Whats Your Biggest Flaw and what in your chart causes it?

AppLeo

Arrogance and pride due to my Leo Sun...

And then my Capricorn Rising just makes it worse by being aloof and uncaring.

katydid

Mars in Aries is one of my favorite placements, well, depending on what house it's in and the aspects it makes.
I have Mars in a fire sign too and with the exception of maybe Scorpio Mars, I can't imagine Mars in any other element: how does that work?

Mars is exalted in Capricorn and I think it works very well there, if nice aspected and well placed.

My daughter has Mars in Aries and it squares my Mars in Cap. We rarely ever fight and talk nearly every day. But we do things pretty differently. She calls for advice, listens but usually just does the things the way her Gemini/Aries spirit requires. LOL

I did wince and grimace during her teen years because she was way more adventurous and independent than I was comfortable with. :unsure:

But her Mars has served her very well and she has carved out a nice life for herself by being so fiery and taking risks and being self motivated.

It did tend to get her into some trouble in high school though for a few reasons. If anyone bullied or harassed any of her close friends, SHE would be the one taking it upon herself to stand up for them, physically if need be. :pouty:

She also 'fought' injustice by talking back to teachers that she felt were unfair. And it did land her in the Deans office a few times. But at the same time, she had a lot of teachers that adored her and were supportive and she was active in school activities and so she was able to squeak through these incidents of defiance.

I think RIGHTEOUS DEFIANCE is an apt term for Mars in Aries squared by Saturn/Uranus/Neptune in Capricorn. :ninja:

katydid

Arrogance and pride due to my Leo Sun...

And then my Capricorn Rising just makes it worse by being aloof and uncaring.

Yes…Arrogance and pride can emanate from a strong Leo Sun. But it stems from self confidence and a strong sense of inner joy and creative self expression. There is often a dynamic individualism, personal style and charisma that is hard to look away from.

Capricorn rising can appear aloof and uncaring. But that is a mask, in my opinion. Capricorns are usually quite concerned with others and their needs and well being. They just do not always show it or express it verbally. Although they are known to take action, often behind the scenes, to help others out of a tight jam.

The Piscean

Mars in Aries is one of my favorite placements, well, depending on what house it's in and the aspects it makes.
I have Mars in a fire sign too and with the exception of maybe Scorpio Mars, I can't imagine Mars in any other element: how does that work?

I knew someone with a pisces mars, as we all know pisces rules the feet, well she loved to dance. She was also a capricorn sun so all that dancing gave her leg problems later in life.

craft94

I knew someone with a pisces mars, as we all know pisces rules the feet, well she loved to dance. She was also a capricorn sun so all that dancing gave her leg problems later in life.

Interesting.
How did she express anger though?
Pisces doesn't seem like a comfortable place for the god of war...

The Piscean

Interesting.
How did she express anger though?
Pisces doesn't seem like a comfortable place for the god of war...

Not very intensely, ive met two people with mars in pisces and they will rarely argue with you. But remember mars isn't just about anger, its also things like sex and passion.

conspiracy theorist

I got another one. I always, always have the urge to oppose or challenge someone or something, even when I try to keep this urge from acting up, it bubbles up in unexpected ways.

Mars conjunct the ascendant

Jadi

Saturn retrograde in the 12th house, also the traditional ruler of my ascendant with the north node closely on top of it. Talking about social inhibition and awkwardness...

Although I can work around it, I don't think I'll ever feel totally comfortable socializing with people.

craft94

Saturn retrograde in the 12th house, also the traditional ruler of my ascendant with the north node closely on top of it. Talking about social inhibition and awkwardness...

Although I can work around it, I don't think I'll ever feel totally comfortable socializing with people.

I feel you... Venus and Mercury (Sun, Moon and Ascendant ruler) both in retrograde. I can be socially awkward too. Mostly, I think it comes from anxiety.

david starling

I feel you... Venus and Mercury (Sun, Moon and Ascendant ruler) both in retrograde. I can be socially awkward too. Mostly, I think it comes from anxiety.

Since I see no logical reason why Retrograde applies to a "snapshot" Natal-chart, where no motion is involved (only to Transits and Horary, which projects into the future), I was interested in this theory that Mercury-retrograde is a major factor in social awkwardness. I have Merc Retro in Pisces, and I am uncomfortable in many social situations. I did one bit of research--Thomas Jefferson was known for acute shyness, but his Mercury was Direct. It was, however, in Pisces. Benjamin Franklin was a social butterfly, who loved social interaction, and his Mercury was Retrograde, but in Aquarius. So, not much to go on, but it's possible that the Sign Mercury is in is what matters, not its direction in the Natal-chart. I realize I'm going against Lore on this one--maybe a result of :uranus: and :northnode: in Gemini. There are undoubtedly other factors that could lead to social awkwardness, especially Aspects. Hmm....maybe questioning Tradition is one of my flaws. :lol:

craft94

Since I see no logical reason why Retrograde applies to a "snapshot" Natal-chart, where no motion is involved (only to Transits and Horary, which projects into the future), I was interested in this theory that Mercury-retrograde is a major factor in social awkwardness. I have Merc Retro in Pisces, and I am uncomfortable in many social situations. I did one bit of research--Thomas Jefferson was known for acute shyness, but his Mercury was Direct. It was, however, in Pisces. Benjamin Franklin was a social butterfly, who loved social interaction, and his Mercury was Retrograde, but in Aquarius. So, not much to go on, but it's possible that the Sign Mercury is in is what matters, not its direction in the Natal-chart. I realize I'm going against Lore on this one--maybe a result of :uranus: and :northnode: in Gemini. There are undoubtedly other factors that could lead to social awkwardness, especially Aspects. Hmm....maybe questioning Tradition is one of my flaws. :lol:

I think both matter. Sign matters more, house also matters, but I think Mercury's direction still has an effect. Certain friends of mine, for example, I was able to tell their Mercury was retrograde before seeing their chart, due to certain similarities in our thinking.

Going against lore is also a Mercury Retrograde thing, did you know that?

Going off historical figures doesn't really tell us much imo. I don't think having Mercury retrograde turns one into a nerd who sits on their couch watching anime all day. I think it's more of an internal thing. With Mercury in Aquarius, of course Ben Franklin is going to be more social but that doesn't necessarily mean he didn't have his social or intellectual insecurities/difficulties either. A retro Mercury in Aqua will operate a lot differently than a retro Mercury in Pisces would, just like it would if it were direct.The way I understand it, a Retrograde planet means it's energies go backwards, they turn inwards. This can happen in a variety of different ways.

Some traits that let me know someone's got Mercury in Retrograde: I've noticed Mercury in retrograde people have a tendency to overthink what they say. Another big communication probably Mercury in retrograde people experience is: misunderstandings; people are always misunderstanding us, and because of this, sometimes as a result, we are even better communicators because we go out of our way to make sure we are understood correctly. Mercury in Retrograde people are always constantly reviewing and revising what they think and say; regardless of whether we seem "extroverted" or "introverted" to the outside world, we have a tendency to reflect on things more. I've actually noticed this with you too David. Sometimes, you'll make a post and delete it later or frequently edit it. I do the same thing and I've noticed this is actually common with Mercury Retrograde folks. I've never seen your chart (though I've heard you talk about it) but it doesn't surprise me that your Mercury is in Retrograde. I kinda had a feeling you were one of us hah.

What do you have to say about a Mercury in Libra, David? Mercury in Libra is supposed to be more sociable, right? Well I am sociable... and long-winded... you see how much I type. But that doesn't mean I can't be socially awkward either. There are different types of awkwardness.

Actually, one of the friends I mentioned, like Franklin, is a Mercury Retrograde in Aquarius and to all outside appearance, they're probably one of the most social people I know. They're always out, always partying, they always seem to have plans, yet regardless of how they seem they feel socially awkward. Inside, they're always overthinking what to say, or how they'll be interpreted etc...sometimes they feel they're too blunt, sometimes they feel they're too quiet, they feel they can't relate to anyone etc.

Last edited:

craft94

Oh I'm not arguing with you either by the way. Just giving a difference in opinion.
This isn't politics haha.
But it seems like I always sound angry or aggressive online?? Even when I go out of my way to try not to be.
Another example of a misunderstood Mercury in Retrograde.

david starling

Oh I'm not arguing with you either by the way. Just giving a difference in opinion.
This isn't politics haha.
But it seems like I always sound angry or aggressive online?? Even when I go out of my way to try not to be.
Another example of a misunderstood Mercury in Retrograde.

There's a theory that having Mercury Natally-retrograde gives one some immunity during Mercury's Retrograde-transits. Also, provides the ability to backtrack and review past successes and failures, and learn from them. Hesitancy in moving forward with new plans would be a downside.

craft94

There's a theory that having Mercury Natally-retrograde gives one some immunity during Mercury's Retrograde-transits. Also, provides the ability to backtrack and review past successes and failures, and learn from them. Hesitancy in moving forward with new plans would be a downside.

Yes, I've heard this theory and I think it's probably true because as far as I can see, Mercury in Retrograde is over-hyped. The only recurring theme I see is internet problems.

katydid

I would never imagine a Retrograde Mercury being good, at least my Leo one anyway.

Thankfully mine is not Retrograde.

My husband has Mercury retrograde, in the 12th house, in Aries.

He is a very well established and successful writer. Began writing as a very young child. Has been nominated for 6 emmys in recent years, and various awards. Has been in the writers /Directors Guild for decades.

I think the retrograde Mercury has helped him in various ways. He thinks outside the box, and does great surprise endings and humorous dialogue that is unexpected.

He is paid to think in unique ways. The retro Mercury allows him to sit and ponder the exactly correct use of a word or phrase. He sits at the computer for hours and hours, poring over each page of a script. Making slight but vital changes, that most people would never see as important. But he knows nuance. :alien:

When doing his laundry, I always have to be on the lookout for rogue slips of paper, napkins, receipts, that have various notes and ideas jotted down. He is CONSTANTLY thinking and creating images with words. And writes them down wherever and whenever he can.

One thing I can say about his 12th house retrograde Mercury===he is kind of like Mr McGoo. He is sometimes clueless about what is going on around him when he is so deeply entranced by his thoughts and imagination. :sideways: