Which house rules step father?

lilithofeden

If I asked a question "Will my son like _____ as a step-father?", since I am directly asking about my son, he would take the first house.... which house would the step-father be?

Culpeper

Premium Member
Always keep things as simple as possible in horary. The chart assumes that only the question exists not your whole family and all other relationships. In the 20th century astrologers began using a complicated system of house skipping with horary that really belongs in natal.

Also this sounds like a mind reading question which we do not like. It should be rephrased into something you can actually see. Such as "will matters go well together between son and step father or new husband?"

Since you are asking the question, your son is the 5th house no matter if you have an older child. Using the same logic, step father will be your new husband so use the 7th house for him.

Look for favorable aspects and mutual receptions between significators. Consider the question carefully before you actually ask it and take down the time.

dr. farr

I'll pretty much go along with Culpeper's posting; use the 5th lord for you son and the 7th lord for your husband (which is his step-father); I would say that you are not a bystander in this matter, so even though the question is about your son, you would still be involved (and thus get the 1st house)

lilithofeden

Always keep things as simple as possible in horary. The chart assumes that only the question exists not your whole family and all other relationships. In the 20th century astrologers began using a complicated system of house skipping with horary that really belongs in natal.

Also this sounds like a mind reading question which we do not like. It should be rephrased into something you can actually see. Such as "will matters go well together between son and step father or new husband?"

Since you are asking the question, your son is the 5th house no matter if you have an older child. Using the same logic, step father will be your new husband so use the 7th house for him.

Look for favorable aspects and mutual receptions between significators. Consider the question carefully before you actually ask it and take down the time.

Thank you! If I were to look at the natal chart to see what's going on... would I use the 11th house for the step-child because it's opposite the 5th house?? I read that somewhere... and do you know what the step father would be ruled by?

Culpeper

Premium Member
According to the 20th century astrologer Marc Edmund Jones, the 10th house is the step father in a natal chart. Lilly says nothing about it.

Last edited: