How does Mercury retrograde affect you?

Gemini888

Do you have any placements in the later half of any mutable sign?

If you do, that Pisces Mercury retrograde would've conjuncted, squared, or opposed them.
Saturn in Pisces. That's probably it :smile:

waybread

I have Mercury retrograde in Aquarius natally.

I expect things to foul up. I'm a great believer in Murphy's law.

For a very long time, therefore, I have built a lot of redundancy into travel plans, important communications. If something goofs up, there's a plan B; or I've implemented enough back-up on Plan A that it usually works out.

(I'm an INTJ in the Myers-Briggs test, if that means anything. We appreciate planning and structure.)

I haven't noticed anything unusual under Mercury retrograde transits, therefore.

Where I have noticed things going haywire is lately, with Uranus in Taurus squaring my natal Mercury. When transiting Mercury forms a hard aspect or conjunction to Mars; or vice versa, is when arguments are likely.

Blaze

Account Closed
Man, that depends on the sign Mercury is in/the aspects it makes to x planet(s). Most of the time, if Mercury goes Rx in Libra, stuff gets really...tripped up. It'll square my Saturn, who's not playing for my team, and my Jupiter/Sun while opposing my Mars. Libra Mercury also sits in my 6th house, which is such a lovely house, I should say.

In Capricorn it's quite the pain in the chart if ya know what I'm sayin. Activates that t-square I've got. Just wonderful.

conspiracy theorist

Is mercury just transiting your 8th, or making aspects too ?

Im asking because when ive experienced things during the merc rx, mercurys not been making any actual aspects.

The transiting Mercury is in trine to N. Sun/Mercury/Pluto @ 5,8 and 0 Sagittarius respectively. Sun is L8 (intercepted but the sign Leo is located in the 8th house), and Mercury is L6, L7 & L9. (Placidus)

Last edited:

Blaze

Account Closed
During this retrograde period, I've experienced more than my fair share of refunds. Mercury is transiting my 8th.

Hmm, that's neat.

Transit Mercury is hitting my third. Only thing that's happened so far is a trip I was supposed to go on got canceled. On account of the tickets being stolen. Happened just as Mercury went rx.

conspiracy theorist

Hmm, that's neat.

Transit Mercury is hitting my third. Only thing that's happened so far is a trip I was supposed to go on got canceled. On account of the tickets being stolen. Happened just as Mercury went rx.

Yeah, that stinks. How big was the trip?

It's safe to say that this has been an eventful time for me, and the hijinks started faithfully on the first day of the pre-shadow period on June 20th. Reviewing and recapitulation have been major themes, and some reforms are in order. Funnily I did have someone from the past contacting me recently, and she reamed me out something fierce but I didn't mind because now she could let go of what she was holding unto and move forward with her life. It fell just short of the Merc Rx period so it didn't make the cut, although it is claimed that people from the past returning is a common occurrence during the transit.

Ukpoohbear

I usually enjoy mercury retrogrades for a time to be more expressive and free but this current one is happening in my 10th this time and more public and I’ve had a couple of disagreements with coworkers, probably effecting my reputation and they will think I’m an ******* now :lol: only good thing is they aren’t walking all over me but I’ve not quite managed to find the balance between still being likeable AND not taking bs.

Hkk

Account Closed
I usually enjoy mercury retrogrades for a time to be more expressive and free but this current one is happening in my 10th this time and more public and I’ve had a couple of disagreements with coworkers, probably effecting my reputation and they will think I’m an ******* now :lol: only good thing is they aren’t walking all over me but I’ve not quite managed to find the balance between still being likeable AND not taking bs.

I personally find not being liked is done by the ones that don’t appreciate or respect you. If you take no bs and there’s only a few ppl that still like you well that’s enough and you carry on taking no bs. There’s no balance in being respected ✊ boundaries yes

Chrysalis

In about a weeks time, mercury will hit my moon/node midpoint in my 7th house, so we'll see what that brings, if anything.

Blaze

Account Closed
Yeah, that stinks. How big was the trip?

It's safe to say that this has been an eventful time for me, and the hijinks started faithfully on the first day of the pre-shadow period on June 20th. Reviewing and recapitulation have been major themes, and some reforms are in order. Funnily I did have someone from the past contacting me recently, and she reamed me out something fierce but I didn't mind because now she could let go of what she was holding unto and move forward with her life. It fell just short of the Merc Rx period so it didn't make the cut, although it is claimed that people from the past returning is a common occurrence during the transit.

Short trip to the state next to mine. Were it a long one, that'd be the ninth house issue, but would a Rx Mercury in the third effect its opposite house? Going by natal, I'd say so, but unsure here.

Haven't had any coming backs yet. We'll see what happens later on.

Osamenor

Staff member
Short trip to the state next to mine. Were it a long one, that'd be the ninth house issue, but would a Rx Mercury in the third effect its opposite house? Going by natal, I'd say so, but unsure here.

Haven't had any coming backs yet. We'll see what happens later on.
Was it to be an overnight trip?

As I recall, the ninth house is any travel more than a day's journey away. If it's too far away for a day trip, it's no longer the third house.

Mercury also rules thieves. The theft of the tickets could be a Mercury/third house thing, affecting the ninth. Transits affect the houses they opposition, too.

Osamenor

Staff member
Update on my Mercury retrograde:

I've had two new people ask to schedule astrology readings with me (yay!). But communication issues ensued in the actual scheduling with both of them. One of them is scheduled now, but the other is still in limbo.

On the day Mercury turned retrograde, I returned to a meeting of a group I'd previously been involved with but had to drop out of for a while because of my other commitments. Return theme there.

And straightened out an email problem that had been affecting my communication with that group, too.

jac

I've been marking my calendar for decades. Mail gets lost, misdelivered, never delivered. Gotta return stuff to the store. Repairs don't 'take'. A call that should've taken 5 minutes requires 2 hrs. Detours due to pop-u construction, getting stuck in terrible traffic. Computer goes on the fritz. Email grinds to a standstill, can't find server.

You don't buy phones, cars, electronics.

What more do ya want?

Blaze

Account Closed
Was it to be an overnight trip?

As I recall, the ninth house is any travel more than a day's journey away. If it's too far away for a day trip, it's no longer the third house.

Mercury also rules thieves. The theft of the tickets could be a Mercury/third house thing, affecting the ninth. Transits affect the houses they opposition, too.

Yup, overnight trip. The funny thing is, the thief was a cousin of mine who ended up using the tickets for him and his girlfriend. Considering the third an its connection to siblings/cousins, I found that fascinating.

Osamenor

Staff member
Yup, overnight trip. The funny thing is, the thief was a cousin of mine who ended up using the tickets for him and his girlfriend. Considering the third an its connection to siblings/cousins, I found that fascinating.
So, this Mercury retrograde revealed your cousin to be a thief. Unless you already knew that? Had he stolen from you before, or were you aware of him stealing from others before now? (Someone who steals a trip from their cousin is highly unlikely to be just a one time offender.)

In any case, now you know you can't trust him.

Chrysalis

So far mercury rx, which is transiting through my 7th house, is not doing nothing major, as no aspects are being made....but from what i can gather so far, its made me and my friend be distant, ive spent time away from her and she's now more friendly with someone else (but this im not really bothered about) as it gives me more astrological study time. Currently reading "Llewellyn's Complete Book of Predictive Astrology: The Easy Way to Predict Your Future".

Thats about it really, so far.