Kleine-Levin syndrome (sleeping beauty syndrome)

Frisiangal

Hi,
In modern astrology, the 'sleep mode' (fainting, coma, unconsciousness) is ruled by Neptune.

I had never heard of the syndrome. In reading of it on the WWW sites, the words debilitation, narcolepsy, (neuro)chemical imbalance, lack of energy, viral infection, glandular malfunction, hypersexuality (aka nymphomania- Fr.?) came up; all subjects associated with a negative functioning Neptune.

An article taken from The Times of India (medical (Vedic) astrology is far more advanced in the East) states:

The psychology behind it

Mantry says, “We have found that KLS patients have psychological issues like attention-seeking strategies, absence of love, doubts on near and dear ones, general weakness in health, irresponsible behaviour and a disturbed social life. Such patients also have no aims or goals, feel resigned, skeptical, hypocritical, have poor communication skills, see no reason to wake up, are afraid, lazy, whimsical, egoistic and hurtful. Other issues include victimisation, absence of family bonding, no courage to accept challenges and low self-esteem".]

The italicised are strongly associated with Neptune tendencies.

With excesses, thoughts would turn towards an association with Jupiter,
neurological issues with Mercury, perhaps in connection with Uranus/Aquarius.
Psychological issues would tend towards Moon in conflict with Mars and/or Pluto, with a possible Scorpio essence. That said, Neptune-Pluto have been in and out of long term sextiles through the signs for many decades, so could not be a single factor within itself.

There might be a resonance with a strong Pisces or 12th house, with which Neptune is associated. Traditional astrology applies Jupiter as ruler of Pisces.

No horoscopes were available in the several pages of sites I looked at.

:smile:

Last edited:

Ghost00

Banned
"Kleine-Levin syndrome (KLS) is a rare disorder that causes recurring periods of excessive sleepiness. In some cases, this means up to 20 hours a day are spent sleeping. For this reason, the condition is commonly referred to as “sleeping beauty syndrome."

https://www.healthline.com/health/kleine-levin-syndrome

I confess that I am very curious about this syndrome. Are there any aspects that indicate excessive sleepiness?

Great other answer. From my perspective, in most cases excessive sleepiness would be lifestyle related but for those that have an acute problem not solved by changing schedule, diet, etc. I would look to aspects on sun and moon keeping eye on Libra and ♒ bc if liver is overloaded it can turn the lights out. Slow moving planets casting bad aspects from 0-10° ♑ on Luminary would correlate. Could also be energy flow problem, look to fire signs especially sag and aries plus add Scorpio. If energy is flowing properly, this should not occur in theory?

JUPITERASC

"Kleine-Levin syndrome (KLS) is a rare disorder that causes recurring periods of excessive sleepiness. In some cases, this means up to 20 hours a day are spent sleeping. For this reason, the condition is commonly referred to as “sleeping beauty syndrome."

https://www.healthline.com/health/kleine-levin-syndrome
I confess that I am very curious about this syndrome.

Are there any aspects that indicate excessive sleepiness?
charts are all so individual :smile:

that it is unwise to generalise
therefore necessary to view the natal chart