How does Mercury retrograde affect you?

conspiracy theorist

A major reason why this Merc Rx is such an eventful time for me, is because it is contextualized by my progressed chart being in a new Moon phase (Moon is now 1 degree away from Sun) as well as that Moon edging into a new sign. The events brought about by this transit are in service to a larger renewal period, and not just the regular mischief that it seems to signify when not in tandem with bigger directions going on in the life.

david starling

A major reason why this Merc Rx is such an eventful time for me, is because it is contextualized by my progressed chart being in a new Moon phase (Moon is now 1 degree away from Sun) as well as that Moon edging into a new sign. The events brought about by this transit are in service to a larger renewal period, and not just the regular mischief that it seems to signify when not in tandem with bigger directions going on in the life.

Which natal-house is Merc Rx currently transiting in your chart?

conspiracy theorist

Which natal-house is Merc Rx currently transiting in your chart?

The 8th, and it will station 4 degrees outside of the 7th house on the 1st of August. Themes around debts, finances, contractual agreements, and broader issues around what you are willing to sacrifice in order to gain, and how that invites an intimacy/closeness that isn't necessarily desirable for the parties involved.

Last edited:

Ukpoohbear

I personally find not being liked is done by the ones that don’t appreciate or respect you. If you take no bs and there’s only a few ppl that still like you well that’s enough and you carry on taking no bs. There’s no balance in being respected ✊ boundaries yes

Yeah boundaries are important, which is not just about respecting other people’s boundaries but letting them know yours too. And you know, despite the coworkers I’m having issues with, there are definitely some coworkers that have stood out as still being nice to me and not being bitchy, so those are the ones to appreciate. And the ones who are being bitchy it’s good to be an ******* so they stay away!

Chrysalis

Okay mercury retrograde be over with now....not long left.

Had some selling trouble on ebay. Bidder won the item 3 days ago, still nothing through paypal, until i looked into this further as it said buyer initiated payment on the 24th the day the bid ended, but ive still nothing in my paypal account. Until i finally realized today, my email on ebay (for some unknown reason) was an old email address, different to my paypal one.....hence payment not going through.

This is still on ongoing process in getting this sorted out :annoyed:

Teach

Banned
Mercury retrograde affects me in this way:

I can get irritated, or speechless. Sometimes I get distracted in my head, or slightly confused about things.

Sometimes I lose stuff but it can be usually be brought back in some way.
I think I cannot travel well with mercury retrograde

Mercury retrograde can also lead to slight illness,

etcetera

Eanahsti

I was born having mercury in retrograde 😭 so normally, I think a lot before talking because my speaking isn’t so great when having to talk on the spot. Well, I have other placements that affect my speaking too. Such as mercury in Capricorn in the 12th and Saturn in Gemini in the 5th. Which overall means when it is creative writing time, my brain cells fry.

Osamenor

Staff member
I was born having mercury in retrograde 😭 so normally, I think a lot before talking because my speaking isn’t so great when having to talk on the spot. Well, I have other placements that affect my speaking too. Such as mercury in Capricorn in the 12th and Saturn in Gemini in the 5th. Which overall means when it is creative writing time, my brain cells fry.

And how do you find transiting Mercury retrograde periods to work for you? This topic is about Mercury retrograde by transit.

The common wisdom is that people born during Mercury retrograde find Mercury retrograde periods to go the best for them. That's when the world is vibing on their plane. Do you find that to be true for you?

david starling

And how do you find transiting Mercury retrograde periods to work for you? This topic is about Mercury retrograde by transit.

The common wisdom is that people born during Mercury retrograde find Mercury retrograde periods to go the best for them. That's when the world is vibing on their plane. Do you find that to be true for you?

I have Merc retro. I think I'm naturally inclined not to expect everything to run smoothly, so I'm not taken by surprise when that's not the case.
I can easily relate to the term "SNAFU"(Situation Normal, All Fouled Up) as a standard description of life on planet Earth. :biggrin:

Here's a joke I found amusing: When everything is going perfectly well, don't be frightened. It does happen occasionally, and doesn't mean the world is coming to an end. :lol:

Eanahsti

That’s a definite yes, when I go to cashier registers during mercury retrograde, I speak clearly, as in I don’t stutter often. But transits only tell me that I’m not smart so I don’t pay attention to it lol.

Eanahsti

I have Merc retro. I think I'm naturally inclined not to expect everything to run smoothly, so I'm not taken by surprise when that's not the case.
I can easily relate to the term "SNAFU"(Situation Normal, All Fouled Up) as a standard description of life on planet Earth. :biggrin:

Here's a joke I found amusing: When everything is going perfectly well, don't be frightened. It does happen occasionally, and doesn't mean the world is coming to an end. :lol:

Wow this really helps, thanks for posting! Your outlook on life is so positive hahah

david starling

I was scheduled to do a difficult job I wasn't experienced at. I gathered the materials I knew I'd need at the hardware store, and sounded serious when I asked the clerk, "What aisle do you keep the luck at? I'm going to need it, and I want to buy some."
Without missing a beat, he replied, "It's normally on aisle 6, but we're out of stock. The truck bringing it broke down.". :lol:

[The job went well, incidentally.]

Last edited:

Phoenixia

If i may join in - i have RX in birth chart .. I do experience the odd technology fail and mishaps but that's also my life during direct - what is a regular thing for me during RX though ? : Revelations !!! Secrets unearthed , people's true colors come out, it's like a never ending festival of WTF , How the hell and holy mother of God ...

I worry about that specifically - we're only in pre shadow and it's already began .. Obviously Rx in Scorpio .. What else could it be ... I wont lie : i'm dreading it 😱😅

Timmytwothumbs

Or does it?

With the next Mercury retrograde about to start, I thought I'd open a topic for real experiences with Mercury retrograde. Not just fears and superstitions.

Personally, I never notice a significant difference between Mercury retrograde and Mercury direct. Mercury-type things, like communication and going somewhere, don't seem to ***** up for me any more when Mercury is retrograde than when it's direct.

But some people say they always know when Mercury is retrograde because xyz reliably goes wrong for them.

Now, if there's a Mercury retrograde happening along with other strong energies that affect everything, I might be affected just because I'm around. For example, the last Mercury retrograde in Sagittarius involved an out of bounds Mercury, and that one was a retrograde on steroids. My workplace had a sudden crash of the phone and computer systems, which shut down the project we were working on because it was heavily dependent on those systems. (We did finish it later, but there were several days in there of not being able to work.) But that wasn't something happening to me personally so much as it was happening around me.

What about you? Do you find that a certain something always happens to you during Mercury retrograde? Or does it just pass unnoticed, except maybe for having it talked about on astrology sites?

I've traveled during Mercury retrograde because I have family all over the country and sometimes you need to travel on a retrograde unfortunatley. But based off of my experiences I definitely avoid it as much as I can. I always encounter some unforeseen issue, weather delays, overbooked hotels, cars breaking down, etc.
I also don't trust what others say and I myself try to be as transparent and honest as possible. I can't tell you how many times people have gone back on their word or cancelled an agreement with me they made during a retrograde.
I don't sign any contracts or make any major purchases. I personally have seen many people regret the houses, cars, properties etc. they buy during Mercury retrograde. They usually find issues with whatever they purchased and it becomes a huge headache for them in the future.
I also take caution in starting long term projects or even hobbies during a retrograde because I notice I often lose enthusiasm for the project in the future.
The best thing to do is to be honest and do what you've already been doing. Don't take any vacations and if you have to travel triple check everything. Don't trust anyone.

conspiracy theorist

Every day counts. Practically I can't stop for 3 weeks when certain operations or events are time sensitive. This Mercury period will fall in my 11th house, and there are some significant happenings in that sphere scheduled for November (11th house transits for the majority of Nov). I'll just have to observe how these events are affected by the retrograde and I'll report if this period further vindicates the reputation of the transit.

Last Rx in the summer was insane, but there were other directions happening at the time that explained the events more pertinently than Merc Rx, which I saw as augmenting the times.

Osamenor

Staff member
The best thing to do is to be honest and do what you've already been doing. Don't take any vacations and if you have to travel triple check everything. Don't trust anyone.

One of the best trips I ever took happened during Mercury retrograde, and I only did minimal planning ahead. I went back to where I'd lived years before, I dropped in on some very old friends--a surprise visit--and enjoyed the revisit, the memories, and taking stock of where I was in my life now.

Mercury retrograde is a time for going back. It's also a time for people from the past suddenly reappearing, and so they say. That time, I was the person from the past who suddenly reappeared for some people!

Everything went pretty smoothly. In fact, I lucked out catching one old friend in town--he'd just been away and was about to move away for good.

Timmytwothumbs

One of the best trips I ever took happened during Mercury retrograde, and I only did minimal planning ahead. I went back to where I'd lived years before, I dropped in on some very old friends--a surprise visit--and enjoyed the revisit, the memories, and taking stock of where I was in my life now.

Mercury retrograde is a time for going back. It's also a time for people from the past suddenly reappearing, and so they say. That time, I was the person from the past who suddenly reappeared for some people!

Everything went pretty smoothly. In fact, I lucked out catching one old friend in town--he'd just been away and was about to move away for good.

It's proven to be a time people will "go back" on their word as well. Or things won't go as people say. I'm in a situation now living with my father in law because he is going blind. About 3 years ago in April 2016 during a Mercury retrograde he told me if we moved here to take care of him he would build us a house next door, and he could find me a good paying job in a week. Neither of those things have happened. He still wants to build a house, but he constantly goes back on his word. Saying things like I'm gonna build a shop to help my friend whose a mechanic so he can start his own business instead. Or I wanna put a mobile home park over there for all the pipeliners in the area. Or we should put an orchard over there. And many more other ideas than building a house. Still none of this has yet to happen. thankfully I have a job and a place to live but without his help and I still need to be here for him. I'm currently re siding and installing new windows and doors on his house for no payment. And this winter he wants me to renovate his kitchen for him. He helps but he can't see very well so he's only so much help. This is an example of what happens when you enter a long term agreement with someone during a Mercury Retrograde.

Osamenor

Staff member
It's proven to be a time people will "go back" on their word as well. Or things won't go as people say. I'm in a situation now living with my father in law because he is going blind. About 3 years ago in April 2016 during a Mercury retrograde he told me if we moved here to take care of him he would build us a house next door, and he could find me a good paying job in a week. Neither of those things have happened. He still wants to build a house, but he constantly goes back on his word. Saying things like I'm gonna build a shop to help my friend whose a mechanic so he can start his own business instead. Or I wanna put a mobile home park over there for all the pipeliners in the area. Or we should put an orchard over there. And many more other ideas than building a house. Still none of this has yet to happen.

That's an issue with your father-in-law, not Mercury. He sounds like someone who's always over promising and not delivering. Has he always done that, or is this a recent development?

Mercury retrograde isn't responsible for him being that way. But it is a time to carefully check details and agreements, and trust your instincts. If he's done things like this before, you would know (or at least your spouse would), and probably have already felt deep down that you couldn't trust his word. If you moved knowing that, you were ignoring your own senses. Unless he used to be a thoroughly reliable person who always kept his word and suddenly changed overnight... but usually, people who repeatedly make promises they don't keep and plans they don't follow through on have always been that way.

Last edited:

Lykanized

I don't think it does affect me. I've read if you have a natal retrograde, it won't really do anything since it's your natural element, but I wasn't sure if that's a pop astrology thing or not. Is that true?

In any case, nothing in particular has happened. Not out of the ordinary. Someone told me retrograding planets are closer to the Earth, so perhaps we're all given to a little more analysis, curiosity, and conversation, and thus that could lead to confusion and misunderstanding hmmm :alien: