Black Lives Matter, Marxist?

david starling

"We're losing badly the War on Drugs....You have to legalize drugs to win that war".-{Donald Trump before he became President}

Last edited:

david starling

"Black Lives Matter" will fade away on its own.. But the deadly "War on Drugs" will continue until we, as a nation, have the will to end it. Anyone who is really in favor of saving lives should be in favor of ending the "War on Drugs".

Last edited:

JUPITERASC

Blackbery, Donald Trump is not a strong leader, for all kinds of reasons that I can enumerate if you care to read them.

If you want to vote for a strong leader, that's fine, but it wouldn't be Donald Trump.

It is important to distinguish between true effective leadership and a bombastic personality

EZyjR8zU4AAlf1J.png

274cxt.jpg

JUPITERASC

And in California (my state), racism against our southern neighbors Mexico and Hispanics/Latinos as a whole is quite common, despite our "PC multicultural Liberal" culture. After 9/11 there was a sharp rise in anti-Arab sentiment and Islamophobia in the USA, which is prevalent anyway. The USA is a diverse country with many kinds of ethnic and racial groups from the Irish and Italian Americans to Native Hawaiians and Samoans. It's like a fraternity when one has to go through being bullied to show they can "fit in" and join the club. Our past history of racism against Blacks or African-Americans in various forms: slavery, segregation, stereotypes, scapegoating and stigma continues to haunt the USA to this present day.

Trump REFUSED Emergency Request To Pay For Leftist Rioters Damage
Democrats Leadership Backfires.
The Governor of Minnesota
has requested of Trump around $16 Million dollars
in order to fix damage caused by the far left riots in Minneapolis.

But what would the outcome be?

The city has just voted to abolish the police outright.
Why should the US tax payer
bail out a city with severe leadership problems?
If Democrats in MN can't run things properly
then the people need to vote them out
not expect a handout from Trump or the federal government.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yagpdCax6Sw

Race Is Being Used
By Foreign Enemies And The Far Left
To Divide Americans From Within :smile:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aWxZe_KVnv4

david starling

Blackbery, try looking at this from another perspective: Suppose the response to BLUE LIVES MATTER, was, ALL LIVES MATTER? Can you see how it completely undercuts the specific concern for the safety of police officers?

waybread

Blackbery, I think it's time to take a deep breath and count to 10.

If you're getting your news/op ed pieces from the National Review, that's fine. Just so long as you are aware that it is a right-wing media outlet.
https://mediabiasfactcheck.com/national-review/ (right of right-center, but not rated extreme.)

This is the op ed piece Senator Duckworth wrote in The New York Times., specifically about Tucker Carlson of Fox News, but you will see where she is coming from. In it she corrects the blatant falsehood that she called for George Washington statues to be pulled down.
https://www.nytimes.com/2020/07/09/opinion/tammy-duckworth-tucker-carlson.html

(The NYT is rated as having a left-center bias.)

Donald Trump opposed removing statues of Confederate generals.

waybread

Actually, Blackbery, we don't look forward to more gun violence. If it were up to me, I would either revoke the Second Amendment or (more realistically) understand that in the 1790s, it simply meant that the fledgling states could maintain militias that today we call the National Guard.

Don't blame David and me. Blame groups like the NRA that have consistently lobbied against any limits on gun ownership. Blame organized crime.

And no, I don't sit in a rocking chair wrapped in a quilt. But we have a presidential example of its moral equivalent.

Donald Trump plays golf and watches Fox News while cities burn. The Black Lives Matter protests occurred under his watch. He has done nothing to bring Americans together.

aquarius7000

...There is no evidence Trump has accepted bribes or benefits of the sort. There is strong evidence that Joe Biden, through his son, received lavish gifts in exchange for U.S. foreing policy...
Though there is enough material out there for one to read through as to how Trump has used his office to lay the path for his children to 'benefit' from it, let me leave here two links as to Trump himself:

https://www.vox.com/policy-and-politics/2019/12/17/21024235/impeachment-trump-bribery-democrats

https://verdict.justia.com/2019/12/03/did-president-trump-commit-the-federal-crime-of-bribery

Let me also just say here, I am not a fan of Biden, but Trump in my eyes is making America bleed profusely in more ways than one and this country will have a very difficult time to recover if Trump stayed in office for another 4 yrs. This is my sincere opinion, not just to argue and squabble.

Last edited:

Dirius

Actually, Blackbery, we don't look forward to more gun violence. If it were up to me, I would either revoke the Second Amendment or (more realistically) understand that in the 1790s, it simply meant that the fledgling states could maintain militias that today we call the National Guard.

Don't blame David and me. Blame groups like the NRA that have consistently lobbied against any limits on gun ownership. Blame organized crime.

And no, I don't sit in a rocking chair wrapped in a quilt. But we have a presidential example of its moral equivalent.

You can't revoke the right to own firearms.

For those who live in the city, police is like 5 minutes away. For those in rural areas it may be much further. Some people do require guns for self-defense.
Donald Trump plays golf and watches Fox News while cities burn. The Black Lives Matter protests occurred under his watch. He has done nothing to bring Americans together.

As far as I'm concerned, don't people elect this thing called "mayors" and "governors" to run cities and states?

It would seem like the inept people running these cities, aka democrats :happy:, are the reason they are burning.

Dirius

Unlike you who BULLY people like Dirius because she comes from a different country and tell her she can't have an opinion of the United State.
You and Way Bread have a lot of opinions about black urban areas when you've never stepped foot in an area like that. Or know police officers who work in these areas and put their lives on the line for the white and black citizens.
I think you maybe have an intellectual defect for it's like talking with a child with your ignorance.

Waybread does this every now and then.

Whenever she can't argue because her knowledge is wrong (which is to say always) she either:

a) Starts attacking people on personal issues: attacks nationality, race, religion, their job, their family situation, their children, etc.

b) Begins to report post, hoping for the moderation team to delete or ban the person she doesn't like.

Most of the times she provokes and tries to bait other users into directly attacking her, so she can report them, and get them banned. Its a cheap tactic, but she has been abusing the report system and the rules for years now.

I remember when she tried to get JUPASC banned for using the expression "call the kettle black". She accused him of being racist - reported his posts, even started a thread demanding he got banned. Its been an ongoing behaviour of hers for years now. If you check her post history, she has many posts that have been edited by the moderation team, either for disrespecting other members, being racist, or outright complaining.

Last edited:

waybread

Dirius, to use one of your favorite expressions, "it's funny how" the right wing blamed President Obama for all sorts of ills that are more correctly the purview of cities and states. Now that Trump is in office-- and had a clean sweep of Congress for two years-- suddenly it's the Democrats responsibility.

The Second Amendment is not going away any time soon.

I live in a rural area. Folks out here do not use guns much for self defense. They're more for hunting.

Dirius

Dirius, to use one of your favorite expressions, "it's funny how" the right wing blamed President Obama for all sorts of ills that are more correctly the purview of cities and states. Now that Trump is in office-- and had a clean sweep of Congress for two years-- suddenly it's the Democrats responsibility.

The Second Amendment is not going away any time soon.

I live in a rural area. Folks out here do not use guns much for self defense. They're more for hunting.

Its just an example. Whether people use guns for self-defense or not in a specific area, doesn't disprove the idea that people use guns for self-defense, particularly in areas were police-aid is not as available as in big cities.

Canada also has much lower crime rates than other countries to begin with.

waybread

Dirius, "it's funny how" you believe that the best defense is a good offense.

Work on your offense, though, would you? Those personal attacks are so wildly off-target that I can't take them seriously.

(You know the sports analogy, right?)

BTW, I haven't reported anyone to the mods for several years now. But it seems your latest post to me has broken several forum rules.

I am sorry that you are so irritable.

waybread

Blackbery, try looking at this from another perspective: Suppose the response to BLUE LIVES MATTER, was, ALL LIVES MATTER? Can you see how it completely undercuts the specific concern for the safety of police officers?

David, this is a really good analogy.

As we've pointed out many times, Black Lives Matter does not actually mean nobody else's life matters. It comes from a profound experience that their lives have not mattered enough to the white majority or to police departments. Unfortunately, too often, to say "all lives matter" is intended to dilute or discredit a specifically African American experience.

Dirius

Dirius, "it's funny how" you believe that the best defense is a good offense.

Work on your offense, though, would you? Those personal attacks are so wildly off-target that I can't take them seriously.

(You know the sports analogy, right?)

BTW, I haven't reported anyone to the mods for several years now. But it seems your latest post to me has broken several forum rules.

I am sorry that you are so irritable.

See what I mean?

Describing your behaviour to others isn't an attack. Talking about past forum incidents isn't against the rules.

david starling

The term "black on black crime" is racist to begin with. I've used it myself, without realizing that.

[Deleted quote of post that has been deleted as part of attack and response to attack. - Moderator]

Last edited by a moderator:

blackbery

One black person killing another black person is 'black on black' crime. If there were white gangs killing each other by the thousands each year in the states then that would be considered 'white on white' crime. Chicago and Baltimore are the two most dangerous places for a black person to be because the gangs exist there and have the power.

Chicago has a massive Black-on-Black murder problem. All of the data below comes from the Chicago Police Department. You can access it here.
The data on offenders also tells a troubling story: Young, Black males are overwhelmingly committing most of the murders. Based on the data on the victims, that means young, Black males are primarily killing other young, Black males.

[Eliminated attacking comment by request - Moderator]

https://www.intellectualtakeout.org/blog/chicago-75-murdered-are-black-71-murderers-are-black/

The term "black on black crime" is racist to begin with. I've used it myself, without realizing that.

Last edited by a moderator: