Interpetation requested

akina

I am a caregiver and oversee my Mother's health and finances. She is 67 and has Advanced Alzheimer's Disease. I am seeking any signs of her becoming stable, as in feeling safe. I just moved her to a facility yesterday. I also am seeking any clarity of her future life expectancy, so I can be with her as much as possible, and have her parents visit her sooner...
I also want to just know in general what can be interpreted by our separate charts. I wish I could be with her 24/7 but she needed more care and I work full time. I am overwhelmed by forces within my family to not sell some of her assets. I will do what is best for my Mom, however. If she needs to move to a nursing home, she will. I just want to have any clarity in the next 6 to 9 months for both of us, mainly her. I am inclined to move her back into our home if she is not doing well at her new facility.

Here are our charts: Her's is first:

Mom:

http://astro.cafeastrology.com/cgi-bin/astro/page?name=Jan&firstname=&birthplace=New%20York,%20NY〈=en&sex=f&dformat=0&date=1/19/1943&time=12:0&country=1&state=36&adjust=4.00&long=74.00&lat=40.43

Daughter:

http://astro.cafeastrology.com/cgi-bin/astro/page?name=Jen&firstname=&birthplace=Van%20Nuys,%20CA〈=en&sex=f&dformat=0&date=5/5/1971&time=5:0&country=1&state=6&adjust=7.00&long=118.27&lat=34.11

Thank you for any type of clarity.

Last edited:

lillyjgc

Senior Member, Educational board Editor
Hi Akina,
Welcome to the Forum. i think the reason no one has replied to this is because you are asking for a lot of interpretation here on a range of things.
To answer the questions, we'd need to set up these charts, compare them, compare transits to each chart and try to put all that together.
I'm really sorry you are having a tough time and I suggest you focus just on your own chart to begin with, looking at transits that are influencing you now and the coming trends.
You can do a chart at astro.com that includes transits around the outside. I think if you post up something like that more members will reply.
Cheers
Lilly

waybread

akina, I'd like to second Lilly's post.

Also--you are to be commended for focusing upon what is best for your mother. As she is only 67, she could live for a long time if her physical health is otherwise good, so you are right to consider her long-term care needs and costs. Depending upon the nature of your mother's assets, you may do better with them if you wait until the economy recovers a bit more before selling them.

I don't think astrology can or should be used to predict death/life expectancy; although some traditional astrologers would disagree with me. You can imagine the potential for abuse by an unscrupulous astrologer. But with transiting Neptune currently forming a quincunx aspect to your natal Pluto [underworld god] which conjuncts your moon [your mother] in the health-conscious sign of Virgo, it is understandable that your mother's mortality and health are very much on your mind. This aspect generally indicates the need for a big adjustment--which putting your mother into a care facility has been.

I think the issue, then, is more for you to think through some realistic scenarios, and what your financial and care plan should be for each of them. This should help you to manage your mothers' assets in such a way as to be prepared for most contingencies.

One thing I sure wouldn't do is look to strangers on the Internet to influence your decisions too strongly at this emotionally vulnerable period of your life.

Your mother is lucky to have such a loving daughter.

Last edited:

akina

Thank you both for posting replies...

As far as transients I did go ahead and read my upcoming ones. I am still pretty new, but I see transitioning going on.

Thank you for directing me to that, lillyjgc.

Waybread, I have been dealing with my Mom and her situation for 3 years. I am grateful for your post and findings. I want to learn astrology as I think it will compliment my life. I am not looking for quick answers.

I have a pretty good hold on Mom's finances. I do find myself debating as to whether I need to try to keep her financially independent or let her finances be spent down to qualify for a Medicaid situation.
As for My Mom, she is in a very good care home on private pay. I wish to keep her there for the remainder of her journey in this life.
I know death is not predictable. But I do know, there are 7 stages to Alzheimer's. My Mom is in stage 6. There is no way to know how long it will last, I only wish to be able to spend as much time as possible with her as of now she seems to not really know who I am and she has no idea where she is, but she does seem calmer in her new home. I know she knows I am someone special.
I am looking forward to learning more about astrology and how it can help me in the future.

I also wanted to add that there are a few family forces, as well as an outside force, who are trying to influence me. I am fighting all these, as I care for my Mom, and try to nurture my own self.
A very trying time for me and Mom, I am determined to pull us both forward, and beyond their grasps.

Thank you for the insight

Last edited:

gaer

I do know, there are 7 stages to Alzheimer's. My Mom is in stage 6. There is no way to know how long it will last, I only wish to be able to spend as much time as possible with her as of now she seems to not really know who I am and she has no idea where she is, but she does seem calmer in her new home. I know she knows I am someone special.
I watched my mother go through all the stages, and she died in stage 7. In some ways the last stages are actually better for some people. She suffered the worst when she still knew who she was and was aware of losing he ability to think.

There are no right words to say to someone who is going through this, or even more to someone who sees someone else go through it, but my thoughts are with you.

g

Claire19

I watched my mother go through all the stages, and she died in stage 7. In some ways the last stages are actually better for some people. She suffered the worst when she still knew who she was and was aware of losing he ability to think.

There are no right words to say to someone who is going through this, or even more to someone who sees someone else go through it, but my thoughts are with you.

g
I watched my mother struggle with a form of Alzheimers but she was of quite an advanced age and I lived with her the last few years. That your mother's parents are both still alive and she is 67 it may well be that she inherits that longevity too. I dont know too much about her condition of course. I know something of your family pressures too with so many having opinions on what should be done.

I would not tackle the question of her life expectancy, as some would know on this forum I find asking questions of imminent death especially for someone else, I find unwise and actually unethical on behalf of the astrologer doing the reading. There are those who would disagree with me.

I wish you luck and sympathesise with your situation.

Transits and progressions have to have the same connection in the natal chart for them to be triggered off. Major aspects only and with transits an orb of no more 3 degrees in my experience.

akina

Thank you everyone for the replies. I will hopefully be back soon to learn about Astrology, as I find it fascinating.

I am in a transitional time for now and need to be offline.

Thanks again!

Akina