What career is for Uranus/Sun/Venus in 10th house?

astro_novice

My son is in high school, and I'd like to direct him in the right path.

I'm not good with natal charts. I thought maybe he could be into engineering with Uranus in his 10th. He can do some very basic computer programming in Javascript. But I don't think he is super-bright, in like top 1%. He could be like top 5% or 10%. I'm just not sure if he can make it to being a very good engineer.

I feel like he may be following this path, only because I am an engineer.

I tried to get him interested in computer graphics (Uranus + Venus), but he hasn't done much at all, despite his apparent interests.

Is he suitable for any fields in medicine, doctor, pharmacist, dentists, etc.?

I can't make out of anything from his 2nd house in Gemini, and 6th house in Libra. His ruler of 10th house is Uranus in 10th (or Saturn in 1st house). His ruler of 6th is in 10th as Venus. And the ruler of 2nd is Mercury in 9th. Is that more like a lawyer?

Is Sun+Uranus like a tech entrepreneur?

Many thanks,

AstroNovice

Last edited:

katydid

Although it is in the 9th, Neptune is conjunct his MC. So that might have an impact upon his career and the way he projects himself or appears to others. He might be a lot smarter than he ‘appears’ to be. Neptune might indicate a career path that includes working in a compassionate way.

theV

Mercury in the 9th house ruler of the chart indicates a researcher, socratic, mathematic, scientistic this what I noticed from my friend who has the same position. Career in teaching math, or scientific field like chemistry or engineering might be beneficial. Philosphy is another possibility but he is more scientific. Uranus deals with computers, electricity a career involving those is also good.

Last edited:

astro_novice

Didn't notice that his Neptune conjunct MC that. I also have Neptune in 10th, but it's conjunct 11th cusp. No wonder I keep wanting to start a charity.

My son can be good in science/math, if he is given time. The problem is that he doesn't seem to have a quick mind. He can understand difficult concepts, but he cannot reach solutions quickly. He tends to over-think a problem. Maybe that's the effect of his Neptune conjunct Mercury. But he has the stamina to stay on a problem for hours, like a researcher.

Since I'm an engineer, I have observed that people who don't have a quick mind at work tend to get looked down at. I don't want him to do something that he may not be good at.

But then, I don't know what other stuffs he could do, since he is more math/science oriented than literature/history oriented.

Retro

Banned
Didn't notice that his Neptune conjunct MC that. I also have Neptune in 10th, but it's conjunct 11th cusp. No wonder I keep wanting to start a charity.

My son can be good in science/math, if he is given time. The problem is that he doesn't seem to have a quick mind. He can understand difficult concepts, but he cannot reach solutions quickly. He tends to over-think a problem. Maybe that's the effect of his Neptune conjunct Mercury. But he has the stamina to stay on a problem for hours, like a researcher.

Since I'm an engineer, I have observed that people who don't have a quick mind at work tend to get looked down at. I don't want him to do something that he may not be good at.

But then, I don't know what other stuffs he could do, since he is more math/science oriented than literature/history oriented.

Hi...
The only suitable Career's businessMan.

BlackStar

My son is in high school, and I'd like to direct him in the right path.

I'm not good with natal charts. I thought maybe he could be into engineering with Uranus in his 10th. He can do some very basic computer programming in Javascript. But I don't think he is super-bright, in like top 1%. He could be like top 5% or 10%. I'm just not sure if he can make it to being a very good engineer.

I feel like he may be following this path, only because I am an engineer.

I tried to get him interested in computer graphics (Uranus + Venus), but he hasn't done much at all, despite his apparent interests.

Is he suitable for any fields in medicine, doctor, pharmacist, dentists, etc.?

I can't make out of anything from his 2nd house in Gemini, and 6th house in Libra. His ruler of 10th house is Uranus in 10th (or Saturn in 1st house). His ruler of 6th is in 10th as Venus. And the ruler of 2nd is Mercury in 9th. Is that more like a lawyer?

Is Sun+Uranus like a tech entrepreneur?

Many thanks,

AstroNovice
Yes, Sun+Uranus could make him a tech entrepreneur. However, I've noticed many artists (*musicians, actors) having Venus in the 10th. For this combination, I envision a futuristic profession, combining Hi-Tech and Art. How about Hologram Tech, Virtual Concert creator, 3D printing, Art Technician? You must also check the power of each of these planets. Check if his luminaries are represented by any of these planets/ Try to prioritize the force of that planet. Good luck, and May the FORCE be with him :)

astro_novice

Here is his natal chart. Thanks to BlackStar & Outlook for your new inputs.
This post was from a few years ago. Now, he will be graduating with a bachelor in chemical engineering, and just got an offer from one of the very top companies in semiconductor industry with ok to decent salary, but he may not go.
The problem is that he never heeded my advice (partially based on my astrology knowledge) to switch over computer science (CS) for software, or apply as a CS major. He did take so many CS classes that he is almost qualified as any CS major. Because of the terrible CS job market, he may be going for a master's degree in CS for another two years. Without an actual CS degree, it's very tough to find any jobs in CS right now.

He is into AI, NLP (or ChatGPT-related) stuffs, etc. His school research is all in this area currently.

On the side, he is an emerging musician. His music composition is over 100+ pages of music sheets. I love his composed music, which is instrumental/new age category. He did those mostly on his own, with few resources here and there. If he has spare time, he plays piano and compose.

I think he will turn out alright, despite the potential delay IF he continues his pursuit in CS. Now, I'm more worried about my second son.

Attachments

• Son_Chart.jpg
    Son_Chart.jpg
    303.8 KB · Views: 44

Outlook

i didnt see that. but i am glad to hear it all turned out well. dont worry about him. our lives are nit a conveyor belt. some things need scenic route detours! at the end of the day all we take with us are experiences. memories. you dont get those from 9 to 5 x 365.

CS is undergoing some major attraction with huge numbers now thinking its the answer to everything. universities have been inundated. i have my doubts. as is said before, when everyone arrives to a party, its time to leave. AI hopefully will crash and burn from copyright restrictions. if not that, electricity restrictions.

i cant imagine a life under such control mechanisms as AI will enforce. i think its a disaster of greed. every human is being picked over to use for money making. even our washing machines are spying on us to sell our data….to pick over to see what we do, when…next will be telling us when to do what.

boys take time to mature. i see you posted a progressed chart but thats not any help. that may cover events happening but not foundation level characteristics.

jupiter in cancer in 2nd. perfect for professional baking! thats what chemical engineering is really! and trines sun venus….

i like his saturn trine mercury neptune….will make dreams come true.

let him dream!

Last edited:

JUPITERASC

Here is his natal chart. Thanks to BlackStar & Outlook for your new inputs.
This post was from a few years ago. Now, he will be graduating with a bachelor in chemical engineering, and just got an offer from one of the very top companies in semiconductor industry with ok to decent salary, but he may not go.

The problem is that he never heeded my advice (partially based on my astrology knowledge) to switch over computer science (CS) for software, or apply as a CS major. He did take so many CS classes that he is almost qualified as any CS major. Because of the terrible CS job market, he may be going for a master's degree in CS for another two years. Without an actual CS degree, it's very tough to find any jobs in CS right now.
H1O is ruled by JUPITER
JUPITER is Exalted in CANCER :)

He is into AI, NLP (or ChatGPT-related) stuffs, etc. His school research is all in this area currently.
index.php

On the side, he is an emerging musician. His music composition is over 100+ pages of music sheets. I love his composed music, which is instrumental/new age category. He did those mostly on his own, with few resources here and there. If he has spare time, he plays piano and compose.
I think he will turn out alright, despite the potential delay IF he continues his pursuit in CS. Now, I'm more worried about my second son.
Transiting SATURN is within orb of PISCES SUN on the displayed chart
& conjuncts natal Venus FEBRUARY 2024

astro_novice

Yes,
H1O is ruled by JUPITER
JUPITER is Exalted in CANCER :)

index.php

Transiting SATURN is within orb of PISCES SUN on the displayed chart
& conjuncts natal Venus FEBRUARY 2024

Yes, that Saturn square his AC, conjuncting his Sun took out some eight friends of his, and they "bullied" him by deserting him socially and completely. The second and third transit apparently coincided with two family vacations and I finally gave him some lessons on money for the third transit on AC/Sun, so that he can be more financially responsible going forward. I told him explicitly that if I don't teach him some lessons now, I am afraid that in another 7N years, he will repeat the same lessons if he hasn't learned in his life.

His Saturn conjuncting Venus will come shortly. I may heard his stories from my wife later.

astro_novice

Yes,

Yes, that Saturn square his AC, conjuncting his Sun took out some eight friends of his, and they "bullied" him by deserting him socially and completely. The second and third transit apparently coincided with two family vacations and I finally gave him some lessons on money for the third transit on AC/Sun, so that he can be more financially responsible going forward. I told him explicitly that if I don't teach him some lessons now, I am afraid that in another 7N years, he will repeat the same lessons if he hasn't learned in his life.

His Saturn conjuncting Venus will come shortly. I may heard his stories from my wife later.
I remember two N ago or about 13 to 14 years, I didn't know any astrology and had Uranus transit opposite to my Moon, and gave a hard time to both of my kids, both experiencing Saturn adverse transits.
This time, I observed him and myself as well. I held myself back and missed acting out on his second Saturn hit, and I almost missed the third hit, but I finally realized that his Saturn is ME again. Just hope that he did learn the lesson that was needed.