Mental health problems

I don't want to go into too much detail about it but i'm wondering if anyone could tell me if there is some indication of these things in someone's natal chart?

I don't know if this is against the forum rules or not? but I attempted suicide on the 12th of January and, although I am trying to get better, I feel like it won't matter and that it will just get worse.
I don't want any advice on this, just purely the astrological aspects please.

I've attached my natal chart, I tried looking at transits but I can't really see much apart from transiting pluto squaring my moon which has a (wide orb) conjunction with my natal pluto? I know there's a big global thing happening right now with staturn and pluto but I dunno if that's relevant here.

Attachments

• natal chart.png
    natal chart.png
    135.9 KB · Views: 73

waybread

Re: Suicide, and mental health problems.

We will have to steer away from suicide, or the moderators will shut this thread down and advise you to call a suicide prevention hotline.

Mental health issues usually but not always, IMO, relate to moon troubles. The moon is your emotional nature. With your moon conjunct Pluto, your feelings may take you to dark places.

However, the energy of Pluto is sex-birth-life-death- rebirth. It is like the phoenix rising from the ashes. So please see if the myth and image of the phoenix resonates with you. Your moon-Pluto squares Mercury which rules your thinking processes.

Sun opposite Neptune can make it difficult for you to develop a clear sense of identity. It can also make you very sensitive to drugs and alcohol, so I hope these are not part of your normal life. As if that weren't enough, Venus opposite moon can make you feel unloveable and prone to attracting criticism. You are perfectly loveable, even though you probably don't feel that way.

One very strong point in your chart is your domiciled Venus in Taurus, conjunct your north node of the moon, which is where you personal growth lies. Venus sextile Mercury probably gives you a pleasant voice.

With all of the emotional pain you feel, I hope you can develop your artistic nature as an outlet for self-expression. Whether you are musical, enjoy creative writing, or have always wanted to paint or sculpt, please give yourself permission to soar through your chosen medium.

Last edited:

We will have to steer away from suicide, or the moderators will shut this thread down and advise you to call a suicide prevention hotline.

Mental health issues usually but not always, IMO, relate to moon troubles. The moon is your emotional nature. With your moon conjunct Pluto, your feelings may take you to dark places.

However, the energy of Pluto is sex-birth-life-death- rebirth. It is like the phoenix rising from the ashes. So please see if the myth and image of the phoenix resonates with you. Your moon-Pluto squares Mercury which rules your thinking processes.

Sun opposite Neptune can make it difficult for you to develop a clear sense of identity. It can also make you very sensitive to drugs and alcohol, so I hope these are not part of your normal life. As if that weren't enough, Venus opposite moon can make you feel unloveable and prone to attracting criticism. You are perfectly loveable, even though you probably don't feel that way.

One very strong point in your chart is your domiciled Venus in Taurus, conjunct your north node of the moon, which is where you personal growth lies. Venus sextile Mercury probably gives you a pleasant voice.

With all of the emotional pain you feel, I hope you can develop your artistic nature as an outlet for self-expression. Whether you are musical, enjoy creative writing, or have always wanted to paint or sculpt, please give yourself permission to soar through your chosen medium.

Thank you, waybread. Your posts are always very insightful, you've told me before to do something artistic and I did paint a little over the summer.

I understand that talk of suicide is not allowed on here, it's par for the course on most sites...

I think there's always been a strong Plutonian vibe througout my life and I guess it's unsurprising as it has quite a wide reach in my chart. I have wondered if that's the crux of my issues at the moment and this feeling like I want to go away but I also feel trapped.

It's all very confusing!

The Venus in Taurus conjunct the north node, what does that mean by the way? You keep saying about artistry, is that what I should be doing to move forward, or help me move forward at least?

EDIT: Also, no I'm not drinking or doing drugs. I used to smoke but I quit over 18 months ago. :)

Last edited:

waybread

Thanks for your feedback.

Sometimes people with a moon-Pluto conjunction had a difficult relationship with their mother. Since Mom is such an important part of most children's formative years, a tough relationship can affect the rest of our lives.

It's not surprising that you are feeling very low at this time. Pluto, after all, was the Roman god of the underworld. You may feel like you are somehow being dragged down to his realm. Transiting Pluto and Saturn just now are messing with your Mercury (thinking, communicating) and squaring your moon (emotions, feelings.)

These transits will pass, but the slow-moving planets ask something from us: usually that we strip away anything superficial or "not me" in your life, so that a more authentic you can emerge.

I find astrology is easier to make sense of if I break it down into key words. The north node has many meanings, but a streamlined one is "where your personal growth lies." Venus rules relationships and love, but also the fine and performing arts, as well as luxuries. Taurus is the fixed earth sign, so persistence is likely to pay off for you, and doing something that is material or practical. Your 10th house rules your public image image and vocation.

Sometimes love takes its time, our vocation takes a while to mature. But we can always support our personal growth in ways consistent with the horoscope.

Mercury is a strong ally here. It rules thoughts, but also the hands. While you are feeling so emotionally vulnerable at this time, it seems to me that a creative outlet for your feelings would be helpful. Painting, absolutely, but something like writing poetry or keeping a journal would also be outlets for your feelings.

Congrats on quitting smoking! :cool:

Last edited:

Thanks for your feedback.

Sometimes people with a moon-Pluto conjunction had a difficult relationship with their mother. Since Mom is such an important part of most children's formative years, a tough relationship can affect the rest of our lives.

It's not surprising that you are feeling very low at this time. Pluto, after all, was the Roman god of the underworld. You may feel like you are somehow being dragged down to his realm. Transiting Pluto and Saturn just now are messing with your Mercury (thinking, communicating) and squaring your moon (emotions, feelings.)

These transits will pass, but the slow-moving planets ask something from us: usually that we strip away anything superficial or "not me" in your life, so that a more authentic you can emerge.

I find astrology is easier to make sense of if I break it down into key words. The north node has many meanings, but a streamlined one is "where your personal growth lies." Venus rules relationships and love, but also the fine and performing arts, as well as luxuries. Taurus is the fixed earth sign, so persistence is likely to pay off for you, and doing something that is material or practical. Your 10th house rules your public image image and vocation.

Sometimes love takes its time, our vocation takes a while to mature. But we can always support our personal growth in ways consistent with the horoscope.

Mercury is a strong ally here. It rules thoughts, but also the hands. While you are feeling so emotionally vulnerable at this time, it seems to me that a creative outlet for your feelings would be helpful. Painting, absolutely, but something like writing poetry or keeping a journal would also be outlets for your feelings.

Congrats on quitting smoking! :cool:

You're entirely correct about my mum - our relationship was strained when I was younger and since I've been an adult I've become very close with my mum. I don't want to elaborate too much on here however I have ended up at a point where I feel I'm unable to move away from my mum - I have lived alone (even over seas!) but I always end up back with my mum. another interesting thing is that my mum is a Capricorn, we're complete opposites of each other and seeing how, and where, saturn is in my chart it's quite a difficult placement. Do you think?

Another thing, since my mental health deteriorated I had to be assessed by a psychiatrist - after the initial assessment I was diagnosed as highly likely to be on the autistic spectrum (high-functioning/Asperger's) and that it's taken until now (I'm 34!) to diagnose as it's apparently difficult to determine in women? The reason I'm pointing this out is that I've always struggled with maintaining relationships and I see there are some interactions within my 11th house - can you see anything about being asocial, or social ineptitude, in my chart?

Thank you again, your posts are always spot on!

EDIT: With regards to social problems, do you think it's the Chiron in my 11th house?

Last edited:

waybread

Chiron in the 11th shows you "where it hurts," but also: with your sun in the 11th house, being part of a social group is important to you. But Neptune opposite sun keeps challenging your identity (sun) as a social person. It's hard to know where you stand with other people, because Neptune is all about illusion and disillusionment, missing the grounded reality in between.

Someone with Asperger's who's been in the news lately is the young Swedish climate activist, Greta Thunberg. She calls Asperger's her "secret weapon" because her condition gives her a lot of focus, without having to care much about what her critics think of her. You may have an area of focus or commitment like that, even if it is one you have not fully developed yet.

Your 11th house of friends, with Taurus on the cusp, takes us back to your 10th house, with your domiciled Venus conjunct your north node. (I forgot to mention that Venus, like the moon, also rules women, so something related to the status of women may be of interest to you.) The Venus-Saturn opposition may make you feel that what you want in life is constantly denied(Saturn.) But Saturn also rules hard work and self-discipline, which are important skills for us to master.

Perhaps if you pursue your personal growth (NN) through your career or vocation in life (10th house) you will meet and attract like-minded people.

One other point in your horoscope you might look at is your part of fortune, which is in the menu of additional data points on the chart construction page at Astrodienst. This generally shows what makes you happy; and often, what you're good at.

Chiron in the 11th shows you "where it hurts," but also: with your sun in the 11th house, being part of a social group is important to you. But Neptune opposite sun keeps challenging your identity (sun) as a social person. It's hard to know where you stand with other people, because Neptune is all about illusion and disillusionment, missing the grounded reality in between.

Someone with Asperger's who's been in the news lately is the young Swedish climate activist, Greta Thunberg. She calls Asperger's her "secret weapon" because her condition gives her a lot of focus, without having to care much about what her critics think of her. You may have an area of focus or commitment like that, even if it is one you have not fully developed yet.

Your 11th house of friends, with Taurus on the cusp, takes us back to your 10th house, with your domiciled Venus conjunct your north node. (I forgot to mention that Venus, like the moon, also rules women, so something related to the status of women may be of interest to you.) The Venus-Saturn opposition may make you feel that what you want in life is constantly denied(Saturn.) But Saturn also rules hard work and self-discipline, which are important skills for us to master.

Perhaps if you pursue your personal growth (NN) through your career or vocation in life (10th house) you will meet and attract like-minded people.

One other point in your horoscope you might look at is your part of fortune, which is in the menu of additional data points on the chart construction page at Astrodienst. This generally shows what makes you happy; and often, what you're good at.

Thanks!

There are things I've managed to achieve (against the odds) in my life through sheer will and, as you say, focus. I do get hyperfocused on things and research them to death if they interest me; this particular aspect of my personality put me in good stead at university when it came to researching and my dissertation.

I did as you said and found that my part of fortune is right at my 4/5th house cusp. I'll attach a screen shot of that.

It's interesting how it's a wide orb conjunct the saturn too; it seems everything is tied into that opposition. Feels like I'm doomed.

Attachments

• Screenshot (17).jpg
    Screenshot (17).jpg
    62.9 KB · Views: 32
Last edited:

Virinchi

Saturn, Venus and Moon (partially) are influenced by Nodes.
Also Mercury and Mars not helping much.
Next 3 years are tough transits

waybread

I don't think you're doomed. I think you're experiencing some difficult transits now.

The 5th house relates to recreation/leisure activities, as well as children. Recreation= re-creation. Maybe you would benefit from making time for yourself to engage in some leisure activities you enjoy.

Saturn isn't all bad here. You may enjoy some activities that Saturn's past-based orientation relates to. Also, geology, architecture, , hiking in the mountains, farming. (It's a longer list, but the main thing is to consider what you enjoy.)

alphatauri

I don't want to go into too much detail about it but i'm wondering if anyone could tell me if there is some indication of these things in someone's natal chart?

I don't know if this is against the forum rules or not? but I attempted suicide on the 12th of January and, although I am trying to get better, I feel like it won't matter and that it will just get worse.
I don't want any advice on this, just purely the astrological aspects please.

I've attached my natal chart, I tried looking at transits but I can't really see much apart from transiting pluto squaring my moon which has a (wide orb) conjunction with my natal pluto? I know there's a big global thing happening right now with staturn and pluto but I dunno if that's relevant here.

12th of January, looks like it was 2019*, don't worry, everything is in the past :smile:

Cary2

Banned
I have looked at the natal chart, and I looked at the progressed chart on the 12th Jan., 2020. I use solar arc directions and transits.

As to natal contacts, most relevant to the topic, in my opinion, is Neptune opposed to Sun in the Twelfth House. This suggests a delicate psyche. It is common in cases of so-called mental illness.

Also Mars trines the midpoint of Pluto/Saturn which is a tendency to suicide or suicide attempts. Of course, many people with such configurations are not apparently suicidal, but it is a common picture in charts that are. I would usually expect that Mars would be in hard aspect to the midpoint, but perhaps the trine suggests that you don't complete the suicide attempt.

Natal Uranus is opposed the Ascendant/Midheaven midpoint. This suggests a tendency to be drastic and unpredictable.

I suspect you were born about six minutes past the time on your chart, about 7:51 am.

The transits on Jan 12 are chiefly transiting Uranus opposed to natal Pluto. That aspect can cause natives to commit sudden dangerous acts.

Transiting Neptune was square to both your natal Uranus and your Ascendant/Midheaven midpoint. This is a blow to your sanity that will have significant impact. It is chaotic with a troubled imagination.

In Solar Arc, a Yod had formed with natal Sun opposed to the midpoint of the sextile between sa.Pluto and sa.Neptune. This puts strain on your sense of well-being. Both this and the transiting Neptune square to As/Mc and Uranus that I previously mentioned suggests you were open to otherworldly influence.

Plus, sa.Uranus is square n.Mc. A tendency to be erratic, drastic, and unpredictable.

This confluence of events is not just rare, it is unique in your life. This combination cannot happen exactly this way again. Most of these are rare occurrences, and their combination is even rarer.

Last edited: