Why is it 'This Way or That'? Astrology, Can You Give Me Some Answers?

surrealsuburb123

As a freshman in high school, career matters have started to become more urgent since there are only a few years till college. From a very young age I've been thinking about what I'd want to do, but as I look at my chart and assess my abilities, things have started to get narrowed down a bit more. I'm an indecisive person, but I can be very logical, so I'm trying to rule out all the possibilities. One big question is, what career suites me as far as what my chart points to and what it says about my abilities and values? I have a Saggitarius MC, and when I think of how much I love writing and how much of a propensity I have for it, I try to apply that to the theme of my MC. So I presumed Journalism. Now, I didn't fully take the rest of the chart into account, because I wasn't quite sure where to look. When it comes to creative ability (applied in writing) I assumed I should look to the 3rd house (communications) and 5th house (creativity), but I'm not sure on how I would connect it with my MC. I do like to write creatively as well, so I can't say exactly. But if I do seriously take up writing or journalism, I'm not sure how much of a success I would be.

But, without looking for it in my chart, I took in interest in Psychology and Music. I have ability in Music, and I'd like to study Psychology and see where that would take me.

Stereo-typically, with Saggi on my MC, I want to travel and experience the world, but also help people. But I really want to express my creative abilities too. So that's where the confusion starts.

There's also the fact that my family members have very high expectations of me, but I do too. But they really pressure me into being something like a doctor or lawyer, etc.; as long as it doesn't have to do with anything "Art" related. That's all that's usually expected from a child in an Ethiopian household. :annoyed: I related this pressure and high expectation from my family to my Pluto conjunct MC. I can understand that power hungriness in me as well. I just want to be happy in my career, but I also want them to be proud of me. My parents moved here so I can have good opportunities and succeed, and make a good name for my family. That's the pressure of an immigrant living in America, you see. I refuse to be forced into a career, but I still want to make my family happy.

Before I fully try to figure that out, I just want a little direction so I can know where I should be developing a plan and knowledge. I think I've figured out some of my chart, as far as career, but I'm sure there is much more I'm not seeing.

Thank you for reading this.

Surreal

(P.S.) I attached 3 charts in Equal House, Placidus, and Whole Sign, so if someone prefers one over the other.

Attachments

• Placidus.jpg
    Placidus.jpg
    85.8 KB · Views: 14
  • Whole Sign.jpg
    Whole Sign.jpg
    87.3 KB · Views: 14
  • Equal.jpg
    Equal.jpg
    84.9 KB · Views: 11
Last edited:

StillOne

I've read some of your posts. Jeez, you come across so intelligent for your age. Already you're worried about college and your only a freshman in HS. Way to think ahead! If only I'd done that... doh! Lol :andy:

I find your Mercury in Aries interesting in light of what I mentioned about your mental nature above. Interesting that it forms a trine to Pluto which is where you may get your depth from. Also, a sextile to Uranus (chart ruler) in the 12th!(equal house) Great aspects there... :smile: Just felt like mentioning :joyful:

Your MC is in Sag which is a great position for higher thinking and education. What's that ruler doing? Jupiter in the first! Wow, research "ruler of the 10th in the 1st house". I would consider using that strong mind of yours. 10th house cusp is Scorpio and could possibly point to areas of healing. However, I think you really have to consider your Ascendant as well. That points to originality and forward thinking concepts. What are you interested in? If I were you, I would attempt to assess your natural strengths through not only astrology but other personality tests, etc. Then fuse your deepest passions with your strengths. It'll put you in something where you're interested and naturally strong.

If you really want to dig deeper, place your mind at the end of your life. Looking back, what do you want to have done? Write those things down and go do them... as long as it's healthy and non-violent of course!

Lucky for you, you have plenty of time to decide what to do. I'll contemplate a bit and return. Hope to see other members chime in.

Good day to you :joyful:

Last edited:

surrealsuburb123

Thank you, StillOne, for your insight. :happy:

What are you interested in? If I were you, I would attempt to assess your natural strengths through not only astrology but other personality tests, etc. Then fuse your deepest passions with your strengths. It'll put you in something where you're interested and naturally strong.

I love to write; creatively and informatively! I'm also interested in the world- sorry if I'm being a bit vague. I want to help others, and also use my career as an outlet of my creativity and desire to spread awareness and peace. I know sound trite, but I value those things. But as far as a "talent", or an inclination, I know writing is my best weapon:devil:-- I mean ability. :innocent:

I have taken an interest in journalism, maybe reporting as well. I have been told that I express eloquence through my writing and speech-- even though when I talk I tend to come at a loss for words at times (probably because my Mercury is Rx).

I think through those things I'd be "fusing my strengths and passions", but I don't want to only stick to one career!

I love music and I have a strong affinity for it, and quite some skill too. I'm mainly self-taught in a lot of instruments I play, and I enjoy composing. The thing is, I'm not much of performer as much as I am someone who just makes music for its sake. I want to say that it is due to my Neptune square Mars being in the 12th house. I was very fixated on making it a career, but then I realized that it may not be effective, and it just doesn't seem like something I'm destined to do and I doubt I'd be much of a success. I was disappointed when coming to this realization, but I think it's important to be practical.

Anyways, you mentioned personality tests. I took something similar to a personality test, which it would tell you your natural strengths and how to develop them. From the results I got, it seemed to me like I'd make a good teacher,and I actually do like teaching. I'd want to teach little children or maybe be a college professor.

If you really want to dig deeper, place your mind at the end of your life. Looking back, what do you want to have done? Write those things down and go do them...

That's a GREAT IDEA! I'm going to do that and I will come back to you on that.

Gramercy to you. :smile:

Surreal

Last edited: