Does your life really need a grand purpose for existing?

Bunraku

e20e85d5a55ba3cc2952fb7c7d0469fffdfc7c74.jpg

Thirdteenth

I disagree with this. I’m meant to become Superman and save the world from outer forces that would like to see earth as we know it obliterated! My destiny were written in the stars Bunraku. I have a destiny :)

Bunraku

I disagree with this. I’m meant to become Superman and save the world from outer forces that would like to see earth as we know it obliterated! My destiny were written in the stars Bunraku. I have a destiny :)

Mine is to eat hot Cheetos with beige stiletto acrylics. Maybe takis if I want to treat myself :)

Dirius

Wouldn't that person's purpose then become to wander through life experiencing all manner of odd and interesting things?

Bunraku

Wouldn't that person's purpose then become to wander through life experiencing all manner of odd and interesting things?

No?
Everyone’s going to be an Amazon work slave a decade from now. Might as well enjoy a few things before we’re captured and purchased by the big A

Dirius

No?
Everyone’s going to be an Amazon work slave a decade from now. Might as well enjoy a few things before we’re captured and purchased by the big A

I mean ... I know people whose life journey is to travel and smoke weird plants.

Doesn't that qualify as a "purpose"? what would be the definition?

Bunraku

I mean ... I know people whose life journey is to travel and smoke weird plants.

Doesn't that qualify as a "purpose"? what would be the definition?

I mean they’re not defining it as a purpose, they’re just chilling and going on about their daily lives. I think this post is aimed towards those people like thirdteenth who believe in all that stuff. It’s self defined.

There are religious systems where they consider it universal, and not adhering to it will result in disaster. But that’s a more nuanced conversation for a jokey Twitter post :lol:

Dirius

I mean they’re not defining it as a purpose, they’re just chilling and going on about their daily lives.

Yeah but that is their life ambition. A friend of mine just likes to travel, smoke stuff, and chill. He works the bare minimum to support his lifestyle. Wouldn't that be a purpose in itself?

Bunraku

Yeah but that is their life ambition. A friend of mine just likes to travel, smoke stuff, and chill. He works the bare minimum to support his lifestyle. Wouldn't that be a purpose in itself?

I don’t know. Ask him!
Did he define it as his life mission/purpose/ambition?

Jacklier

Yes. In my inner world i have to have a grand purpose. When you have a purpose and fight for it, you will always progress in life. This is why todays generation is soo lifeless, because they dont have a purpose/ path/ plan, nothing. They live "day for day". Always depressed, because they have soo much time to waste on their hands. The medicine for these things is work, work, work.. If we dont have great ideas to follow, then we will be nothing different than animals - sleep, eat, reproduce, repeat. I see soo much people around me, who love to just stay on one spot their whole life. I am Uranus dominant and progress is the dominant purpose in my life. Progress in studying, self-discipline, self-control, cleaning, working, ect... i just have to do something. :biggrin:
My life motto is simple: Progress

Last edited:

Bunraku

Yes. In my inner world i have to have a grand purpose. When you have a purpose and fight for it, you will always progress in life. This is why todays generation is soo lifeless, because they dont have a purpose/ path/ plan, nothing. They live "day for day". Always depressed, because they have soo much time to waste on their hands. The medicine for these things is work, work, work.. If we dont have great ideas to follow, then we will be nothing different than animals - sleep, eat, reproduce, repeat. I see soo much people around me, who love to just stay on one spot their whole life. I am Uranus dominant and progress is the dominant purpose in my life. Progress in studying, self-discipline, self-control, cleaning, working, ect... i just have to do something. :biggrin:
My life motto is simple: Progress
Working to do what?

Most people’s deathbed regret is that they worked too hard and not have had a chance to enjoy life.

Bunraku

I mean there are people who work 100x harder than any of us will but still end up in poverty. I’m picturing immigrants who try to make it in the new country, by making ends meet working laborious and generally “unwanted” jobs.

But I also understand hard work can give you an accomplished life if you were born under the right circumstances, aka had resources and education available.