Chat Thread

Lykanized

People push videos around that are just disgusting and it makes me wonder how we become so desensitized. Some people see it as a badge of strength or something to be able to take these videos. I'm sure I'm being clear as to which. Tbh, I used to be that way, but I had serious issues at the time and even then, I wasn't desensitized. I was moreso studying humanity in a way and studying death
For better or for worse, we're very adaptable creatures. But I think some people see sensitivity as weakness when it's really more a sign of strength to be aware of the reality of humans and what we can do and the real pain it causes

AppLeo

U missed me talking about the AK. Your AK is Jupiter in Pices, it puts Jupiter as an AC and that means Saturn and jupiter are in your first house. Do you ever relate to a Pisces AC?

I mean yeah, but that’s probably because I have Neptune in my first house normally.

Lykanized

God, I've had this monstrosity of a migraine since I woke up. I may need to fully create a diet around my migraines because I get them very frequently and I know my body is very sensitive. Any change in sleep patterns, I get headaches too. The only thing I can think is to eradicate as much as possible unnatural foods

Boston Guy

God, I've had this monstrosity of a migraine since I woke up. I may need to fully create a diet around my migraines because I get them very frequently and I know my body is very sensitive. Any change in sleep patterns, I get headaches too. The only thing I can think is to eradicate as much as possible unnatural foods

Old Dr. McGillicuddy will help ya. Be a good fellow. You said you can't attain the self-control to master alcohol? Take that as a challenge. Defeat, defeat, defeat shall be your opponents cry. Have just a couple drinks, go to bed, and tell me I'm a liar. Victory should be your battle cry. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=30maUSGYPXQ

There's a good lad.

Lykanized

Old Dr. McGillicuddy will help ya. Be a good fellow. You said you can't attain the self-control to master alcohol? Take that as a challenge. Defeat, defeat, defeat shall be your opponents cry. Have just a couple drinks, go to bed, and tell me I'm a liar. Victory should be your battle cry. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=30maUSGYPXQ

There's a good lad.

I honestly have substance abuse issues I need to contain. If it's not alcohol, it's pills. I need a good period of abstainance from both

I'm telling you. Sometimes when I start, the beast within is released and doesn't just want more, it needs more

Kudos to those who can do it tho. I've always known myself to be an addictive kinda person so I should never have started in the first place, but I never listen to my own best advice

Also I'm female 😘

Lykanized

I became curious about drugs at around 19. Started with all I could get. Some little tramadol that made me feel nothing. Somewhere along the way, I discovered cough syrup. Not lean. Cough syrup will make you disassociate and see ****. I went into kidney failure and spent my 21st birthday in the hospital. Not only that, but I was getting involved with petty thievery and losing track of myself at school. That's around when I tattooed my hands. I started drinking to get off cough syrup. Great replacement. I'd frequently blackout and wake up on the sofa. Then I got into pills, painkillers. Pretty soon I was mixing klonopin and painkillers and briefly, adderall. I tried coke for the first time around then with my ex as she had a lot of partier friends and was a struggling addict herself. That was early last year. Almost a year ago. I felt myself losing control then. I knew on thay trajectory I was losing myself to the drugs

With substance abuse, you don't only deal in your own physical body, but your spiritual self. I want to be a writer... I can't if I'm not gonna let myself feel me and who I am, know myself, let naturw take its course. I originally started by the foolish notion I could explore parts of my mind otherwise shut away and that they'd enhance creativity. It's the opposite when it becomes illness. It's total inhibition of self

I'm just not the kinda person who can do a little bit. I go all or nothing

Even tho my recent overdose that almost killed me was on purpose, I think it was an eye opener and will be a key experience in my being clean because I realize how fragile I am

Last edited:

Ukpoohbear

Catching up on Chat Thread.

Medieval torture methods I remember learning about one called the singing bull. Some King long ago requested his inventor to make a torture advice for the worst criminals. The inventor came up with the singing bull made of brass that heats up and the criminal is put inside the body of the bull. As the person screams there is a complicated structure of pipes that turn the screams into the sound of pleasant sounding noises.

The king saw the invention and instead of using it on criminals he used it first on the inventor himself although there are versions that say the King let him out before he died.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brazen_bull

2rr1409.jpg

Lykanized

Now this reminds me of The Warden by Chelsea Wolfe. I love that song because it's a love song, but it describes falling in love as something torturous, literally torturous

Lykanized

I will look it up :)
She's pretty unique because she has such a sweet voice, but she combines it with harsher music genres and depressing lyrics and experiments with goth, electronic, amongst others. I read that she resented the fact she didn't have a brash rock voice like Kurt Cobain or something, but she just rocks her own voice

Lykanized

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fiwBe8GX-HU

"The saw in the hands it's white as snow
The heavy endless weight on my heels it's cold
The water on my head but I won't speak of you
The hall and the rack and the wheel, it's true

And when it turns the hole in my vision fills with you

The cold and the loud and they won't let me sleep
I've been dragged on the floor and my blood earns my keep
My body holds a picture of the sun - it's you
The warden bore a hole in my skull, it's true
Tore off my limbs and my breasts
The heart, it's heavy in the chest

And when it turns the hole in my vision fills with you

(Hole, rack, wheel, time
Heart, thorn, knees, blight
Hand, hold, bright white
Whole head feels light)

Tore off my limbs and my breasts
The heart, it's heavy in the chest
Pulled out my tongue so I can't speak the truth
The picture in my vision, it's the sun, it's you"

It's so wow...Such intense and harsh lyrics, but it's about love. It's like what they say in writing. Show it, don't tell. A lot of writers wouldn't be so shameless in their imagery of feeling so tortured by this obsession and love

Ukpoohbear

Show it don't tell, that is such a good way to describe how to write.

She is drowning but she still wont speak a bad word about him. Tore of her limbs and her breast, she cant get away and she doesn't feel like a woman and all she sees is him. Wow.

Show don't tell. We should try write a poem with showing and not telling. I could not write as good as that though!