Midpoint and Predictions

ardentika

My question is can transits and charts such as solar return and progressions help with predictions if they touch natal Midpoint?

Do you have first hand experience with that?

ElenaJ

First hand experience, no. However, if you can relate solar return and progressed charts back to the natal, in theory you can also check the midpoints, and they might give more insight. A little tenuous, but I think it could be helpful.

Opal

Premium Member
My question is can transits and charts such as solar return and progressions help with predictions if they touch natal Midpoint?

Do you have first hand experience with that?

With transits yes, with progressions I am not sure. If you are looking at midpoints you have to get Reinhold Eberton’s book “A combination of stellar influences “ without it, it is a futile study.

unique_astrology

In my experiences throughout 45 years all of those components work. The following measurements are made in right ascension, that is true body positions from 0° Aries in space.

The Tropical rendition of a mundane chart for the 8.0 earthquake in Peru, the progressed Caplunar (chart for the entrance of the Moon into Sidereal Capricorn) - a type of chart I have used for almost 45 years. It's MC is at 321°56'. The progressed Caplunar's midpoints of Saturn/Neptune at 320°45' and Neptune/Pluto at 322°20 are on the MC. The August 11, 2018 partial solar eclipse at 141°30' is on the IC.

Not related to the midpoint question but perhaps of interest - the total lunar eclipse of January 21, 2019, also indicates possible notable events at the longitude of the epicenter of the earthquake..

Attachments

• P CPLNR 8.11.18 e.gif
    P CPLNR 8.11.18 e.gif
    17.6 KB · Views: 39
  • 8 LE.gif
    8 LE.gif
    11.9 KB · Views: 39

ardentika

I'd think progressions should work too since they show the internal unfolding of our being. But then there are so many midpoints, I wouldn't necessarily look only for sun/moon. I think this midpoint might be a bit overrated..

Chrysalis

Thats what I'm asking. Cos ive heard also 45 and 135 degree aspects count. And does that count mainly for the SO/Mo midpoint?

They probably do, but they will most likely be weaker, so not so significant than a conjunction or square from the nodal axis.

ardentika

To know how node transits work, check out a past nodal transit to a planet/midpoint and see what it brought for you.

I kinda want to say nothing. I had it transit my Moon and nothing really happened. Nothing major at all. Or transiting NN conjuncted my SO/MO midpoint long after i had already started a relationship. So i don't think its much significant tbh..

Chrysalis

I kinda want to say nothing. I had it transit my Moon and nothing really happened. Nothing major at all. Or transiting NN conjuncted my SO/MO midpoint long after i had already started a relationship. So i don't think its much significant tbh..

Did you check out the nodal transit to your composite chart, there was most likely something there nodal wise that set it off.

Idk then, i have been reading through rahu's nodal thread https://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=63539&page=26
So now after reading through this, nodal transits do seem to be quite significant.

ardentika

Did you check out the nodal transit to your composite chart, there was most likely something there nodal wise that set it off.

Idk then, i have been reading through rahu's nodal thread https://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=63539&page=26
So now after reading through this, nodal transits do seem to be quite significant.

Yeah nothing. The transit NN literally touched nothing in my natal or the composite. I never found the NN to be that significant tbh. I had Jupiter transit my NN too.. nothing. And Jupiter is a major planet in my chart. So yeah. No explanation to that. I never found it to be significant in synastry too.

Cary2

Banned
I'm going to offer some examples, but I don't expect you to view it as proof. It is too isolated and anecdotal to be that, but I want you to see an example of the process in action as I have experienced it. Just a few examples won't prove a thing, but it will explain some things you might be missing.

I recently researched Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie, so let me take advantage of that data and my familiarity with it. I use transits and solar arc directions most in my predictive work, and that is what I will demonstrate with .

The progress of the Pitt-Jolie affair was a notorious topic that unfolded in the press. At glamour.com, they offer a timeline of the affair. It begins in summer of 2004. That is when the rumors started. Pitt-Jolie denied the rumors then, but they later revealed that that was when the fell in love while filming a movie.
So I am progressing Pitt's chart to August, 2004.

Imagine how complicated this must be astrologically. Pitt has fallen in love, with all the heady feeling of that, but he is troubled by the events and what effect it will have on his marriage. The solar arc at that time was 41-degrees and 25 minutes.

Solar arc Ascendant is conjunct Pitt's Venus. Many people get married at such a time. Pitt has fallen in love with someone not his wife. Solar arc directed Uranus has moved to square Pitt's natal Moon ( which is close to his Venus). This suggests a dangerous event of libertine behavior. A desire to exceed his boundaries is a risky way. The astrologer sees that it will soon square his Venus suggesting divorce. Solar arc Neptune has moved to conjunct Pitt's Sun. Sun is allowed a wide orb in solar arc directions as in natal astrology. sa.Neptune as passed n.Sun by a little more than two degrees, but that is a normal amount of orb for Sun. This suggests that he is susceptible to charm and seduction.

Solar arc Sun/Moon midpoint has moved to natal Saturn. Obviously that is trouble. It is trouble in general, and it is trouble especially for his marriage.

Astrologer and midpoint pioneer, Alfred Witte, said of this situation:

"Serious and difficult times. Not a good time to marry. obstacles to marriage. Sorrowful marital states. Sudden enmity in friendship and marriage. Divorce and separation."

Sun and Moon both get a wider orb, and so does the Su/Mo midpoint.

Last edited:

Cary2

Banned
The transits.

Transiting Uranus is conjunct the solar arc directed Venus suggesting a surprising romance, or a surprising divorce, or both. t.Saturn is opposed n.Moon suggesting sorrow for a woman, the woman in his life. It's not going to feel very good for him either. t.Jupiter will soon conjunct the Mc suggesting a notorious development in the public.

Cary2

Banned
I will progress Jennifer Aniston's chart to Summer 2004 as well.

Solar arc Ascendant is conjunct natal Neptune. Baffling. Neurotic worry. Betrayal. Emotional numbness.

Soiar arc Saturn is now opposed to natal Neptune and sa.Ascendant, too. Betrayal. Sick with grief. Suffering of the highest order.

Solar arc Sun/Moon midpoint has moved to square the natal Neptune and the solar arc Saturn, so the the Saturn/Neptune opposition squares the sa.Su/Mo.
Betrayal. Sick with grief. Suffering of the highest order.

Solar arc Pluto is square natal Mercury. Cursing. Obsessions. Plotting and scheming. Writing poison pen letters. Detective work.

Transits.

t.Saturn square n.Saturn and opposed to Su/Mo midpoint.

Serious and difficult times. Not a good time to marry. obstacles to marriage. Sorrowful marital states. Sudden enmity in friendship and marriage. Divorce and separation.

t.Pluto conjuct n.Moon. Incredibly intense feelings. Transformation.

Cary2

Banned
Angelina Jolie's chart progressed to summer 2004 shows that solar arc Venus is sextile natal Uranus, and solar arc Uranus is trine natal Venus. An exciting new relationship.

The solar arc Su/Moon midpoint is conjunct Sun. We allow a wide orb for Sun and for the directed Su/Mo midpoint. The orb is less than 2.5. A new relationship of considerable importance. Many people would get married at such a time. Since she has Venus-square-Uranus natally, she might wing it.

The solar arc As/Mc midpoint is on natal Pluto. Her life is going to change.

Solar arc Sun is squared to natal Mars and Moon. This is also a new relationship, but it seems to have a warning. Controversy (Su/Ma).

Cary2

Banned
Do you use a program to get the midpoints?

I frequently use a calculator or I use a chart that Astrodienst offers. If you select an Ebertin style chart, you will also get an option for an additional report of midpoint patterns as a *.pdf file.