How does Mercury retrograde affect you?

Opal

Premium Member
yes, it is messing with me. I made a banking error online. trying to sort that out now. On hold, with bad music, alas the cruel punishment of bad music. I have sent pm's that didn't send. 8 more days. :unsure:

Osamenor

Staff member
Another Mercury retrograde, another chance to observe.

My sister came for a visit on the first day of it. It was a surprise to me. She'd sort of mentioned it, but I didn't know until she showed up that it was a solid plan for these dates.

This retrograde takes place entirely in my second house Placidus, but it started (and still is) in my third house whole sign.

david starling

Transiting Merc is exactly conj my Natal Mars in H1 Whole-sign. I'm being careful not to get distracted from necessary Saturnian business. Takes willpower, and since I much prefer "go with the flow", it's uncomfortable!

Last edited:

Roks

It just comes around and changes my perspective in the area in which house the retrograde is happening. The previous retrograde happened in the 1st house.I totally changed my thinking on how I present myself to the world. Now it's happening in the 4nd house so we will see. Also it's gonna conjunct uranus on 25th i think

Osamenor

Staff member
This retrograde seems to be a big time for suddenly seeing people again, for me. I work in a space that's open to the public and free to enter (think library, park, rec center), and the other day, when I was at work, someone who was just hanging out there suddenly called to me, "Hey, don't I know you from (name of community group I belong to)?" Turned out it was someone who'd been part of the group years ago, but not involved since.

Ukpoohbear

Yesterday I woke up to blood coming out of my ceiling...

blood.jpg

It wasn't blood but that was my first thought. After staring for a few seconds kinda scared I googled 'red drops in ceiling' and it apparently comes from the colour of nails. I phoned the landlord and at first they said they would see me in a couple of weeks and to phone back if it gets any worse. Well I asked how much worse would it have to get if there are red drops forming in the ceiling. I don't know if she didn't believe me but she didn't even say she was leaving and she passed the phone to a man who said he would be over when I told him.

He checked and said he was glad I phoned, the next stage would have been a bubble forming and then the ceiling collapsing. He went upstairs to see the neighbour above who turned out to be an old alcoholic who had noticed the floor being squishy but just ignored it. They even advised him to leave his house for the wknd and talked about phoning the hospital because he was refusing to leave but they just turned off the water in his flat and left him. Turned out to be a burst pipe or something.

If that was not bad enough, the man who visited started asking me if I was single and saying I was in good shape and asking where my family was and how long I had been single. The he returned and sat down to speak with me and when the lady phoned him on his mobile he lied and said he was waiting for her in the communal corridor. He asked me if I ever went on Tinder, I said no because they're only after one thing and he gave me his business card and said to text him and let him know how I was if I wanted. PFFFFFF.

Moondancing

Premium Member
Spilled a coffee on my laptop and thought it was toast. Did horary to see how bad the damage was and with a Gemini asc. Mercury rules. It was in terrible shape also being combust with the Sun. Moon was VOC and seems to hold true and nothing has come of the matter and the laptop is working fine. Mercury is coming closer to the Sun and I wonder if I'll start experiencing problems then.

MD

david starling

Spilled a coffee on my laptop and thought it was toast. Did horary to see how bad the damage was and with a Gemini asc. Mercury rules. It was in terrible shape also being combust with the Sun. Moon was VOC and seems to hold true and nothing has come of the matter and the laptop is working fine. Mercury is coming closer to the Sun and I wonder if I'll start experiencing problems then.

MD

If spilling coffee on it didn't speed it up, try some Red Bull! :lol:

conspiracy theorist

Some stereotypical Merc Rx events that have happened in my life thus far:

- Timely plumbing problems
- A systems change at work that has resulted in a lot of hiccups both internally and externally
- A chance encounter with an old friend. I couldn't get her contact in time because I was in a moving car and I didn't have a phone to record her number while she rushed to tell me.

Definitely not confirmation bias in any of these cases. But also not enough to get my bugout bag and head for the hills until the transit is all over.

Blaze

Account Closed
Ah, Pisces Merc rx. It should be a time of issues, but surprisingly, it hasn't. Perhaps this is due to reception between the square of Gemini and Pisces. Mercury enjoys the square, I'd say.

Noticeable events,

-Writing is going well. Exceptionally so, I should add. An old publishing company I was in talks with contacted me and we've a meeting this coming Wed.

-Drunken party mates from my uni days have also popped up on occasion. Pisces is my 11th house, so I suppose that is to be expected.

-Slipped in the shower, though I doubt Mercury caused that. It doesn't see my Mars or Moon. Then again, it does sextile my ascendant.

Other than that, I've also had frequent headaches since the square started.

clearly

Banned
It's In my 5th house<br />
I know what u want to say but say other things<br />
arguments with an friend of mine<br />
Forget many things<br />
I don't want write much<br />
<br />
It trines my ac and Pluto in scorpio and Sextil my Saturn, Uranus and neptun in 3rd house<br />
<br />8
Speculation gone bad

Since I have not much to do on work I get less money

But I don't know if that is jupiter opposing my Mars, ruler of 6th

Every life area-job, friends, love life is not going good but I think think this is Pluto opposing Mars

Luckily Saturn transit trine natal mercury is helping me to have patience

Last edited:

AppLeo

Personally, I've noticed nothing when mercury goes retrograde.

Possibly because I don't pay much attention to my communication troubles or because the communication problems are too minor for me to consider them obstacles.

Right now, Mercury is transiting my second house and I can't check the balance in my account right now because the app is being dumb. But then again, the app does this frequently even when mercury is direct, so... And I'm sure the app will start working again in like an hour or so.

AppLeo

However, when I think about it... My internet won't connect to my video game console to play mkwii and it's freaking annoying! I got an adapter to try ethernet, I called the people at the tech place to activate my port and it took them forever for them to actually connect; I had to email them multiple times and even call them only for me to submit an application that took even more time; I spent all this money for an ethernet cord and adapter, and hooked up the cords after rearranging my room and STILL, there's always a communication error. The game literally says communication error when it fails to connect. Really dissapointing...

However, when mercury goes direct, I think the game will continue to not work because the school internet is not made to work with a third party server and an old game from 2008.

From this, I would say that Mercury retrograde signifies certain communications that are absolutely doomed for now and in the future, rather than mercury retrograde being a period of general incommunicado.

Moondancing

Premium Member
My son has spent the last couple days rebuilding his computer only to turn it on and it wouldn't start. He was getting increasingly angry as his searching for the problems got him nowhere. Because Mars was aspecting Mercury/Sun I felt he would find the solution, which he did. The problem was the new water cooling radiator fan, it draws so much power it left little to start the computer. :)