Is she mentally unstable?

mrastro

Account Closed
Hi,

This is regarding a friend. I have known her for a long time. She has a high paying job. She talks and behaves normal. But she goes online and spouts insanity. She has hundreds of accounts in online forums and is always talking about unrelated and loony things. What do you think?

Last edited:

ElenaJ

Yes, Saturn conjunct the 7th cusp is a warning to the astrologer about the reading.
Going out on a limb, the moon opposing Neptune lying over the axis of the 3rd/9th might indicate the answer.
Does she do drugs, or drink?

kalinka

What do you mean with mentally unstable? As you describe her you are thinking about psychological disorder like psychosis or depression or personality disorder like borderline etc.?
If there is any mental disorder, then it is represented by Jupiter. Venus in sagittarius makes Jupiter to Venus' Dispositor, both in conjunction. Both planets are benefic, so it should be not too harmful. Venus is peregrine,Jupiter is strong in his dignity and in her 8th, which indeed could signify mental illness. Venus is associated with narcissism, Jupiter act as general amplifier of behaviors. Jupiter in the 8th can lead to several unnatural behavior, psychological or neural disorders and phobias.

Last edited:

rafaella

Hi,

This is regarding a friend. I have known her for a long time. She has a high paying job. She talks and behaves normal. But she goes online and spouts insanity. She has hundreds of accounts in online forums and is always talking about unrelated and loony things. What do you think?

Looking at Moon at 3rd (which shows communication, online) applying to Mercury rx, this is communication that is twisted, something repetitive, could be disturbance. Mercury disposited by Mars at 5th. Perhaps she has some mental stress or disorder. What forums is she on? Perhaps her job or personal life is stressful and this is her way of letting out steam? What kind of work is she doing, is it stressful?
Also Mars ruling the 5th and Mer there it might all just be entertainment for her. Mercury in moist sign and mute, its like she can't talk about issues openly, so going online is her way to speak, but it comes out backwards (rx).

Maybe talk to her ask her how she is, whether she feels stressed or not. Tell her you are there for her if she needs your help.

Aria Venue

Approaching this chart as a medical and not a regular one...no she's not, cause venus which signifies not only her body but also her head is not afflicted in a way that could be descriptive of a mental illness..this debilitated Mercury(retrograde and temperamentally unbalanced in scorpio) as accidental significator of her turned 2nd and though as a natural sig for communication, nerves function etc.. should have been prominent afflicting her first -head and not in her turned 7th(if i see the cusp degrees correct ), so she might have disorders related to other parts of her body, which cause her stress but not mental illness for sure.Mayby there is a humoral imbalance since according to saunders venus is a cold and wet planet placed in a hot and dry sign..according to others venus is presented as a hot and moist planet so either way we have an excess of hot and dryness, fiery and that stands also for her dispositor Jupiter in sag.

Approaching this as a regular chart, then we could say that her third communication -online through social media- simply harms her, since moon in virgo in venus term and fall..and mercury again retrograde, mute, peregrine and still under the beams

to sum up...no i don't think she is mentally unstable and also it seems to me a bit cruel to characterize someone as being mentally ill...just because his online communication seems veird ..if that was the case then everyone nowdays easily could be characterised as mentally unstable,just by seeing various threads on fb or else:whistling:

mrastro

Account Closed
Thank you all. She lives in another country now. I am willing to help her in anyway possible. I tried to reach her by email several times, but she never replies and totally ignores me. I don't know the reason why she ignores me. She could be suffering from stress related issues.

AJ Astrology

Approaching this chart as a medical and not a regular one...no she's not,...

Hi Aria Venue,

I agree. Venus conjunct Jupiter in Sagittarius dispels that notion. Yes, that is her H12 showing a disconnect with her Asc, but it is not unusual for people to adopt on-line alter ego personas. That's hardly indicative of insanity or mental illness. Some busy-bodies with nothing better to do just need to mind their own business.

mrastro

Account Closed
Hi Aria Venue,

I agree. Venus conjunct Jupiter in Sagittarius dispels that notion. Yes, that is her H12 showing a disconnect with her Asc, but it is not unusual for people to adopt on-line alter ego personas. That's hardly indicative of insanity or mental illness. Some busy-bodies with nothing better to do just need to mind their own business.

Ok AJ, I will shut up and leave her alone if that is what she wants.