The Eclipse?

Ellipsis

Salutations! On Friday, October 18th from 7:30pm to 8:00pm EDT, I stood out of doors in a place named Bowling Green, Ohio and smiled (with mouth and eyes) at The Moon. I was looking at her in anticipation of an eclipse.

The happening never appeared to me, nor to my accompanying spouse.

What happened? Was I misinformed about the time and/or see-able locations of this holy event? Please let me know what you know, or sense, or believe, or whatnot.

Thank you!

kimbermoon

In my own years of experience of such events, I have learned to treat them with some restraint in making any mind blowing predictions or conclusions. They CAN represent important life-changing events at certain phases of the life, but not always; neither are they always recognized on the conscious level...often the changes happen from within, sometimes as a personal crisis, but more often than not on an emotional or psychic level, through increased awareness or understanding...this was a lunar eclipse, associated more directly with emotional or relational situations...also the date of the Eclipse does not always portend major events on that given day, since the influence can carry over from one eclipse cycle to the next. Often it requires a later triggering of that particular Hot Zone by another significant planetary transit. Much depends on the background personal cycles and transits accompanying the Eclipse, as well, and it's impact on the natal planetary placements; whatever planet is being triggered, must also be considered in terms of its natal applications [aspects, rulership. placement] to gain greater clarification. The interesting thing about transits is that they often are more reflective of your actions and reactions at any given time...rather than events happening outside yourself...

JUPITERASC

Salutations! On Friday, October 18th from 7:30pm to 8:00pm EDT, I stood out of doors in a place named Bowling Green, Ohio and smiled (with mouth and eyes) at The Moon. I was looking at her in anticipation of an eclipse.

The happening never appeared to me, nor to my accompanying spouse.

What happened? Was I misinformed about the time and/or see-able locations of this holy event? Please let me know what you know, or sense, or believe, or whatnot.

Thank you!
Skywatchers in Africa, Europe, western Asia, and Eastern parts of North and South America
had the chance to observe

PART of the southern portion of the moon
passing into Earth's penumbra
the planet's outer shadow

The eclipse watched by you and your husband was a PENUMBRAL eclipse

NOT a total eclipse :smile:

EXPLANATION OF TYPES OF LUNAR ECLIPSES
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lunar_eclipse

greybeard

You will get a chance to see a repeat performance (by popular demand) of the missed eclipse -- in the opposing degree of the zodiac -- this time total and visible from Bowling Green, at 1:45am (MDT) on 14 April 2014.

Moon will be in 26 Libra. At the same time there is a grand cross in Cardinal signs (Pluto 14 Capricorn, Jupiter 13 Cancer, Mercury-Uranus 14 Aries, Mars 17 Libra, and Moon-Sun on the 26th degree of Libra-Aries.) Moon is at 10 degrees South declination.