rectifying a conception chart

Moon Unit

I have been obsessed with trying to figure out when I was conceived. I know of a few methods but would like to hear what ideas are out there and whether anyone has heard of ways of using the birthchart to find conception.

JUPITERASC

I have been obsessed with trying to figure out when I was conceived. I know of a few methods but would like to hear what ideas are out there and whether anyone has heard of ways of using the birthchart to find conception.
There is an astrological technique from antiquity - generally known as the Prenatal Epoch - that is reliable for chart rectification and/or verification of ascendant

QUOTE:
'....Ascendant, or its opposite, at birth, is Moon's position at conception.

....Known as THE TRUTINE OF HERMES from Hermes Trismegistus who stated the law as follows:

"The place of the Moon at conception becomes the birth ascendant or its opposite point....."

"...But this proved to be but one-half of a very important law, for while the...

Ascendant at birth was the place of the Moon at a certain Epoch, the Ascendant or its opposite point at this Epoch was the place of the Moon at birth

....a very remarkable interchange of factors." E.H. Bailey.

– details viewable at http://www.darrelyngunzburg.com/PDFs/PreNatalEpoch.pdf

I noticed that Solar Fire calculated the prenatal Epoch when I purchased my own personal a copy of Solar Fire bought directly from the company and for which I paid the full original price which was not cheap!

HOWEVER my software copy of Solar Fire is currently installed on an older computer that is no longer in use due to my having upgraded with new computer equipment.

FURTHERMORE I have no interest in using Solar Fire because I purchased and installed Placidus 7 and Porphyrius Magus obtained from Rumen Kolev at Babylonian Astrology website http://www.babylonianastrology.com/

NEVERTHELESS I retain the disc I purchased directly from Solar Fire i.e. it is not a second hand disc so I paid full price. I keep that disc for several reasons, one of which is that I may need it.

However, it is my opinion that to calculate the prenatal Epoch without the use of software is the more accurate method

Detailed instructions on precisely how to calculate the pre-natal Epoch may be viewed FOR FREE at http://www.rosicrucian.com/zineen/pamen034.htm :smile:

discussion at http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?p=434585#post434585

Moon Unit

Thank you so much for your reply. I do envy the fact that your program had an option for this. I have had Kepler 7 for some years and even payed the ENORMOUS amount for Sirius to add to it, which do NOTHING for me, LITERALLY, NO JOKE. Infact, I was on the Sirius waiting list before it came out because I was told it would have more asteroids than Keplers 1000, which Idon't remember if it did because it sits in a drawer and has for years. It had a glitch in its charting (OH YAH, THAT IS SO NOT COOL, RIGHT). Then they wanted me to go to some sight they made to fix the glitch and I was lost, so now I am back to using my Kepler 7. From what I have heard of yours and another it has options I don't. Sorry about the rambling.

I do like the prenatal epoch, Hermetic thing (sorry about terminology). My name is Shawna and this conception chart puts the asteroid- 4510 Shawna- on the Ascendant. Shawna was a name my father wanted to name a daughter since he was a child.

I have also read about the conception being the sidereal 7th harmonic chart Sun degree and minute. I got it from this sight when I looked up astrology conception http://www.angelfire.com/sd/binah/formula.html.

I also tried counting backwards exactly the amount of gestation days for humans and did a chart.

StillConfused

There is an astrological technique from antiquity - generally known as the Prenatal Epoch - that is reliable for chart rectification and/or verification of ascendant

QUOTE:
'....Ascendant, or its opposite, at birth, is Moon's position at conception.

....Known as THE TRUTINE OF HERMES from Hermes Trismegistus who stated the law as follows:

"The place of the Moon at conception becomes the birth ascendant or its opposite point....."

"...But this proved to be but one-half of a very important law, for while the...

Ascendant at birth was the place of the Moon at a certain Epoch, the Ascendant or its opposite point at this Epoch was the place of the Moon at birth

....a very remarkable interchange of factors." E.H. Bailey.

– details viewable at http://www.darrelyngunzburg.com/PDFs/PreNatalEpoch.pdf

GENIUS!! I'm blown away by how much this solves. Now this clearly isn't perfect if the time of birth is totally unknown, but OM f-ing G, the difference it makes!!!!!

StillConfused

Hi all,

I've noticed this method breaks down when a person is born an odd number of weeks prematurely or late.

Any ideas on how the birth time may be rectified then?

More specifically, I'm interested in digging up potential conception charts which this method is good for with the exception described above.

So, .. what's an astrologer to do ;-) ?

Zarathu

Account Closed
Not related to the subject, but I've also enjoyed the music of Frank Zappa, perhaps you too. It would be delightful if you were actually his daughter.

greybeard

May is my month for asking Stupid Questions
And I thought I'd do a little practice run to get warmed up....

Once you get this Guaranteed Correct, Money Back No Questions Asked Conception Chart

what are you going to do with it?
What is it going to tell you?

I know those aren't Blue Ribbon Stupid Questions
But I'm just warming up.

StillConfused

Not related to the subject, but I've also enjoyed the music of Frank Zappa, perhaps you too. It would be delightful if you were actually his daughter.

Frank Zappa is interesting, but I don't think I'd enjoy listening to him all the time. For some reason I find the songs I've heard so far to be a little obnoxious. Thanks for sharing anyhow.

JUPITERASC

Hi all,

I've noticed this method breaks down when a person is born an odd number of weeks prematurely

or

late.

Any ideas on how the birth time may be rectified then?

More specifically, I'm interested in digging up potential conception charts which this method is good for with the exception described above.

So, .. what's an astrologer to do ;-) ?
an astrologer faced with this dilemma
has the option to read/thoroughly study the far more DETAILED INSTRUCTIONS

on precisely how to calculate the pre-natal Epoch Rectification Method
WHICH INCLUDE THOSE SITUATIONS REFERRED TO
and may be viewed FOR FREE at
http://www.rosicrucian.com/zineen/pamen034.htm :pouty:

StillConfused

Amazing. Thanks for the incredible help you always share :happy:

Edit: for some reason I forgot I could use the thanks button xD. Been away for too long!

Last edited:

StillConfused

They say the soul enters the body at birth, and this may be true, but my connection to my conception chart has left me wanting to know more.

I feel there may be quite some validity to this:

"...It may be stated that the Epoch has a more intimate relationship with the individual than the horoscope at birth, the latter appearing to reject the personality and its heredity and environment. In other words, the Epoch represents the man about to manifest in the flesh, the horoscope denotes actual personal conditions and environments into which he is born. ..."-- Bailey.

I have not analyzed mine fully enough to feel whether it reflects personal conditions and environments in addition to personality or not, but the 8th house Leo stellium with Jupiter conjunctions to retrograde Mercury and Venus, as well as the intercepted 7th house with Chiron, and 12th house Rahu, are very intriguing, as well as the draconic chart of my conception date and time. I know I may sound like a looney to some reading this, but it's just patterns I can't deny.

EDIT: This may not be my chart. I have been told I was born on time but it looks like I was probably just under 2 weeks late. This would make sense because my grandparents, who had travelled a long way for the purpose of my birth, nearly missed me, as I arrived a night or two before their return. The new chart I found is EVEN closer to home to me, including the details, the ASPECTS; so this is a huge lesson for me. A lesson in intuition and differentiation.
Who would have thought...Cancer...no wonder I have such a love-hate relationship to that energy and that I'm so big on self-worth development vs. accpmplishment bandaids I know all too well...and that don't work...and that I can't even continue anymore. Confusing for a sidereal Cap Moon and a Western NN in Cap in the 10th.

It's gotten me really interested in soul and matter connection, and wishing I could read more theories regarding when it is that these two really merge, but I haven't found much material on this.

For this purpose, I watched Teal's video "should I get an abortion or keep the baby", which I'll reference below. She gives an interesting perspective about my question between 1:04 and 5:20. Any validity of this would imply that some people relate more to their conception charts than others.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yanKZEKGLZw

Last edited:

StillConfused

Hi JUPITERASC, quite honestly I just got to the instructions that are on here and would you please, or anyone, help to clear them up?

It says,

"When making the count [of degrees to determine no. of days late/premature], count to the Ascendant (AC) when the Moon is increasing in light, and to the Descendant (DC) when the Moon is decreasing in light."

but in the same paragraph it says, when the Moon is above the horizon and decreasing in light, to calculate the "
the distance of the Moon in degrees from the horizon which it is approaching, divided by thirteen". But the horizon it is approaching IS THE ASCENDANT, if it is above the horizon. And let us imagine we're ignoring that it crosses the ascendant first, and suppose we mean the descendant. Then the degrees to the descendant will be 180°+. Fine.

Then there's Figure 2. The distance between the Moon and DC is 106° somehow for an above-the-horizon Moon; this would only work if we were counting from the DC TO the Moon. Is that what is meant by "from the horizon which it is approaching"? We're also dividing it by 18 instead of 13 now.

It would be great to see what I am missing. Are we not using the elliptic plane to calculate distances?

Thanks to anyone. x

Last edited: