Progressions, Transits - in what they differ?

aldebaran

I would like to ask your opinions about differences between those concepts.

The transit and the progression. In what they are different? Both in effects, as in "explanation" of "what they are".

Also, if a Planet transits towards a Progressed Planet, or transits towards a Natal one, in what it differs?

Are there theories about it? I'm posting in the modern but I accept any kind: modern, ancient, indian, etc.

Osamenor

Staff member
Are there theories about it? I'm posting in the modern but I accept any kind: modern, ancient, indian, etc.

The Modern Astrology board is only for topics that are strictly about modern astrology. If you want multiple kinds of astrology in the same thread, it goes on one of the general boards. I've moved this topic to the general Predictive Astrology forum because that's what it's about.

petosiris

Banned

The transit and the progression. In what they are different? Both in effects, as in "explanation" of "what they are".

Also, if a Planet transits towards a Progressed Planet, or transits towards a Natal one, in what it differs?

You have the same transits occuring a few or many times in a chart. With primary directions, you have a square or trine occurring only once in life.

Cary2

Banned

Petosiris is right with regard to primary directions because they move much slower than transits do. The same applies to secondary progressions and solar arc directions.

Even within the realm of transits alone, the speed factor is a time factor, and some transits are much slower and last longer than others. That speed and time factor must be accounted for in the interpretation.

Otherwise the planetary chemistry is the same. If transiting Neptune trines natal Mars, it will have the same tendencies as transiting Mars trine natal Neptune except the longer duration should be considered in the interpretation.

Progressed Mars to natal Neptune has the same issues and themes. Solar Arc Mars to natal Neptune has the same issues and themes.

So it is very good to be fluent in your planetary pairs. What does Mars/Neptune mean more than merely Mars or more than merely Neptune?