Pluto square Mars

Claire19

anonymous
I am currently having a Pluto square Mars from the 11th to the 8th house. I have a natal sextile.....I am finding that a certain internet contact I am having is very sexual and the interaction between us I find painful and I cant seem to let it go.... Is it something from the past that is causing this illogical feeling. I am hoping this is a catalyst for a cleansing of some sort for me. I have never met this person but the connection seems intense. I am not a naive person that falls for the cyber fantasy of net contacts
and the traps therein.....

Update

11th house deals with group associates rather than friends and also the sciences and technologies such as internet. So I feel that is the energy and squaring my 8th of sex, secrets, as I use another identity with my sexual games online and in Libra, the dating sites..I used a secret name and identity with the conjunction to Neptune from the natal Mars... .. I felt I had to express something very sexual in my make up that has been repressed and wanting to be desired, but now have cut off contact with that person causing me pain and have moved on..I no longer have the intensity of feeling that I had before. ...

Attachments

• anonymous.gif
    anonymous.gif
    86.1 KB · Views: 26
Last edited:
Where's your chart? I had the Pluto opp mars and it has lots to do with control issues, but the opposition tends to be other people - they had all the control which was extremely frustrating. T pluto 11th opp mars 5th

My partner has had T Pluto conj mars in cappi and had lots of operations and health issues in past two years (late first house)

regarding 11th/8th houses involves friends and pluto where we want control. It's just as well you don't share joint finances or this would be where the problems would errupt.

R4VEN

Mmmm - Pluto-Mars. I have that coming up, and is fully `there' in around 2 years, although I am already noticing it, and not happy with what is coming out of me as a result!!

This is one of those situations in which deep urges and drives are revisited. Think of tr Pluto as flushing out and allowing to rise to the surface that which has a need of your attention. Mars `urges' can be to do with aggression, power, sexuality, in fact anything to do with our desires. This transit will flush to the surface anything you need to address.

It is also important to know how your natal Mars is situated - sign, house it rules, etc, as these will flesh out its `historical' involvement in your life.

Your post sounds like you are revisiting sexual-obsession-land, Claire.

queenfluff

Since this is in the natal astrology section ...

What if you have this natally? I have Pluto (virgo tenth) square Mars (sag in 2nd).

Will one have always have these sexual obsession type things? I read to adds a "magnetic quality" to ones appeal to love interests.

I have had this happen with many internet relationships - it is not me who instigates it but the other person and it kinds of morphs. They almost never tame and there is almost always a strong connect. I have meet some of them in person though and it continues in person. I think it happens without my even starting it but others must see it in me - even though I don't think I purposely give it off.

Since this is in the natal astrology section ...

What if you have this natally? I have Pluto (virgo tenth) square Mars (sag in 2nd).

Will one have always have these sexual obsession type things? I read to adds a "magnetic quality" to ones appeal to love interests.

I have had this happen with many internet relationships - it is not me who instigates it but the other person and it kinds of morphs. They almost never tame and there is almost always a strong connect. I have meet some of them in person though and it continues in person. I think it happens without my even starting it but others must see it in me - even though I don't think I purposely give it off.
http://www.cafeastrology.com/natal/marsplutoaspects.html

mars.gif
square.gif
pluto.gif

Mars square Pluto
The square formed between Mars and Pluto produces a forceful nature. Often your actions can be described only as reckless. Yet you are cautious and secretive about your projects, especially as you mature and develop. When frustrated, you may become abusive and display much temper. This aspect suggests that your sexual drive is strong, and may not be well controlled at times. This is a very physical aspect needing control and channeling. When you can control actions, this aspect can be positive as it shows a penchant for eliminating, by force, the unacceptable and unnecessary in your life.http://www.skyscript.co.uk/marsaspects.html#maspl
[deleted quote over 100 words against forum rules - Moderator]

Last edited by a moderator:

Caro

C19
We have to see the chart! I know you have 8th house planets as you are a regular on here.
So maybe this situation intrigues you.
Be careful it seems plutonian types thrive on the internet and not always in a good way.
I have been warned away from internet dating. I seem to attract these types too and I dont like it.
what is neptune doing in your chart?

queenfluff

http://www.cafeastrology.com/natal/marsplutoaspects.html

Mars square Pluto
The square formed between Mars and Pluto produces a forceful nature. Often your actions can be described only as reckless. Yet you are cautious and secretive about your projects, especially as you mature and develop. When frustrated, you may become abusive and display much temper. This aspect suggests that your sexual drive is strong, and may not be well controlled at times. This is a very physical aspect needing control and channeling. When you can control actions, this aspect can be positive as it shows a penchant for eliminating, by force, the unacceptable and unnecessary in your life. You can develop a very focused concentration on progressive issueshttp://www.skyscript.co.uk/marsaspects.html#maspl

Thanks! I do have the cafeastrology one. That one sound kind of like me at the beginning except for I have practically NO sex drive honestly and I have tons of control and willpower. I don't really care for sex - I could go years and it wouldn't bother me. I like all the mind games connected to it before hand I guess (I guess that might be kind of Pluto-ish?) Maybe this might be due to other aspect of my chart that cancel out the sexual part of the Pluto/Mars?
BUT I the strong sex drive part tends to apply to others who are attracted to me (thus the cafe astrology description about magnetisism) it is uncontrollable on their parts towards me. But never me. Hmmm. Maybe it has to do with the houses my Pluto and Mars are in or other aspects to my Pluto?

Munch

Wow, Queen, I was just thinking the same thing. I have Pluto in Libra Square Mars in Aquarius. My sex drive is Nill. I used to be sexually hyperactive when I was younger, but over the last five years I've kinda gotten 'over it.'

This is not to say I dont enjoy it with my significant other, but it is a chore sometimes to get into the mood if you will. And this is with Mars in my 5th....must be the Aquarian influence.

lazarusx

I have this natal aspect between Mars in Leo 3rd square Pluto in Scorpio 6th.

My sex drive seems to fluctuate between absoloutley no drive, and overwhelming drive, i can understand the 'magnetic' quality.. i've had people instigate with me without myself even been properly aware.

For the most part i have great control over my drives, i think with having Mars in Leo and Pluto in Scorpio i wont enter into a sexual realtionship unless i can feel a strong soulful connection with that person, the depth i seek almost feels insatiable.

Last edited:

Steeler

I have this transit from the 5th (pluto) to the 8th (mars) and bursts of anger is a daily thing for me. Very little patience for nonsense and other people. Thankfully though, I have a strong Saturn that keeps the lid on half of the time.

Since I also have Uranus transiting my 8th, Im dealing with a lot of energy here, yet I don't feel like any of it is sexual.
(Could be that I have Saturn in the 5th, so all of these things are sort of repressed)

In my opinion all Pluto transits are a catalyst for cleansing, not to mention change.
In your case, since this is happening in the 11th/8th, other people might be strongly part of this change.

Last edited:

nuthatch

I've been reading about the connection between this aspect and physical violence. I have this natal aspect, as Mars in Leo (in the 7th, no less...eek!) square Pluto in Scorpio in the 10th. It sounds horrifying. Violent, competitive, and ruthlessly ambitious? I'd probably be a bit wary of someone with those placements in their chart...

And I'm really not a violent person, nor have I ever attracted any violent partners, luckily. I have had some quite contentious relationships in my time, though (though never any physical violence), and I have a lot of physical energy that I've been really wanting to express through things like martial arts and fencing (actually am starting fencing next week). And I absolutely love action movies. When other girls my age wanted to be Carrie Bradshaw, I wanted to be Dirty Harry...

But I'm really not at all possessive in romantic relationships. In fact, I'm probably too much the opposite. And I'm not at all predatory. If I've got romantic feelings for someone I don't ever suffer in silence, but I'm excellent at taking no for an answer. I feel like this aspect might get channeled into me becoming competitive with my partners. Yeah, come to think of it, I am REALLY competitive. Trying to work on that.

How do you natal Mars-Pluto square types deal with your violent energy, if any?

Last edited:
I have this transit from the 5th (pluto) to the 8th (mars) and bursts of anger is a daily thing for me. Very little patience for nonsense and other people. Thankfully though, I have a strong Saturn that keeps the lid on half of the time.

Since I also have Uranus transiting my 8th, Im dealing with a lot of energy here, yet I don't feel like any of it is sexual.
(Could be that I have Saturn in the 5th, so all of these things are sort of repressed)

In my opinion all Pluto transits are a catalyst for cleansing, not to mention change. yes I agree
In your case, since this is happening in the 11th/8th, other people might be strongly part of this change.
my partner has just had t pluto conj natal exalted mars in cappi, and he has had lots of surgery over past 18-24months which is quite possible... :surprised:
certain aspects taken out of context like this will always have exceptions because the whole chart is not taken into account. Remember planets are modified by signs, where they express are houses and how they express are *aspects* but we do not continually express *just one aspect* we are all multi faceted human beings. :smile:

lazarusx

How do you natal Mars-Pluto square types deal with your violent energy, if any?

Similar placements here; Mars in Leo 3rd, square Pluto in Scorpio 5th/6th.

This is tricky for me, having Mars in the 3rd squaring Pluto creates some difficulty with expressing myself verbally, despite having a stellium in Gemini 1st house.. i have serious issues with communication, but im usually quite fluid with writing/typing.

I often feel the desire to tell everyone what i think of them, and i know Pluto's consuming nature fueled with Mars energy would be a catastrophic explosion of incoherent rage, ultimately consuming me in the process with devastating consequences.

It takes alot of will power for me to control this, usually at my own expense, however anger in it's true form is absolute clarity.. so i believe learning to channel this anger productively is key. The way i deal with the build-up of energy is through music and dancing, i have a passion for music and the emotional depth it can infuse within me, dancing is my physical expression of mars energy, its almost like a nuclear bomb going off inside me.. this energy is ridiculous in it's power.

The major downside of this aspect that i've noticed is i seem to give off a very intimidating/intense maybe even violent appearance, which makes it difficult to connect with people.