Will my reinjured neck ever heal?

I have been studying astrology for years, as well as my own chart. It's not an easy chart. There is a very difficult T-square involving Saturn/Uranus in my 6th house of health, Mercury in the 12th house, and Mars in the 10th (which is the apex).

Mars is conjunct my Midheaven, and nothing could be more true. I love powerlifting. I have been very strong during certain periods of time, even joining the thousand pound club. (This is when your squat, bench, and dead lift total over 1,000 lbs). I want to compete in powerlifting.

However, I suffer from strange chronic health problems which keep taking me out of the gym for long periods of time. You can see that I have Saturn, Uranus, and Neptune in my 6th house, and all afflicted. Indeed, my health injuries are chronic (Saturn), strange (Uranus), and difficult to diagnose (Neptune).

The worst injury that I ever had was a neck injury when I was 18. It took four years to heal. Tendons were torn and the inflammation impinged on nerves running down the injured right side of my body, causing winging of the scapula.

My neck was then fine for 10 years, until last month. I was massaging my neck where a nerve felt pinched and I reinjured it. My neck is stiff and swollen, and my scapula is winging again like it was when I was 18. I can't believe that the neck nightmare is back to torment me. I was able to lift heavy weights with no problem, but pushing my neck muscles around a little reinjured me. It makes no sense!

I was wondering if someone could look at my chart and tell me if and when this will ever end for me. I want to be a powerlifter in local competitions at the very least. I can't afford four years again for my neck to heal. It needs to heal in a year or two at the most. Do you see anything in upcoming transits that would indicate healing at some point?

Attached is my birth chart.

Attachments

• chart.jpg
    chart.jpg
    57.1 KB · Views: 39
Last edited:

Frisiangal

Hi,
If you have been studying astrology for years, why not take a look at the branch that deals with medical astrology? Every planet and sign (and Vedic astrology also implies houses) has rulership over the anatomy and physiology of the physical body.

The modern approach is that physical symptoms are a reflection of personal energy (planets) that is outwardly misused in its intent, by which it reverts inwards to affect the specific part of the body to which it is linked.

The neck area is ruled by Taurus,
the skeleton (e.g. bones and teeth) is ruled by Saturn,
the vertebrae are ruled by Uranus, with each individual vertebra under influence of a sign.
The scapula is influenced by Mercury.

I would associate weight-lifting other than as a Mars exercise, and the heaviness in its intent with Jupiter-Saturn.
Is it coincidence that there is a close inconjunct/quincunx (stress and strain)
aspect between Jupiter, ruler 6th house, in Taurus (!!) to the Saturn-Uranus conjunction in 6th house AND in Sagittarius.

Is it possible that the strain of the aspect in its lifting form could be too much (Jupiter) for a specific part of the physical body (Saturn-Uranus) to take, and this reflects in the re-injured neck (tr. Jupiter opening T-square AND retrograding on 27 Capricorn, plus tr. Uranus in Taurus).
Is it also possible that the strain upon the Sagttarian ruled leg muscles (27/28 Sagittarius) is insufficient to take the weight, forcing the neck to take it?

Is it also of coincidence that natal 12th house Mercury opposes Saturn-Uranus, and Neptune? Tr. Saturn is now inconjunct/quincunx natal Mercury.

I would disagree with you that Neptune represents those complaints that are 'difficult to diagnose'. Rather, Neptune can refer to that which is physically there but an individual prefers not to see as relevant.:wink:
I can understand that Mercury would like to think of seeing Neptune's dream given a reality of form (Capricorn) in one way or another, yet is such worth one's physical health?
Could it be that that which is impossible cannot always be made possible?

Mars rules the power in the muscles. In Pisces, a water sign, it would not seem to go with the necessity (outer planet influence)of physical strength, even if it can sweat profusely as a result. Yet the imaginative ability of a strong Cancer influence could produce the sight of miracles that intangible Neptune does not.

Perhaps the most important is a change of an old mindset that is no longer working to your advantage. If weight-lifting has become a manner that challenges another way of life difficult to cope with, the way to recovery of a physical injury could also lie in dealing with its mental/emotional counterpart.

:smile:

Hi,
If you have been studying astrology for years, why not take a look at the branch that deals with medical astrology? Every planet and sign (and Vedic astrology also implies houses) has rulership over the anatomy and physiology of the physical body.

The modern approach is that physical symptoms are a reflection of personal energy (planets) that is outwardly misused in its intent, by which it reverts inwards to affect the specific part of the body to which it is linked.

The neck area is ruled by Taurus,
the skeleton (e.g. bones and teeth) is ruled by Saturn,
the vertebrae are ruled by Uranus, with each individual vertebra under influence of a sign.
The scapula is influenced by Mercury.

I would associate weight-lifting other than as a Mars exercise, and the heaviness in its intent with Jupiter-Saturn.
Is it coincidence that there is a close inconjunct/quincunx (stress and strain)
aspect between Jupiter, ruler 6th house, in Taurus (!!) to the Saturn-Uranus conjunction in 6th house AND in Sagittarius.

Is it possible that the strain of the aspect in its lifting form could be too much (Jupiter) for a specific part of the physical body (Saturn-Uranus) to take, and this reflects in the re-injured neck (tr. Jupiter opening T-square AND retrograding on 27 Capricorn, plus tr. Uranus in Taurus).
Is it also possible that the strain upon the Sagttarian ruled leg muscles (27/28 Sagittarius) is insufficient to take the weight, forcing the neck to take it?

Is it also of coincidence that natal 12th house Mercury opposes Saturn-Uranus, and Neptune? Tr. Saturn is now inconjunct/quincunx natal Mercury.

I would disagree with you that Neptune represents those complaints that are 'difficult to diagnose'. Rather, Neptune can refer to that which is physically there but an individual prefers not to see as relevant.:wink:
I can understand that Mercury would like to think of seeing Neptune's dream given a reality of form (Capricorn) in one way or another, yet is such worth one's physical health?
Could it be that that which is impossible cannot always be made possible?

Mars rules the power in the muscles. In Pisces, a water sign, it would not seem to go with the necessity (outer planet influence)of physical strength, even if it can sweat profusely as a result. Yet the imaginative ability of a strong Cancer influence could produce the sight of miracles that intangible Neptune does not.

Perhaps the most important is a change of an old mindset that is no longer working to your advantage. If weight-lifting has become a manner that challenges another way of life difficult to cope with, the way to recovery of a physical injury could also lie in dealing with its mental/emotional counterpart.

Thanks for reading my post. The inconjunction and transit information was interesting. I know about the major aspects, but I need to look further into inconjunctions.

The only thing I want to clarify is that I was not lifting weights this time when I hurt myself. That is what makes it so strange and frustrating. I was able to lift heavy weights for years after my first injury healed, and I never had any issues. I reinjured my neck by pushing my neck muscles with my own hands, because I felt like I was starting to have a pinched nerve.

"Mars rules the power in the muscles. In Pisces, a water sign, it would not seem to go with the necessity (outer planet influence)of physical strength."

Are you saying that I will never be strong? I have been strong in the past, so I know that it is possible. John Cena has a similar chart (Cancer Rising, Pisces MC, Pisces Mars) and he is very strong. Here is his chart: https://www.astrotheme.com/astrology/John_Cena.

How long do you think it will take to recover this time? I think I will be okay in less than a year. My feeling is that this is mostly a badly pinched nerve situation. There is some swelling, but I doubt that it is hurt like the first time when I was actually lifting weights during the injury.

waybread

Slumber, I hesitate to engage in timing questions because I believe that people make choiices in life, and these choices affect future outcomes.

So one choice you might make, if you've not done so already, is to consult with your medical doctor. Another one is to consult with a physical therapist; ideally one who specializes in working on sports injuries.

You seem to think that your body will follow a schedule if you put it in your mental day-timer. But as you know, if an athlete pushes too hard, oftentimes he will experience injuries. Some of them lifelong.

What concerns me is that your chart has some classic indictors of sudden injuries: your big T-square involving Mars, Uranus-Saturn, and Mercury-Chiron.

If weight-lifting is something you love to do, it probably makes more sense to think of how you can do it safely throughout your life, rather than pushing too hard now to meet some short-term goals.

(Not what you wanted to hear, I know.....)

Frisiangal

"Mars rules the power in the muscles. In Pisces, a water sign, it would not seem to go with the necessity (outer planet influence)of physical strength."

Are you saying that I will never be strong? I have been strong in the past, so I know that it is possible.
No, I am not; only that Mars' energy could well be more advantageous when diverted in another direction.
Pisces is not a physical sign ; i.e. working within the realm of/with tangible substance and matter. It is better served in areas where its essence has purposes other than material.
There is a very strong water content in the chart. The water temperament lives through the guidance of motivation (Sun) from its strong feeling nature. What is yours?

John Cena has a similar chart (Cancer Rising, Pisces MC, Pisces Mars) and he is very strong. Here is his chart: https://www.astrotheme.com/astrology/John_Cena.

He is not you and vice versa. There is also a strong physical element (Taurus) apparent.
Every chart is of an individual nature. His incentives and motivations would lie in a comp[letely different direction to your own.

How long do you think it will take to recover this time? I think I will be okay in less than a year. My feeling is that this is mostly a badly pinched nerve situation. There is some swelling, but I doubt that it is hurt like the first time when I was actually lifting weights during the injury

A chart with the inclusion of secondary progressions and solar arc directions ( astro. com 's extended section - prognoses) would offer more information than transits to the natal chart alone.

Slumber, I hesitate to engage in timing questions because I believe that people make choiices in life, and these choices affect future outcomes.

So one choice you might make, if you've not done so already, is to consult with your medical doctor. Another one is to consult with a physical therapist; ideally one who specializes in working on sports injuries.

You seem to think that your body will follow a schedule if you put it in your mental day-timer. But as you know, if an athlete pushes too hard, oftentimes he will experience injuries. Some of them lifelong.

What concerns me is that your chart has some classic indictors of sudden injuries: your big T-square involving Mars, Uranus-Saturn, and Mercury-Chiron.

If weight-lifting is something you love to do, it probably makes more sense to think of how you can do it safely throughout your life, rather than pushing too hard now to meet some short-term goals.

Antonio Brown, LeSean McCoy, and Conor McGregor were all born the same week as me under the same T-square. None of them have suffered any major injuries, though Antonio and Conor have issues restraining their anger and LeSean McCoy has had a lot of small injuries. I understand that all charts are different, but the T-square itself was similar. Saturn in the 6th obviously wasn't helpful for me.

I just want to be clear again that my reinjury did not occur though weight lifting. I was able to lift weights safely for almost 10 years after my first injury healed. I had no restrictions. This is more of a freak accident that happened. Due to the fact that my neck has scar tissue from a previous injury, it will never be 100% symmetrical. I also had jaw surgery last year, so the muscles in my neck and jaw have been moved.

The only passion that I have is weight lifting. It's the one activity that brings me peace. There's no reason for me to be alive if I can't do it, so that right there is my motivation.

Last edited:
No, I am not; only that Mars' energy could well be more advantageous when diverted in another direction.
Pisces is not a physical sign ; i.e. working within the realm of/with tangible substance and matter. It is better served in areas where its essence has purposes other than material.
There is a very strong water content in the chart. The water temperament lives through the guidance of motivation (Sun) from its strong feeling nature. What is yours?

He is not you and vice versa. There is also a strong physical element (Taurus) apparent.
Every chart is of an individual nature. His incentives and motivations would lie in a comp[letely different direction to your own.

A chart with the inclusion of secondary progressions and solar arc directions ( astro. com 's extended section - prognoses) would offer more information than transits to the natal chart alone.

Yes, our incentives are different. He cares about wrestling--a silly fake sport--and I don't. I only care about powerlifting. It's still a Mars-related incentive. My chart being mostly water did not make me interested in art, writing, or creative pursuits. I am interested in exercise and fitness only. I really don't think the element matters as much as the planet near the MC. LeBron James is another example with his Pisces Mars and Pisces MC. Basketball is a sport, which falls under Mars. The element didn't matter.

There's nothing that I can do except wait and hope to heal. I will be safe and smart if that time comes. I know now that I have to be careful moving my own muscles around with my hands, due to the scar tissue.

waybread

I just Googled these guys, and, yes, they have had serious injuries.

Exactly my point is (as stated in my previous post)

I just Googled these guys, and, yes, they have had serious injuries.

Exactly my point is (as stated in my previous post)

Okay, I can see now that by serious injury, you don't necessarily mean one that ended their careers or crippled them forever. If you just mean a physical injury that temporarily stopped them from competing, then sure. Most fighters and most football players have suffered a handful of injuries. Some football players lose entire seasons at a time, and fighters are always getting injured, since it's part of their job. Overall, I don't disagree that being smart and safe is the way to remain healthy in the long run.