can astrology predict death?

RishiRahul

While it is not always possible to accurately predict death through astrology, it is easier predicting it with the collective use of astrology, numerology & especially palmistry.

The latter is used for aarriving at special landmark timings. The latter also betrays specific signals for parental death....

Added to this the spouses and the children's hand photos and charts help to specify & confirm the death accurately.

Yes, it is a tedious process, no doubt.

RishiRahul

nagarajtagore

Astrology cannot accurately predict death as an event, however there are various times in life called “Crisis Periods” when events are more likely to happen. These occur at Stage 1, Stage 4, Stage 7, and Stage 10 of the cycles. Crisis periods of different planets can occur at the same time - thus tending to force change.

Astrology can indicate when an intense or transformational experience is likely to occur, but not necessarily narrow it down to actual death. In fact, one time I had a client who needed to tell her very independent-minded father it was time to go into assisted living and she wondered when it might be a good time to do so. I advised her of a time when it looked as if he would undergo a transformation and perhaps be more receptive to her advice. As it turned out, he died at that time, surprising us both.

Many situations that meant death a century or more ago are no longer fatal due to intervention by modern medicine. There are several experiences that change your life, yet narrowing them down specifically is not always possible, though in retrospect you can always see it. Yoda’s comment in “The Empire Strikes Back” when he tells Luke “Always in motion the future is” comes to mind. At one time astrology was considered deterministic when the prevailing philosophy at the time denied free will, but not so much in modern times.
:whistling:

Cary2

Banned
The great astrologer C.E.O. (Charles) Carter predicted his death rather publicly and very accurately, but he was of advanced years.

Generally I agree that it is unethical to predict death even if the client asks for that specifically. I would not predict death for a client who demanded to know. I have researched death as astrological retrodiction, which I'm sure Charles Carter did, but the conclusion is this: You can predict perhaps five or so days in a person's life when death is more likely than other days, and death will probably occur on one of the five days. They will be rather far apart generally. In my research, that seems to be the conclusion. I did it when I was testing all the methods of prediction to my satisfaction, and I did it using deceased natives with accurate birth data. I myself have survived a couple of these.

I made an exception to this rule once. A close friend of mine requested an interpretation. I saw that his father would probably die soon. I agonized over the issue. I feel that if a person knows in advance, virtually on the cusp of the event, then that person may be very grateful in retrospect to know of an impending death so they can spend quality time with that parent. Many people have a much sharper grief if the death is sudden and unexpected because they didn't get to say goodbye, and they didn't get to express love.

I told my friend that I agonized over the issue and decided to tell him the grim prediction so he could spend quality time with his father and express the finer human emotions that we would love to express to a parent before passing. I gave the disclaimer that I might be wrong, and if I was wrong, then his father would probably not die anytime soon. Obviously I was pretty sure he would. I told my friend, "If your father does not die in the next two years, then I don't think he will die anytime soon."

He died a few months later. He died suddenly of a heart attack while he was together with his family. I believe it was ethical and humane under those circumstances with the disclaimer attached. I have not regretted it. My friend did not express resentment at the prediction. I don't know if he connected with his difficult father; he didn't share that with me. I'm sure I would have regretted my silence if I had not shared my knowledge with my close friend, because I felt the responsibility of knowing the future in a way that might help the situation.

Last edited:

waybread

The best plan is to spend quality time now with people you care about. The time spent with most dying people is something most family members and close friends feel the need to do when they can, but it is no substitute for quality time spent when they are in good or better health. A person near death may be barely conscious. One cannot think that they will somehow make up for neglect of an ill or aged parent, for example, simply by rolling up at the hospice room in the hospital.

Now is the time to get one's finances in order.

Now is the time to tell everyone you love that you love them.

For every C. Carter who got the prediction right, a lot of them got it wrong. Richard Houck, who wrote a book on death prediction in astrology, being a major example.

greybeard

Houck's book never draws a conclusion. It offers some possibilities, no more.

Kepler, some 25 years ahead of the fact, predicted Wallenstein's death within the month.

waybread

mathur_dinesh

There are two aspects to the issue-whether the knowledge base contains theory and methods to predict death, and whether somebody has successfully predicted death.
Insofar as Vedic astrology is concerned both the issues can be answered in the affirmative. Any reasonably read Vedic astrologer will refer you to a large mass of knowledge on the subject. I can personally vouch having seen cases in which the astrologer has predicted death of the individual once he was satisfied that such a prediction will be good for the family. Astrologers working in population groups are regularly so consulted and predictions are given.
Certainly no frivolous request will be entertained though.
If we base our discussion on disbelief then the discussion will ever remain inconclusive; but why should there be disbelief.

Last edited:

JUPITERASC

There are two aspects to the issue-whether the knowledge base contains theory and methods to predict death, and whether somebody has successfully predicted death.
Insofar as Vedic astrology is concerned both the issues can be answered in the affirmative. Any reasonably read Vedic astrologer will refer you to a large mass of knowledge on the subject. I can personally vouch having seen cases in which the astrologer has predicted death of the individual once he was satisfied that such a prediction will be good for the family. Astrologers working in population groups are regularly so consulted and predictions are given.
Certainly no frivolous request will be entertained though.

If we base our discussion on disbelief
then the discussion will ever remain inconclusive; but
why should there be disbelief.
Westerners tend to scoff at astrology and regard it as "fairground entertainment"
so
although astrology requires serious study/reading
many prefer short-cuts :smile:
- after only a few seconds of astrological newspaper predictions "study"
suddenly declare themselves "an astrologer"
and it's legal

fact is
astrology aka method may predict death
BUT
astrologers are not necessarily competent to do so

mathur_dinesh

This puts the issue in a new perspective. For an Indian like me astrology is a serious business and many competent astrologers can be found in this country even today. It is not a frivolous business and it is certainly not for titillation.
To say that predictions of death have failed in the past is like saying that the doctor had failed to diagnose the disease correctly. Failure covers all professions so does success. The argument that some aspects of human life are ‘predictable’ and others are not only shows lacunae in our knowledge.

CapAquaPis

Personally, I want to forecast when my own death comes, not tell others who may be uncomfortable with exploration of such a dark, morbid or taboo topic. Americans are very uneasy about the subject matter of death and dying, and globally, humans have a natural instinct in wanting to be alive for a long time. The developed world's average life span is in our 70s and 80s in this millennia.

The crisis cycles in astrology are the "cycle Moon" 4th and 10th, "Pluto" 1st and 8th and "Saturn" 7th and 11th houses, based on the 7 traditional or observable planets, then comes the addition of the darkest and most malefic planet Pluto. Each house in the life cycle on our natal chart is 6 or alternatively, 7 years long. The 5th house or ruled by Leo (our 20s like the 4th) is oddly our peak of youth.

The Moon rules Cancer and influences Leo and Capricorn; Pluto and Mars rules Scorpio and Aries; and Pluto influences Capricorn with Mars for Leo; and Saturn rules Capricorn and Aquarius, and influences Libra. Many humans in this age can live to the age 72-84 or the 12th house or cycles Neptune or Jupiter in the sign Pisces. It's obvious just as many humans' life spans are up to ages 66-78.

Throughout world history, infant mortality and childhood diseases claimed many young lives, the 1st house signifies of the then high risk of death before ages 6-7 before vaccinations and medical advancements in the 20th and now, early 21st centuries. And many males fought, were killed or survived with injury in numerous wars, as well women had a risk of death and injury during childbirth.

And finally, the 8th house is the most cursed and deadliest on our natal charts. Both the 7th and 8th houses represents middle age (ages 40-60) in our life cycles. Stress from work or careers can take a toll on many of us physically and psychology. The risk of death is lower in 9th after we voluntarily retire. And a lower risk of death in 2nd, 3rd, 6th and even 12th is based on many life factors.

JUPITERASC

This puts the issue in a new perspective.

For an Indian like me astrology is a serious business
and many competent astrologers can be found in this country even today.

It is not a frivolous business and it is certainly not for titillation.
To say that predictions of death have failed in the past is like saying that the doctor had failed to diagnose the disease correctly. Failure covers all professions so does success. The argument that some aspects of human life are ‘predictable’ and others are not only shows lacunae in our knowledge.
Astrology is serious - in past times westerners were astrologers as well as herbalists
today westerners embrace modern allopathic "magic bullet medicine"
consigning astrology to the dustbin of western History :smile:
and thus
unsurprisingly
priceless artefacts are thrown out as trash

today
practitioners of the ancient art of astrology
so far as Westerners are concerned
are regarded by the public mind
as superstitious/unscientific/misguided ignoramuses

Cary2

Banned
I don't think it is something in the water or something in the air or something attached to the motherland of one patriot or another. In the end, it's got to pass the test.

JUPITERASC

It's all come from Middle East though, just saying. :whistling:
Hyleg and Alcocoden Medieval astrology
OMNISPHERICUS thread discussion on this topic
is at https://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=46808

02-14-2012, 12:38 PM
Omnisphericus
user_offline.gif

Hyleg and Alcocoden
This conversation here
http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum...ad.php?t=46232
inspired me to open a thread were I/we would try to say more about this medieval technique of the "Giver of Life" (Hyleg) and the "Giver of Years" (Alcocoden), which according to the medieavls should give the amount of years of life to the native.

I will try firstly to give the example of the Hyleg and Alcocoden in the chart of the recently died pop diva Whitney Houston.

But first lets see what is Hyleg and Alcocoden.

Here is what Bernadettte Brady says about H & A:
Quote:
The Hyleg is a planet in the chart that fulfils certain conditions. Once found, it
signifies that life is present. Generally the planet’s individual nature does not reflect
on the quality of this life force, but the presence of a Hyleg tells the astrologer that life
is granted to the horoscope. The astrologer will then look for the planet, which has a
certain relationship to the Hyleg, and this planet is called the Alcoccoden. The duty of
the Alcoccoden is to allocate the years or length of life. If there is no Hyleg in a chart,
there can be no Alcoccoden.
So, Hyleg and Alcocoden are showing the Vital Life Force of the native. They show how much years in life do you have according to the 'Esse' or the condition of your body and soul. With the modern medicine it seems out that this Esse is prolonged, but we will see how in the case of Whitney Houston this is almost exact.
If the nativity dies from a serial killer, or a car accident H & A does not count, they do not show the accidents, they show the condition of the body and soul and accordingly how much years one have.

Here is the summary of the planets and points which can be potential Hylegs:

Quote:
In Day charts, we’re looking for the:
• Sun above the horizon in a masculine quarter (11th or 10th), or
• Sun above the horizon in a feminine quarter (7th, 9th) in a masculine sign, or
• Moon below the horizon in a feminine quarter (4th, 5th), or
• Moon below the horizon in a masculine quarter (1st, 2nd, 3rd) in a feminine sign

In Night charts, we’re looking for the:
• Moon above the horizon in a feminine quarter (9th, 7th), or
• Moon above the horizon in a masculine quarter (10th, 11th) in a feminine sign, or
• Sun below the horizon in a masculine quarter (1st, 2nd), or
• Sun below the horizon in a feminine quarter (4th or 5th) in a masculine sign

Potential hylegs are the Sun, Moon, Part of Fortune, Asc and SAN. Or instead of using
the PoF, Asc and SAN itself, you are to take the Lord of the place or the Almuten of the
place. Some instructions advise you to look for the Almuten of all these places.
As a general rule, the potential Hyleg must aspect at least one of its dignity rulers.
Ptolemy appears to be the only exception in this, preferring a planet with two or more
dignities and no aspect over a planet in aspect with only one dignity.
Alchabitius rejected the Moon as hyleg if she was under the Sun’s beams. Heliodorus
rejected any planet as hyleg if it was USB (under the sun beams)

The Hyleg is the giver of life. Once it is found, we need to look for the Alcochoden
or giver of years.

(taken from the group Angelicus Merlin).

Lets take the example of Whitney Houston.

Her chart is a night chart so we first look for a potential Hyleg in the Moon.
Moon is under the Horizon in a night chart, so it can not be Hyleg.
Then we go to the Sun (in a day chart we first go with the Sun), the Sun is in cadent 6th house so it can not be Hyleg too.
Than we look at the Syzygy, or the last lunation prior the birth. In the Whitney's chart it was a Full Moon prior the birth so the chart is so called Preventional and we take the Pars Fortuna as potential Hyleg.
It is in 4th in Cancer.
We now look at the dispositors to see which dispositor takes the most dignity points at the degree in which the PoF is.
For that reason we take the dignity table, I will use here a table with triplicities according to Dorotheus and terms according to the egiptians.
Domicil ruler takes 5 points, exaltation ruler 4, triplicity ruler 3, term ruler 2 and face ruler 1 point.
Moon, domicil ruler = 5 points
Jupiter exaltation ruler 4 points
Mars, triplicity ruler 3 points
Venus, term ruler 2 points
Venus, face ruler 1 point.

Next we look if the Moon (as having the most points in that degree in which PoF is) is making some classical (conjunction, sextile, square, trine, opposition) aspect to the PoF. She is making a square to the Fortuna but it is in wide orbs (although in the moiety). Jupiter is out of orb. Venus is not in aspect. Mars is making a partile (exact) aspect to the PoF and we will take him instead of the Moon (because it is in partile aspect).

So, Part Of Fortune is a Hyleg in Whitney's chart and Mars is Alcocoden.

Next we look at the years table of the planets potential Alcocodens:

We see that the minor years of Mars are 15, Middle Years 40,5 and major years 66.
Mars is angular but in very week sign position (in Exile) so we will take its Middle years (40.5).
Next, we look at the aspects which Mars receives from the benefics and malefics.
If benefic aspects the Alcocoden with Con, sextile or trine adds its minor years as years and its middle years as months, weeks or days (according to the position in which lies).
If Malefic aspects the Alcocoden, subtract from the Alcocoden with its minor years and middle years as months, weeks or days.

Mars is aspecting the other malefic Saturn, but with trine (so this not subtract years because it is benevolent aspect).
Mars is making opposition with Jupiter but out of orb, and with opposition so this does not add to the years.
Mars is making a sextile to Venus and she can add her minor years.
So we add Venus' minor years (8), and her middle years as days (45), because she is cadent and combust. If she was in good position we would add her middle eyars as months.

So we have,
40.5years + 8years + 45 days = 48 years 7 months and 15 days.
Whitney lived 48 years 6 months and 2 days.

FraterAC

I demonstrated CEO Carter's method of predicting death (via Charles Jayne) in my analysis of Jayne Mansfield's untimely passing, here
In that rather exhaustive analysis (if I do say so myself) various other forecasting techniques are employed as well.