for each.

Does anybody have any advice about which date is best to choose? Your thoughts would be much appreciated because my head is reeling a bit....

Last edited:
Hi -

Actually I have another question....is a moon void of course if it is nearing a conjunction to a planet in the first degree of the next sign???? I can't seem to clarify that point. When it leaves Libra it is approaching a square to venus in the first degree of aquarius and a trine to mars/neptune conjunction in the first degrees of pisces.

- There is another possible date on a Saturday night Feb 2, 2013...I ignored it because saturn squared sun...but it is past exact and I have since discovered that doesn't count, apparently. Is that true? Sun trines Jupiter, also not applying...but the Venus Jupiter trine is applying and both are angular.

Other than that most planets are in Aquarius, Moon is in Libra (last quadrant), neither saturn, nor mercury are retrograde. Cancer rising, Taurus MC.

If I shift the time to midday, venus is conjunct the MC in capricorn, moon trines mercury and conjunct desc in libra, but both saturn and moon are in the 7th (not conjunct)

Oh, I don't know.

dr. farr

Just a couple of tips:
-don't marry when the Moon is void of course; a VC Moon occurs when it will make no more aspects prior to leaving the SIGN it is currently in (but I include aspects to the outer planets here, as well as making of any minor aspects, to save Moon from being VC)
-don't marry when the SN is in the ascending sign or in the 7th house sign
-don't marry when Venus or Moon is within 3 degrees (either side) of the SN or if the ascending degree, MC degree or Venus or the Moon (any of them) is parallel the SN
-ideally don't marry when Venus is conjunct or parallel either Uranus, Mars or Saturn
-ideally set the time for marriage during the waxing Moon
-ideally set the time for marriage when the ruler of the sign the Moon is in will itself be positied in a cardinal sign (or at least when this ruler is NOT posited in a mutable sign)