North Node Return

Claire19

This has recently been something I have noticed. I've never really looked into the nodes before. What do the events surrounding this return mean? Large importance in your life? Karma wise, something in this lifetime?
Not that I believe in transitting nodes but hitting the natal north node may have some effect after all. Would be interesting to gauge that one.

Ever open minded.

:happy:

Claire19

Hello!

I just came across this topic searching the net and wanted to share recent discoveries about nodes in my life!

I wanted to say that my first Nodal return was HUGELY significant. The very brief time in which it was exact, I had a large life culmination and then met a man who profoundly impacted and altered my destiny. The return was exact, to the minute, the day we met. What is also profound about this relationship is that our composite pluto has aspects to almost every other planet in the composite chart, and this heavily aspected composite pluto is also, to the minute, exactly conjunct my natal south node. I only recently made these discoveries and it has been a PROFOUND release for me.

The relationship was incredibly karmic and my life was totally altered by it. This is somebody who I was able to describe years before I met him and when we were together it felt like he had just fallen out of the sky to be the most perfect boyfriend alive. Sadly, after a while it was very painful for both of us as we both experienced dramatic life changes while we were in contact. We had unbelievable power struggles and all that other stuff associated with pluto... The most telling thing, to me, was that some things played out in our relationship that were very obviously a part of my karma -- dealing with death and addictions, so on. We finally cut ties about a year ago, but I can safely say that this relationship not only altered the course of my life, it also brought to the surface my deepest fears/insecurities and has helped me process and purge these things. Another element of this relationship that was significant to me is that our composite north node is exactly conjunct my chiron. Basically, I deduced that this person came into my life to repeat a karmic scene from a past life and basically force a rebirth and healing process. And then finding out that the day we first connected was literally the day of my nodal return is just crazy... Since that was the point I felt my destiny really changed. He taught me so much about life, I don't even know where to begin... and years later I am in a place in my life that I would have never expected but fully know is the direct result of lessons I learned through this relationship and the surrounding experiences during that time of my life.

This was an incredibly deep relationship... In terms of nodes it was more dramatic for me than for him which is fairly obvious by how the relationship ultimately effected our lives (I have been very stimulated by it and it's very much effected my life direction/understanding of the world/how i relate to others/how i relate to myself/ so on -- he has found certain things from the relationship which have changed his life but has not reflected similar kinds of changes in his path). During the time we were connected, I moved away and had five years I consider my "dark night of the soul" ... I was very depressed, extremely overworked, lots of very traumatic events. I had very few friends and even though our relationship was very tumultuous, we carried each other through a time that was very difficult for both of us. I was forced in this period to reevaluate everything about my life: What was important to me, my relationships, my career, my lifestyle, what I needed to survive... There were a lot of other transits going on that have effected all this obviously, but the ultimate effect of this node-bound relationship seemed to be a) to put me on my true path through a series of trials that showed me my "chosen" path (up til that point) was not the correct one, so a career shift ... b) to purge me of many of my south node compulsions/fears/tendencies so that I develop the tools to pursue my true path... to recognize the steps involved and to be less fearful about them (i'm likely to end up a 'pioneer' in a sense, since i work best for myself and have a varied set of interests, and this is SO not comfortable for me -- i'd rather be a conformist but i simply CAN'T) and c) to provide all of this on the deepest levels -- deep recognition, deep wounds, deep healing, deep transformation so that I can raise my consciousness and compassionately teach/lead others in a way that is genuine, which has always been very important to me. This provides a very necessary backing for my work. Definitely, I feel like this relationship was probably the one which will in many ways define the work I do for the next major cycle of my life... It basically operated as a catalyst -- bringing south node stuff directly to my north node so that I can move toward my north node with more alacrity. I think my Saturn Return/NN-SN conjunction will be a very significant stepping stone (Saturn is a huge point of contention in my chart) but I got a head start on those bitchez!

Anyway, just wanted to share my experience :) This discovery has reassured me that everything happens for a reason and that I am following the path that I am meant to in this life. I know that sounds crazy, but the nodes were like the key that unlocked this whole relationship which I have been struggling with for almost 7 years.

(Random side note: The day we met was also a time when my progressed sun and moon were exactly conjunct in the 7th house. Another symbol of a significant cycle starting. All in all, this node karma was some serious times.)
As you say the other aspects that you mention were responsible for the influence that you describe. I am not convinced of effect of any nodal return even back to the north node. I agree that the natal node placement is very significant for us all and if you have a planet conjunct or opposing that natally and then a transit comes along that involves that same planet, may be some validity then. The natal chart always has to echo what is transitting or progressing for major events......

I'm not convinced transiting node does much either, my Angles are very sensitive and it creates a grand cross with my natal T Square and nothing happened. So unless we can see what else was going on in your chart, which sounds very much like pluto crossing an Angle to me...

as T node in spring will be conj MC, I will come back and update this thread....

Last edited:

JUPITERASC

As you say the other aspects that you mention were responsible for the influence that you describe. I am not convinced of effect of any nodal return even back to the north node. I agree that the natal node placement is very significant for us all and if you have a planet conjunct or opposing that natally and then a transit comes along that involves that same planet, may be some validity then. The natal chart always has to echo what is transitting or progressing for major events......

Celeste Teal is a Modern Astrologer who has written several books, including one focussing entirely on the “Lunar Nodes” http://moonvalleyastrologer.com/moon_nodes.htm and http://moonvalleyastrologer.com/tutorial.htm#An%20Astrologer%27s%20Toolkit guidelines from 'Astrologers Toolkit'

- the conjunction and opposition aspects of the North & South Node to natal planets emphasizes the nature of the planet, bringing about experiences, situations, conditions and feelings associated with the particular planet - even showing an emphasis on the people in your life that are ruled by the planet e.g.: Sun = father, Moon = mother http://moonvalleyastrologer.com/astrology_journal.htm#Transiting Nodes Impact to Planets

Also Rob Tillett an astrologer with thirty years experience says quote: on http://www.astrologycom.com/nodes.html

The significance of the Nodes is widely underestimated in Western Astrology over the past fifty years, due to some extent to the rise of "psychological"/"humanistic" interpretative paradigms that have devalued many traditional features of the astrologer's toolkit. Traditional Western astrology along with Vedic, or Indian astrology, places the Nodes on the same critical level of importance as the Sun, Moon and other visible planets. They are personal eclipse points of the chart... experience shows the Nodes have a significant effect on the destinies of all beings who dwell on the surface of the Earth. The Moon's Nodes are very important! :smile:

Shiny star

This is so current for me, I'm having my North Node Return soon...(Sag 17 deg)...

I dont remember if anything significant happened at the age 18...I was studying yes, but it was normal situation...nothing surprising about that. But, when I had North Node conjucting my South Node (conjuct Venus 0 deg), it was really significant: I married, got first child, bought a house...and all that during month-or two...:w00t:

But in that time Pluto was conjucting my North Node (oppositing my South Node+Venus)...maybe that's why this marriage is not so happy as I wish it could have been. And actually now divorce is in my mind very strongly...:unsure: (or actually it has been in my mind already over 2 years or so...)

Time will show how everything will settle down...I believe that everything will end up to be for our best, even it hurts sometimes...

Shiny star
xxxx

This is so current for me, I'm having my North Node Return soon...(Sag 17 deg)...

I dont remember if anything significant happened at the age 18...I was studying yes, but it was normal situation...nothing surprising about that. But, when I had North Node conjucting my South Node (conjuct Venus 0 deg), it was really significant: I married, got first child, bought a house...and all that during month-or two...:w00t:

But in that time Pluto was conjucting my North Node (oppositing my South Node+Venus)...maybe that's why this marriage is not so happy as I wish it could have been. And actually now divorce is in my mind very strongly...:unsure: (or actually it has been in my mind already over 2 years or so...)

Shiny star
xxxx

that is exactly what *pluto* does, not north node.:love:

JUPITERASC

Rob Tillett, an astrologer with more than three decades experience, is the editor and publisher of Astrology on the Web and has this to say on the subject:

Progressions and transits to the natal Nodes invariably signify major releases of energy related to the planet in question and the house activated thereby. The transiting nodes have a remarkably powerful effect when passing over a natal planet or chart factor, such as the Part of Fortune, the ascendant/descendant cusps or the MC/IC. The Dragon's Tail in particular seems to mark relationships with a genuinely karmic quality, often signifying the emergence (and sometimes finalising) of commitments from the deep past. The Dragon's Head is more concerned with activating or energising personal ambitions, aims and developing purposes.

Source: http://www.astrologycom.com/nodes.html :smile:

yep, as HE says transiting Nodes going over *Angles* can be important. We are still debating Nodal returns being of value, which I think is still minimal, having tested them myself

JUPITERASC

In Vedic Astrology great importance has been attached to the Nodes from the time of the earliest recorded astrological texts (about 2000 BC) :smile:

JUPITERASC

This has recently been something I have noticed. I've never really looked into the nodes before. What do the events surrounding this return mean? Large importance in your life? Karma wise, something in this lifetime?[/QUOTE]

DevelishAngel, the Nodes are considered of great importance by Vedic astrologers who have used them in interpretation for several thousand years whereas with reference to your question Karma wise, in Modern Astrology Celeste Teal has devoted an entire book to the subject entitled "Lunar Nodes: Discover Your Soul's Karmic Mission" :smile:
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/0738713376/celestetealshome

MissyXo

This has recently been something I have noticed. I've never really looked into the nodes before. What do the events surrounding this return mean? Large importance in your life? Karma wise, something in this lifetime?

I know this is an old thread but my son was born during my first nodal return, he definitely pushed me (and still does) towards my north node. His birth was a huge turning point for me. He has forced me to focus less on obtaining material wealth and to focus more on doing things that have value to everyone. Actively doing things that don't require material possessions or a lot of money is something I have learnt to enjoy. Becoming a parent and realizing my child needed my time and the lessons I had to teach more than money was ultimately what lead me to revolving the rest of my life around that perspective.

My north node in 8th house Virgo conjunct my mars.
South node in 2nd house conjunct my sun and mercury.

My sons north node in 6th house Virgo conjunct his mars and Venus
South node in 12th

Our nodes are conjunct by 41 minutes

Osamenor

Staff member
I see the node return having a theme that's rather insignificant in and of itself, a minor note in the big picture, although if big picture transits are happening at the same time, that could be a very pivotal point in your life.

I've had two node returns. My north node is in Scorpio. Both node returns saw people come into my life who strongly reflected Scorpio in some way: dark secrets in the first case; the second node return was when I met a hypnotherapist and went into hypnotherapy (Scorpio being the sign of the hypnotist).

three M symbols

Hi

This old thread is very interesting.

The year my first NN retrurn happened, i was forced to leave my studies because i almost burned out. (South Node = Aries in 6th house.. North Node = Libra 12th house).
It happened the day North Node was conjuncting my Venus (ruler of NN) and my Sun.

Then, a lot of bad and good things happened. This event had a lot of consequences. I had to retire from 6th house normal life (work, studies, have a daily routine, etc..) for several years..

But I gained mental health and a spiritual life which saved me from depression and others psychological issues. My Natal mercury in 12th house also conjunct North Node in my chart (and I'm a Virgo Sun & Moon.. so an healthy Mercury is very important for me)

MissyXo

I see the node return having a theme that's rather insignificant in and of itself, a minor note in the big picture, although if big picture transits are happening at the same time, that could be a very pivotal point in your life.

Yes you're right I certainly agree with you there, also depends on how aspected the north node is in the natal chart as to how strong of an effect the return will play in the long run and how positively the experience will be felt. It's still very interesting to hear people's experiences of how their nodal placement started intervening and shifting them in that direction.

ForestFairy

Nothing dramatic yet.
I will wait and watch.
NN 13° in Cancer 2nd House.

I have nodal return this week. Curious what will be noticed.
I did a visualisation yesterday, in which we travelled to a holy temple. At that place several heavy invisible jackets were taken off me. It felt like karma burden release.