Palmistry and Astrology

surrealsuburb123

I've been wondering if anyone on this forum actually practices Chiromancy?

I know that the mounts on the palm are in relation with the planets, but is there any other relation(s) to Astrology?
I read a lot about palmistry when I was 12 and I attempted to read my own and other's palms.

What I like about palmistry is that it is not as complicated as Astrology, in the sense that all the lines are there and they have certain meanings and it's not like if you combine them or aspect them etc... it'll change the meaning and its effect. It's just like a map of your life. There are other factors (like shape of hand, fingers, nails etc...) that can tell about your personality. I think it's a little more clear-cut than Astrology.

But I'm interested to hear what you guys think. :biggrin:

Last edited:

dr. farr

I have great respect for (expert) palmistry, however, although I have studied it (moderately) I personally have not been attracted to it very much (my taste is much more for astrology and also other divinatory arts, particularly Tarot) But there is great value in palmistry, and excellent books have been written on it (from both a Western and a Vedic point of view, especially so the later) One book I can solidly recommend as an introduction (to Western astro-palmistry) is by Dylan Warren-Davis, entitled "The Hand Reveals", easily available from various internet vendors (including Amazon)