QUINTILES REVEALED: Learn how your Quintiles can positively affect personal image

Ruskapi

I love this thread so much! Thank you all for so much information. I have been trying to get a better handle on quintiles and the notes about traits seeming natural to others but not necessarily feeling so to the individual is kinda neat. I also see that, certainly in myself, I cannot be fake in these areas so that interpretation feels right to me.

My Sun is quintile my Ascendant, and Mars my MC.

For Sun/Asc, I think I do have a natural gift for expressing myself honestly and having what I say be (reasonably) well-received. I can get away with saying stuff many others wouldn’t because, by grace of god I suppose, people seem to be able to perceive my intentions (which are usually to help). But I mean…I have Venus-Sun and Mars-Uranus deciles as well, and there’s clear logic and a method to what I say and how I act, I’m not just blurting stuff out. But by the same token, I cannot lie or hide how I’m feeling to save my life. I have a knack for knowing how to phrase things to make them palatable, but people usually know what I mean, for better or worse.

As for my perception of the skill, it’s hard for me to separate what might be lack of awareness and what might be self-doubt due to having Saturn conjunct my ASC. When I was younger I had a lot of trouble expressing anything, and my perception was that no one valued me enough to want to listen anyway, so I didn’t try. Having worked hard to make friends with my Saturn, I can say I now definitely speak with the kind of confidence people respond to. But, again, Saturn can give you that if you learn how to use it.

I really love the descriptions from Waybread: "As quintiles supposedly indicate (a) talent and (b)some determination to manifest it." That the sun Q Asc can manifest as, "the need to make something of [Q] myself [since] the sun and ascendant are the two points that relate most closely to our identity." …because I know I have an intense desire to make something of myself, and to be able to express myself clearly. Quite specifically, becoming a writer is one of the things I want most, so my hope is that this aspect might lend itself to that task.

The Mars quintile MC still feels a bit unclear to me, though…

Natally, my Mars is in the 12th and I don’t have much energy, but if I manage to get off my lazy rear, there’s really not much I can’t accomplish thanks to good focus and finishing power. But I have always attributed that to Mars being conjunct Pluto, so…maybe this aspect has more to do with what actions I take to accomplish those goals? Or the level of luck I have doing so?

I’m definitely a work-smarter-not-harder person. I have a natural knack for being able to figure out which things that, if fixed, will correct a handful of other problems with them. Like, people may ask me to fix a crack at the top of a structure, and I’ll be able to look and trace things back to invisible problems in the base which, if fixed, will prevent further problems. That kind of thing. Mostly I do this to assist with therapeutic issues, since that is a passion of mine, but I can do it for most tasks given to me. Maybe that energy is Martian, since it’s a direct approach? Ahhh, but again, Pluto and Scorpio are so strong in my chart that I never go by the surface appearance of anything...

I mean…I would never classify myself as a hard worker, so that’s there. I mean, I know I'm capable of hard work and have the stamina required to do so, but I guess that's why I don't feel like I expend much most of the time. I know what it feels like when I work hard, and I don't very often. At least not as it relates to the MC. Maybe that's part of it? I tend to focus all my Pluto-Mars into personal interests, so maybe this aspect is the reason I can complete required tasks fairly well without actually working very hard on them.

Does that sound correct? Thanks so much for reading,

Somna7H

Banned
Never knew Quintile is so important.
Only have one.
Mars(in Libra 6th) Quintile Lilith(in Sag 8th).
But Mars and Pluto both biQuintile with Asc.

Witchyone

I have...
Mars quintile Moon (exact)
Pluto quintile Moon (3° off)
(those two form a yod, as Mars and Pluto are sextile)

and
Saturn quintile Neptune (2° off)

I would love to know how to use any of this positively. I think I just passed the part of my life where the Yod got activated, and it was not a positive experience.

Lykanized

I have...
Mars quintile Moon (exact)
Pluto quintile Moon (3° off)
(those two form a yod, as Mars and Pluto are sextile)

and
Saturn quintile Neptune (2° off)

I would love to know how to use any of this positively. I think I just passed the part of my life where the Yod got activated, and it was not a positive experience.

I'm pretty sure yods only form with inconjuncts as one of the components of them is that energy that dysjuncts on two fronts but at the bottom connects through the sextile

But there still may be some energy dynamic there

Last edited:

Lykanized

Interesting... I have Pluto Quintile my moon and ascendant. I wonder what effects that might have. I used to overlook my quintiles, but I've also heard they're 'aspects of talent'

Last edited:

Witchyone

I'm pretty sure yods only form with inconjuncts as one of the components of them is that energy that dysjuncts on two fronts but at the bottom connects through the sextile

But there still may be some energy dynamic there

Oops, you're right. I was thinking of quincunx (150), which is the same thing as inconjunct. I guess I need to actually read the thread. lol

Lykanized

Oops, you're right. I was thinking of quincunx (150), which is the same thing as inconjunct. I guess I need to actually read the thread. lol

Ah, so the aspects you listed are quincunxes/inconjuncts rather than quintiles? That would be an intense one with Pluto, Mars, and the moon

waybread

Interesting... I have Pluto Quintile my moon and ascendant. I wonder what effects that might have. I used to overlook my quintiles, but I've also heard they're 'aspects of talent'

I would say, talent plus the ambition to manifest (make something of) that talent. With Pluto quintile two personal points, you may feel a tremendous amount of ambition to make something of yourself. Look at your moon and Pluto houses for further information.

Witchyone

Ah, so the aspects you listed are quincunxes/inconjuncts rather than quintiles? That would be an intense one with Pluto, Mars, and the moon

Yes, they are inconjuncts. It was someone here who first pointed them out to me a couple years ago. Something is intense. I have so many aspects, and so many of them are contradictory, I'm not sure I can pinpoint influences.

I just looked up quintiles and biquintiles in my natal chart. I always wondered what Q and bQ stood for. I have 4 of each. Yet another layer to try to understand...

Lykanized

I would say, talent plus the ambition to manifest (make something of) that talent. With Pluto quintile two personal points, you may feel a tremendous amount of ambition to make something of yourself. Look at your moon and Pluto houses for further information.
Thank you! I do have a very strong will power or as my mom calls it 'fire in my belly'. My moon's in the 1st house and Pluto's in the 3rd

I still need to get back to you on my thread I created on why I'm being protected from death to btw, I haven't forgotten. I just spend a lot of time thinking sometimes. Given that I had another brush with death today I'm gonna be thinking about it even more

love-thinking

A Quintile is a 5th harmonic aspect that has an angle of 72 degrees. For quite some time now, it's been seen as a minor harmonic, similar to the Semi-Sextile, indicating "talent" and "vaguely fortunate circumstances". Yet I always sensed more to Quintiles than just "vague fortune". The reason why it didn't make sense for me to ignore Quintiles is because we focus on every harmonic up to the 6th-- except for the 5th? A Sextile is the 6th and last common harmonic, so wouldn't a Quintile, being a 5th harmonic, be an important thing?

After much research in the details and nature behind Quintiles, I have both discovered and unlocked the key to Quintiles. As I originally was, you will be suprised to figure out that they are in fact one of the most important and prevalent aspects within your chart! I am going to explain how your Quintiles take on very ASC- like qualities and how they are very much visible to others.

A Quintile is essentially an aspect that displays energy which others clearly see within you, yet you yourself do not realize you have-- though the ability to build upon it is there once recognized. For example, Barack Obama has Jupiter Quintile Pluto very tightly by 0.01 degrees (one minute). This indicates his ability to inspire hope and change, which is what Jupiter/Pluto is all about when working harmoniously. In fact, it was the media who originally coined the keywords "Hope" and "Change" to Obama's candidacy, not him. Of course, he was no fool and didn't wait to quickly adopt these keywords into his campaign! But realize that it was not Obama who originally came up with these definitions for himself. It was the people, because that's how they saw him. Of course, now that he is the first African American president, and now that people believe that he is the agent of change, he has the potential to bring about hope and change. In other words, he realized that because people think of him as hope/change, he essentially has the ability to build and ultimately embody himself to be so.

Quintiles give off the impression of a harmonious easy-going Trine to others, yet in reality work more as a Sextile to the individual. For example, I have a friend who is a shy Virgo. Yet at the same time, he has quite a sense of humor! Not only that, but he's easy to talk to as well! For the longest time, I couldn't figure out what it was in his chart that gave him easy-flowing communication skills for such a shy guy. Then eventually, I found it! His Mercury was Quintile his Ascendant. He has taken a recent interest in astrology, so when we were going over his chart I asked him if he felt that he had natural communication abilities, to which he said "kind of, but not really"... The funny thing here is that though I clearly saw his ability to communicate with anyone from all walks of life-- he didn't! His Mercury/Ascendant seemed very Trine-like and almost natural to his personality. Yet he didn't realize what he was capable of. Once I explained the nature of this Quintile to him, he realized that the Mercury/Ascendant worked very much as a Sextile for him, meaning he has the ability to build both his intellect and communication skills to higher levels if he truly believes that others see that talent within him! Which they do!

As I mentioned in the beginning, Quintiles take on very Ascendant- like qualities. If there are Quintiles in your chart, people Will see those qualities as apart of your personality. Especially astrologers. No exceptions. When I see Quintiles in someones' chart, I typically have this "AH-HAH!" moment where it's so blatantly obvious that they have that energy about them. And yet, how ironic is it that the individual themselves can fail to see it?

I would like to quickly touch upon something, and that is Quintiles being perceived as a possible "fakeness" to the personality. Quintiles will never look fake to anyone. Nor will they be fake. If someone has Venus Quintile Jupiter and is perceived to be popular when in reality that individual does not feel so, nobody will ever call that person "a fake" because the Quintile takes on a natural Trine-like appearance to others-- it only feels like a Sextile to the individual and nobody else!

To end this article, I will discuss one more example of a Quintile. And it's a good one. My friend, who is a Leo, has 7 Quintiles. That is alot!! Normally, if somebody has 3 or more Quintiles, than the Quintile energy is very much apart of their life. Anyways, he is seen as being sociable, entertaining, and not to mention a ladies man : )

Question:
So, is he in fact, all of the above?
Answer: Now he is. But he wasn't before.

He actually studies astrology, so I have taught him the principle of Quintiles. But beforehand, he actually wasn't all of the above. For example, if he started a conversation with a girl, he wouldn't believe that the girl would be interested in the conversation or even with him in general. Yet the reality was that his Quintile energy was very much leading her to believe that he is both fun and entertaining to be around. He just didn't know it. But now that he does, he can not only understand what people see in him-- but also build to improve those positive traits as well!!

Some quick technical notes: I use only Quintile and Bi-Quintiles. There are Tri-Quintiles, but I don't really take those into account. For the Quintile and Bi-Quintile, I personally allow an orb of 2 degrees, though from the research I've done it could be given the orb of any regular aspect, meaning up to 5 or sometimes even 6 degrees.

All aspiring and professional astrologers should know the importance of Quintiles, and I hope that this article brings much discussion, spreading, and distribution of Quintile knowledge!

I have very mixed opinions about this.

1. There's so many aspects already to deal with, conjunctions, oppositions, trines, squares. These are the hard aspects, and then you have the vedic aspects, (parashara and jaimani).

So my question is how does quintiles compare to a conjunction?

So now experiences.

I have venus quintile pluto less than 0.5 degrees. So an interpretation with this is I am good at passionately loving someone else, and maybe my love life is filled with passionate relationships I am good at maintaining or keeping around? Or maybe I'm extremely captivating. I am seductive but I give that credit to other aspects.

My love life *****. I was left because of miscommunication issues and falsely accused of cheating. Spent two years obsessing over a man and wasn't able to fall for anyone new regardless of my efforts. He shows up out of the blue, paranoid, crazy and jealous and demands I admit something I didn't do or admit I am someone I am not. But despite my best effort, I can neither prove him anything, nor could I captivate him enough to stay although honestly I tried.

Him on the other hand has venus square pluto and although he has had more share of pain in love, he is captivating AF and gets off on this ability to captivate others. He's literally like the male black widow. Once he destroys he moves on.

Other than that, I have two friends and one cousin with moon biquintile pluto. And I don't understand why I attract women with this particular biquintile. I have moon opposite pluto in 8th house. One friend loves dramatic reality shows. The other friend and my cousin loves to understand people's darker motives but neither but the reality show friend is plutonian by any means so they both do try and stay away from anything dark.

0netimeuser

I have three quintiles, all involving Jupiter.

Venus quintile Jupiter
Mars quintile Jupiter and
Jupiter quintile AS

I'd be interested in knowing more about these quintile aspects.

Last edited: