Healing with Chiron involved in a yod

Pisceanfool

Hello astrologers,

I have a chart of someone close to me and as I almost always ignore chiron I am not really sure how to work it into this chart. To me, it appears chiron and venus will be the keys to the emotional healing of this person, as Chiron means a wound that needs to heal and will bring strength I'm pretty sure. As you can see, the yod involves a point (asc) and not a planet so possibly not a true yod or whatever. Regardless, it all points to the greatest challenge on this person involving the close conjunction of Sun and Saturn. it also loosely connects to Venus which trines to Jupiter involved in the more emotional problem associated with the dramatic Leo Moon squared expansive Jupiter (an aspect which causes me much personal grief at times).

I get that tell tale intuitive draw to the yod and venus for resolution. I was mostly wondering how to achieve this resolution and heal the past? Being in the Pisces and Virgo polarity I would guess service of some sort. Chiron debatably rules over or is exalted or whatever in Virgo most likely giving strength to the planet and the aspect. I think that yods are focused on the point (Venus) so its fairly obvious thats important too. Venus is also the ruler of the chart AND exalted :tongue:

Any other thoughts or anything that stands out is also welcome.

Attachments

• astro_2gw_84_naggus.7452.13078.jpg
    astro_2gw_84_naggus.7452.13078.jpg
    84.5 KB · Views: 74

R4VEN

Firstly, I don't see a yod. A yod is formed by 2 separate planets each being inconjunct a 3rd - the 3rd being named the apex of the yod, and so generally its most sensitive point. This chart had Sun and Saturn inconjunct the Asc, but sun and Saturn are conjunct - no yod.

I suspect that you are trying to over-think the chart. This is something which will tie you in knots over it, and will block clarity.
I think the Chiron placement is important - but then I always do. Chiron - in Virgo, and in 11th-12th houses - opposes Sun & Saturn (which will shine a beacon on that conjunction, creating difficulty there), and I consider Venus too wide to be in opposition with Chiron. I also consider the square between Pluto and Chiron to be too wide - it is over 8 degrees, which is too wide. The struggle with Chiron opposition the Sun-Saturn conjunction is to do with bringing the True Self into the world. This person may feel blocked and tied up in knots. It is possible that there is a degree of parental control or opposition to them being able to come right out and express themselves freely. The irony in all this is that this person most likely has an inate ability to help others to express themselves freely. What they eventually do in their lives will have something to do with helping others - even indirectly - to be more confident and open in their self-expression.

Pisceanfool

The moon is the 3rd planet for the yod inconjunct the sun/saturn, even though astrodienist doesn't make the little line or include it in the chart. Its a 4/6 degree orb so I'm not sure why it doesn't even though I always check "add all aspect lines". Perhaps this is too wide an orb for this particular aspect?

Your interpretation is very interesting and accurate thank you. This person wants to be a counselor or therapist of some kind.

On a side note, if anyone has good references to information about yods in general I would be appreciative.

R4VEN

The Moon is not sextile the ASC - has to be within 4 degr orb. Yods are kinda tricky, and require a closer orb than normal to be considered.

There is quite a lot of info on this forum - in earlier threads - which describes yods and how they affect people. Here is just a couple of them:

http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=827&highlight=Yods+unaspected+planets
http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=15271&highlight=Yods+unaspected+planets

Oh, and one further comment about the nature of Chiron. We are intuitively drawn to helping others to heal or work with the very thing which creates our own Chiron wounding, and so in helping other we then help ourselves. This is one of the many reasons I was drawn in the first place to investigate the nature of Chiron.

Pisceanfool

Hmm well I would consider the sextile active even if it is barely 5 degrees. First 8 degrees are enough now you say 4 is needed? It seems to be a general consensus to use 10 degrees as the absolute orb. I will have to read the other threads tomorrow to decide whether this is active or not, but it seems you suggest the YOD is requiring closer orb not the SEXTILE as a separate element correct?

"The Moon is not sextile the ASC - has to be within 4 degr orb."

Quite disappointing. It may be this discounts the configuration as a true yod yet the orb I generally use would allow the sextile on its own at least. On that note, the moon does still inconjunct the Sun barely over 4 degrees with 38 minutes too much.

R4VEN

Hmm well I would consider the sextile active even if it is barely 5 degrees. First 8 degrees are enough now you say 4 is needed? It seems to be a general consensus to use 10 degrees as the absolute orb. I will have to read the other threads tomorrow to decide whether this is active or not, but it seems you suggest the YOD is requiring closer orb not the SEXTILE as a separate element correct?
What you say here illustrates one of the continuing frustrations I have with astrology - that of `flexible' orbs. Within a yod, which is only active in a chart with quite close orbs, the sextile and inconjuncts need to be within 4 degr. Some would say 3 degr. A good rule of thumb is: `When in doubt choose the tighter orb.'

I would suggest you read through the Yod threads I linked you to. The issue of orbs is discussed there. It is significant, I think.

I was originally taught (by someone who studied astrology under Bernadette Brady) that under normal circumstances, orbs in natal needs to be no more than 4 degr with sextiles, 5 degr with inconjuncts, and 7 with conj, squares & oppositions and trines. I'm not keen on the idea of a 10 degree orb.

And in relation to your question, an orb of 4 degrees - and no more - is active for a sextile, but for a sextile within a yod to be part of a yod, the orb should be no more than 3 degrees. A Yod is a very sensitive and reactive placement. You need to read more about it.

Last edited:

Pisceanfool

Interesting take on the orbs. I wish astrology was more defined with a lot of elements in general.

I would still appreciate another interpretation of the chart or aspect in question if anyone is browsing around on this thread. :joyful: