A Medical Astrology Primer

Claire19

I wonder how many will bother to read this very long screed??:tongue:

However I have a 6th house stellium and very interested in alternative medicines such as herbal remedies and I have certification in these. I have Pluto there and the Sun in Leo. I also have a stellium in the 8th house with sextiles from the 6th to there. I have a Scorpio MC as well.
I believe in the mind, spirit, body connection and have a great interest and much material on Medical astrology. THis is a field that requires great caution with diagnosis and cure. I would recommend A T Mann "Astrology and the Art of Healing." :smile:

Ingrid Naimann has a good website and her theories on cancer are very interesting.

lillyjgc

Senior Member, Educational board Editor
I wonder how many will bother to read this very long screed??

2,234 have viewed it and I personally thought it was excellent.
Claire, I have nothing in h6, but am a qualified practitioner in the following areas:
Reflexology, Remedial Massage,Reiki Master, Bach Flower Remedies.

Venus is my sixth house ruler. Venus is in Scorpio in h11 sextile my mars in h1 and my Mc which is in Virgo-the natural ruler of h6.
I started at Uni studying to be a vet, but due to a scholarship option I changed to Literature. Both those trends are relected in my chart, but not by h6 placements.
Cheers
Lilly

Claire19

I wonder how many will bother to read this very long screed??

2,234 have viewed it and I personally thought it was excellent.
Claire, I have nothing in h6, but am a qualified practitioner in the following areas:
Reflexology, Remedial Massage,Reiki Master, Bach Flower Remedies.

Venus is my sixth house ruler. Venus is in Scorpio in h11 sextile my mars in h1 and my Mc which is in Virgo-the natural ruler of h6.
I started at Uni studying to be a vet, but due to a scholarship option I changed to Literature. Both those trends are relected in my chart, but not by h6 placements.
Cheers
Lilly
Venus in Scorpio and MC Virgo....I see. So what is your Mercury doing as ruler of the MC??
I also have certification in Bach Flower Remedies and Australian Bush Essences. Also nutrition and aromatherapy. Most of my studies I undertook on my Saturn Returns and with Saturn conjunct Mercury in the 6th, not surprising. Plus the Mercury conjunct Pluto and sextiling Mars Venus and Neptune.:happy: I am interested in reflexology and Iridology and am considering study in these areas. I have tried to get a business going, with a website and advertising etc but to no avail. I dont need the money and I guess I have not been hungry enough, to pursue it professionally but do a lot of free consultations and this gives me satisfaction.

Tham

Hi Starlink.
Pluto is on 6.08 Leo, that correlates to Ebertin's eyesight....but not exactly to what I had been taught. Maybe if I had only seen things more clearly when I was younger, I would never have needed the glasses I have worn since I was 18. :)

Only last week I saw a chart in which the individual suffered from abdominal cancer. Pluto was on 8 Virgo....spot on for Ebertin's abdominal cavity.

Frisiangal

6 Leo conjuncts Praesepe, the M44 "beehive" star cluster
that is known fo affect eyesight.

http://www.constellationsofwords.com/stars/Praesaepe.html

http://www.angelfire.com/empire/serpentis666/Degrees.html

My Uranus is there. Together with Saturn at 26 Sagittarius
where the Galactic Center and Aculeus/Acumen is, I'm ready
for glaucoma and cataracts, which my late mum had.

http://www.constellationsofwords.com/stars/Aculeus.html

http://www.constellationsofwords.com/stars/Acumen.html

I've observed that in most cases, Ebertin's isn't accurate,
but when it is, it's spot on, like you said.

There was an Indian guy in the Skyscript forum whose nephew
had congenital diabetes, and one of his malefic planets was
right on the degree which Ebertin gave for "head of pancreas".

venusia

Losts of health problems with saturn retro

Has anyone been affected so much with health problems as I have? I have saturn transiting my 6th house. I have virgo there as ruler and saturn is currently retrograding. I have had all these little ailments pop up as of last year in June and this past month was very bad. Could all this be saturn's work? Saturn is natally in my 2nd house..... Please let me know ...

thank you :)

Attachments

• transit.gif
    transit.gif
    5.1 KB · Views: 164
Last edited:

venusia

Hello Jeremy,

I have been reading this thread and was wondering if you could look at the my chart that I have previously posted. I have natal pluto in my sixth house. How will that affect my health? I have had a lot of issues now that saturn has been in my 6th and conjuncted my pluto. I went through very bad stress, anxiety, and other issues for the past months. I will be buying the books that you guys have written about on this site because I believe in natural healing instead of taking pills. Well thanks for your help..... VENUSIA

Frisiangal

Re: Losts of health problems with saturn retro

Has anyone been affected so much with health problems as I have? I have saturn transiting my 6th house. I have virgo there as ruler and saturn is currently retrograding. I have had all these little ailments pop up as of last year in June and this past month was very bad. Could all this be saturn's work? Saturn is natally in my 2nd house..... Please let me know ...

thank you :)

Hi Venusia,
You may not receive a reply to your recent posts here because this thread is a 'sticky'.....more medically astrological informational than deductional of a disorder.
You may do better to post a separate thread on the med. board.
I was unable to open the chart you posted on this thread when clicking on the image:sad:.

venusia

Re: Losts of health problems with saturn retro

Thank you for your reply... no wonder I was getting no replies. I'll post it in the med. board :)

Claire19

For health aspects we look at the 1st house planets, signs, ruler and where it is as well as our 6th house influences. That is all. It is all being made very complicated and ranging all over the chart and certain degrees etc???. Not on.

We can look at the 12th house for conception and the influences that naturally start there. Sometimes we can look at the Moon and its influence for hereditary factors and the Sun for the male influence. But they have to marry up with the ascendant and the 6th house in some way.

Claire19

Hello Jeremy,

I have been reading this thread and was wondering if you could look at the my chart that I have previously posted. I have natal pluto in my sixth house. How will that affect my health? I have had a lot of issues now that saturn has been in my 6th and conjuncted my pluto. I went through very bad stress, anxiety, and other issues for the past months. I will be buying the books that you guys have written about on this site because I believe in natural healing instead of taking pills. Well thanks for your help..... VENUSIA
Can you post a natal chart with the progressions and transits?
I have Saturn Pluto in the 6th also and good on you for going the natural way. I am a natural therapist, no surprise with a 6th house stellium.
Digestive problems can arise with you and diet needs to be looked at and reformed as well as exercise regimes. However I need your chart before further comment. Saturn is the planet of chronic ailments, bone problems and can be kicked off at our Saturn returns. Pluto deals with eliminative processes, bowels, anus, etc., sexual organs and sometimes tumours there. However for Cancer to develop we need at least three aspects and this is not a subject that can be casually diagnosed online. You need to take any advice with a pinch of salt as we are not all medical astrologers. Some are on the way of course. You know who I mean.

Last edited:

Claire19

I'm a beginner but the information is marvellous. Gonna stay subscribed for details.
Did I recommend A T Mann's book on astrology and healing?? It is very good although not perfectly comprehensive. It delineates every degree of the zodiac and what body part it rules. The combination of aspects. etc. Medical astrology is one of my main interests as a healer.

Frisiangal

Can you post a natal chart with the progressions and transits?
........... However I need your chart before further comment.
.................. You need to take any advice with a pinch of salt as we are not all medical astrologers. Some are on the way of course. You know who I mean.

Claire,
Did you notice that VENUSIA's post is almost 2 years old??
The influences are long past and any effects realised.:sad:

dr. farr

Did I recommend A T Mann's book on astrology and healing?? It is very good although not perfectly comprehensive. It delineates every degree of the zodiac and what body part it rules. The combination of aspects. etc. Medical astrology is one of my main interests as a healer.

I have also found the Mann book of much reference value in this field.

secret

Concerning Medical Astrology which chart is recommended for study and posting in asking for help, Natal with transits, progressions with transits or Solar return with transits ??

Thank you for your advice

dr. farr

Fundamentally the natal, plus extensions of the natal (ie transits, directions, progressions)
Solar Return can also be highly significant (for comparison with the natal) But event charts (called "decumbitures") for the time an illness started (if known), or when an accident occured, or (sometimes) when the illness was first diagnosed, can be significant as well.
Horary (particularly as developed in contemporary continental Europe) can often be of much value as well.