Self esteem and relationships

jessica213

Hello all 😊 I have a few aspects that are unfortunate to my self esteem and confidence as a woman.

Moon conjunct Saturn
Moon square Venus

I Have read Numerous self help books... tons. I do think I’ve grown slightly throughout the years but I feel as if I’m never worthy enough for love. I’ve been betrayed by a previous lover many times and tried to work it out. Now, I’m with a much healthier of a man, much more reserved and understanding but I find myself trying to push him away and feeling very threatened by his ex wife that they share a 10 yr old daughter. I would truly appreciate either advice on how to overcome these issues from someone that has personal experience with these aspects or similar. Thank you 🙏🏼

Hi, I think it's great that you see yourself developing your confidence and self-esteem over time and that your current relationship is more reliable than your past ones! So congrats :)
I don't have similar planetary aspects in my chart to yours but my dad did remarry when I was 11 and I've realized how insecure my stepmother was, which manifested in making me feel really excluded and unloved by my dad! Maybe it helps you to think that every ounce of confidence you can muster will benefit your partner's daughter tenfold. I've seen this in my relationship with my own daughter, as well. As I've learned to be more confident, so has she!
The planets in Aquarius right now are leading us to look back at those who come up behind us on the spiritual path (the sabian symbol for the recent new moon points to this) and by focusing on our generosity on those who are younger than us we can step into greater maturity. We're nearing the end of the zodiac and we gained a lot from the hardships of 2020 and the capricorn planets, so it's a great time for coming into our maturity and spreading it to the future generations!
All the best and again, I congratulate you on your journey. You are showing up for yourself by speaking up and that is confidence, even if what you are talking about is lack of confidence!! :)
Peace
Elizabeth

Lin

Lunar aspects of the type you mention do not go away. Because they represent trauma or abuse of some kind you had as a child, you are left with this poor self image and lack of self worth.
There are a LOT of ways to work on these issues....there are 12 step programs for children of addiction, co-dependence, and trauma.
There are self help seminars, videos, books, ---actually there is literally something for everyone.

BUT...the CORE issue is that once you experience this betrayal of your trust, it is almost impossible to trust again.

And you can find yourself in a vicious cycle....and that may be where you are now.

If your man cannot convince you that he is not overly dependent with HIS ex, this may be a problem. First of all, he MAY be overly connected to his ex....and yet still have no more physical desire for her.

But I do know this: if you push him away and he hasn't done anything to deserve it, then you have done something self destructive. That is a whole other discussion and I'd have to see your entire birth chart.

LIN

Last edited:

waybread

Are you able to have a relationship with the daughter? That would be a really positive step.

Can you post your chart?

These two aspects are not operating in a vacuum.

jessica213

Thank you for your response. I haven’t read it until today and actually the day after you posted it I did begin pushing him away (on his birthday), he broke up with me that night and his ex was back at his place that same night. We were not together very long but the intensity of this betrayal compared to others was quite strong. I’m currently in a rebound with the father of my son and although good for now, I’m sure he is dealing with other women (maybe just in communication, not physical), I will never trust him. I honestly don’t think I can’t trust anyone anymore. I did not think he would go back to his ex so immediate. I love my ex for many reasons but trusting him with other women is not ever going to happen. Sorry that I’m all over the place. It’s how I feel in my heart and mind right now.

Lunar aspects of the type you mention do not go away. Because they represent trauma or abuse of some kind you had as a child, you are left with this poor self image and lack of self worth.
There are a LOT of ways to work on these issues....there are 12 step programs for children of addiction, co-dependence, and trauma.
There are self help seminars, videos, books, ---actually there is literally something for everyone.

BUT...the CORE issue is that once you experience this betrayal of your trust, it is almost impossible to trust again.

And you can find yourself in a vicious cycle....and that may be where you are now.

If your man cannot convince you that he is not overly dependent with HIS ex, this may be a problem. First of all, he MAY be overly connected to his ex....and yet still have no more physical desire for her.

But I do know this: if you push him away and he hasn't done anything to deserve it, then you have done something self destructive. That is a whole other discussion and I'd have to see your entire birth chart.

LIN