Astrologers' Community  

Go Back   Astrologers' Community > Welcome! > Read My Chart

Read My Chart If you want to have your astrological chart read and do not post an astrological interpretation along with your chart request, your postings go here. No one is required to read any chart request and it is greatly appreciated if people who have chart requests acknowledge those who were kind enough to answer their request. If you want an astrological chart reading using the Vedic method (square astrological charts), your postings go in the Vedic Astrology forum."Read My Chart" type postings found in the rest of the forum will be moved here.

Unread 12-05-2015, 03:07 PM

My natal birth chart

Hi everyone,

I am fairly new to astrology. I'm a Cancerian but I have a Scorpio ascendant and my sun, mars, mercury and north node in the 8th house. Many of the sites I've read describe people with a Scorpio ascendant as being quiet, reserved, secretive and I can be but that has mainly grown out of being bullied in the past and having weird experiences where people appear to take an instant dislike to me for no reason!? But, really I am quite outgoing and open. I feel a little bit more like the description of Sagittarius than Scorpio - i'm not in any way vindictive, in fact I think it would suffer more if I tried to be vindictive!

I'd love to know what you all make of my chart

Especially the 12th house, I have Saturn conjunct Pluto there, which I think with all the planets in the 8th house, my Scorpio ascendant and Pluto ruling my chart may indicate a leaning to working in psychology?

Last edited by soozannah; 01-20-2016 at 09:48 PM.
Unread 12-05-2015, 06:58 PM

Thumbs up Re: My natal birth chart

I am also a Cancer native with Scorpio rising; a conjunct of Saturn/Neptune in the 12th with Sun and Jupiter in the 8th. I can probably relate to much of your own experiences.

Scorpio rising is a difficult one to grasp, due to the secretive nature of the energy. We often feel quite different inside to what others perceive, and this causes us confusion as well as confusing others. Yes I know about being rejected and being instantly disliked by others, but I never could figure out why. Inside I felt I was nurturing and caring, as per my Cancer Sun. Highly compassionate and understanding, I was often the mediator and counselor for others [Moon in Pisces].

The thing about the Rising sign is that it is all about 'presence' and the way we project ourselves. I finally realized that after much turmoil and difficulties in my life, I had actually learned to set up a protective, defensive shield against my inner sensitivities; as such many saw a presence that was quite intimidating [although I didn't see that myself]. The intensity of this water sign can be quite off-putting to others and in later life someone that I worked with told me that people often feared me because they sensed the underlying power within [which I didn't recognize], and didn't really want to engage me. Still there were many who tried to deliberately attack me, just to get a response.

I can say that wearing the Scorpio mask, one often experiences difficulties in relationships due to this factor. I have had to learn how to modify my external mask according to the situation I found myself in. Still I am quite reserved and stand-offish on the outside. More of an observer of life, rather than active participant, due to my heavy water/earth components.

I do agree that working with psychology is apt to be a viable path for you, either as a profession or at a more personal level. That is the level that I work with, and of course astrology was the perfect tool I found for counseling others.

there is much more that I could counsel from your chart, however the forum is here to allow others to offer their input as well. PM me, if you care to know more from my own perspective.

One other note I would offer: since Jupiter is posited in the first house and governing the sign of Sagittarius, it is not surprising that you might feel more of that energy coming through you. Your abundance of fire and air energies would make you more outgoing as well.

Tags
birth, chart, natal