Signing Contract with Law Firm During this time leading up to Mercury Retrograde

bigpapa

Hi, this is my first post and I am trying to learn a lot still about everything..lot to digest.

I have an engagement agreement i need to sign with a law firm to represent me in a tax issue....the hearing is not until September, and the lawyer themselves said that they would probably not start prep until April... They have sent me the contracts to sign with an effective date of 1/31/2020, however, i just received it all, and now we are in the pre-phase or whatever its called of Mercury Retrograde.

Is it still ok to sign since its not "officially" retrograde, or should i wait until after March 10 to sign this since it wont really matter from their beginning work perspective?

Zora

Account Closed
Hi, this is my first post and I am trying to learn a lot still about everything..lot to digest.

I have an engagement agreement i need to sign with a law firm to represent me in a tax issue....the hearing is not until September, and the lawyer themselves said that they would probably not start prep until April... They have sent me the contracts to sign with an effective date of 1/31/2020, however, i just received it all, and now we are in the pre-phase or whatever its called of Mercury Retrograde.

Is it still ok to sign since its not "officially" retrograde, or should i wait until after March 10 to sign this since it wont really matter from their beginning work perspective?

It depends on your own chart - what houses are ruled by mercury.

Osamenor

Staff member
Best i can tell is mercury is in Gemini in my 8th house. I tried to upload my chart but don’t have an attachment option on my phone.

What degree of Gemini is your Mercury at? If it's between the first and twelfth degrees, t-Mercury will square it during this retrograde, having also squared it before the retrograde, and will come back to square it again after. That puts extra emphasis on Mercury things for you right now. That doesn't necessarily mean all Mercury things, including legal contracts, will go badly for you, but that does mean pay extra attention to them, and you might have to do some extra work to make them go well.

If your Mercury is later in Gemini, it won't get squared by t-Mercury til after the retrograde, and then only briefly. Not as much of an emphasis on Mercury things for you, but if this Mercury retrograde touches any of your other planets--by conjunction, square, or opposition--then their themes get some extra emphasis.

Mercury rules the houses that have their cusps in Gemini and Virgo. It sounds like that's your eighth and eleventh, unless your house cusps fall a bit differently. Neither of those houses has any particular association with contracts, but taxes are an eighth house matter. You won't necessarily get a better outcome by waiting for Mercury to go direct--if there are any problems with the contract, they won't magically disappear when Mercury is no longer retrograde--but you do need to pay extra attention to the terms of the contract, ensure that it's clear, and that it works for you.

If this tax issue is something that you're revisiting, a Mercury retrograde touching your eighth house is actually perfect timing to get the ball rolling on it. Mercury retrograde is about return and redo. If something wasn't done right the first time, and that something relates to the themes of Mercury and/or its house(s), the best opportunities to go back and fix it come with Mercury retrograde.

Last edited: