Do I have an STD?

lucammxi

Hello,

I woke up this morning with a dread over my head that eventually led to me asking the question below.

"Have I been infected with an STD?"

Little background information: Ten days ago I was on vacation and I had unprotected sex with someone I met there.
I should have known better and, aside from any moral judgments passed rightfully passed on me, I need your help!

Ruler of the planetary hour: Saturn
Ascendant: Taurus
Venus, my ruler, is in the 11th house in Pisces
Moon is in Cancer, its domicile
The 6th-12th house axis intercepts Aries-Libra which means two sets of rulers:
Mercury as the primary ruler of the 6th house, Venus is the 2nd ruler
Jupiter as the primary ruler of the 12th house, Mars is the 2nd ruler

The Moon separates from a conjunction with Jupiter. The way I see it, this is more informative of the sexual act itself: Jupiter is also the ruler of the 8th house and both planets are in the 3rd house (if one can view a sexual act as an exchange of sorts).
Mercury is Void of Course in the 12th house and in its detriment, about to change signs.
Venus makes only one major aspect - a conjunction with Neptune in the 11th house (self-deception, confusion?)

All of the above makes me say "No" to the question

BUT

The Moon moves towards a square with Mars, in its detriment. In fact, I believe the Moon transfers the light from Jupiter (primary 12th house ruler) to Mars (secondary 12th house ruler). Furthermore, The Moon and Mars are involved in Grand Squares along with the Sun and Pluto.

I can only get tested after 15+ days. The only way I can reconcile the two views above is if the first time I take the test it will come out as negative (aka the primary rulers can only scratch the surface of the issue) and then at 3 months, after the re-test, it will come back positive (aka secondary rulers provide more intimate insight).

Any insight that you have will be very helpful. What do you think of the chart attached?

Thank you!

Attachments

• std.jpg
    std.jpg
    85.4 KB · Views: 77

Kaiousei no Senshi

Premium Member
Hi lucammxi, sorry to hear about your situation.

The first thing we need to do is assess the other person's significator and see if there is anything that would lead us to believe they were themselves infected with something. Their significator is Mars in Libra in the Sixth house, which would be a pretty strong yes, there is also Saturn in their house to be considered and the Descendant being conjoined with the malefic fixed star Zuben Elgenubi. I think we can safely say there is something not completely healthy about them.

lucammxi said:
Little background information: Ten days ago I was on vacation and I had unprotected sex with someone I met there.

So does this mean you've since returned home? Venus freshly in her dignities from being peregrine seems a pretty neat indicator of this.

The Moon separates from a conjunction with Jupiter. The way I see it, this is more informative of the sexual act itself:

Howso? I was thinking more the recently separated Trine between Mars and Venus, where Venus received a malevolent planet.

The Moon moves towards a square with Mars, in its detriment. In fact, I believe the Moon transfers the light from Jupiter (primary 12th house ruler) to Mars (secondary 12th house ruler). Furthermore, The Moon and Mars are involved in Grand Squares along with the Sun and Pluto.

Actually, the Moon is applying a Square to the Sun in the Twelfth house first. Very fitting that the Sun is Lord of the Fifth house of sex and placed in the Twelfth house of hidden enemies and the unknown, luckily though this suggests that the truth will come out about the matter, but will it be a good truth or a bad truth?

Both luminaries are strong in their positions, but are being afflicted by Mars. The Sun is received by Mars and rejects it, and the Mars rejects the Moon. This and the fact that Venus is strong in many of her own dignities (exaltation, triplicity, and term), the Ascn is in the Terms of Jupiter, Mercury really doesn't do anything or see anyone and both Venus and the Asc are unafflicted, I think you're going to be fine.

Tora

Your 6th H (illness) ruler Mercury is in your 12th H which means that illness is currently hidden. That's true because you don't know about it at this moment in time. If Mercury was in your 1st H (your body), I'd say you have it but Mercury makes no contact with your ASC or you (Venus) and moon doesn't connect with Mercury either. Mars rx in the 6th H but pretty weak. So I'd say you don't have it but if you have symptoms or for peace of mind, do have a test to be sure.

lucammxi

The first thing we need to do is assess the other person's significator and see if there is anything that would lead us to believe they were themselves infected with something. Their significator is Mars in Libra in the Sixth house, which would be a pretty strong yes, there is also Saturn in their house to be considered and the Descendant being conjoined with the malefic fixed star Zuben Elgenubi. I think we can safely say there is something not completely healthy about them.

A very interesting idea! It didn't cross my mind that we could look at my partner's health status in this chart.

Howso? I was thinking more the recently separated Trine between Mars and Venus, where Venus received a malevolent planet.

I didn't think of Venus' past aspects from her previous sign. I normally take a within-sign approach to my interpretations. Regarding Jupiter, he is also the ruler of the 8th house (sexuality, sexual acts?). The fact that both he and the Moon are in the 3rd house (exchanges, transient meetings) made me think it better described my encounter (= a lesser emotional meeting) than, let's say, the 5th house of flings and romance.

Actually, the Moon is applying a Square to the Sun in the Twelfth house first. Very fitting that the Sun is Lord of the Fifth house of sex and placed in the Twelfth house of hidden enemies and the unknown, luckily though this suggests that the truth will come out about the matter, but will it be a good truth or a bad truth?

Yeah, that applying trine between the Moon and the Sun baffles me a little. Both luminaries are strong and meet head to head in the square. I could brainstorm some ideas but they would only be guesses.

Both luminaries are strong in their positions, but are being afflicted by Mars. The Sun is received by Mars and rejects it, and the Mars rejects the Moon.

Perhaps the way to find resolution to the Moon-Sun square is by considering all the aspects in that Grand Square simultaneously: Moon-Sun-Mars plus Uranus-Pluto

This and the fact that Venus is strong in many of her own dignities (exaltation, triplicity, and term), the Ascn is in the Terms of Jupiter, Mercury really doesn't do anything or see anyone and both Venus and the Asc are unafflicted, I think you're going to be fine

I was really hoping for this conclusion but interpreting one's own charts is a very subjective endeavour and I did not want to fall into some wishful thinking.

Thank you for your insights, Kaiousei!
It goes without saying that I will know better in the future!

lucammxi

If Mercury was in your 1st H (your body), I'd say you have it but Mercury makes no contact with your ASC or you (Venus) and moon doesn't connect with Mercury either.

Tora, would you normally look at only the primary ruler of the quesited, in this case Mercury (ruler of the 6th house), to reach a conclusion?
Seeing Aries-Libra intercepted in the house axis of the quesited made me think there are more layers to the story than one would normally have in the absence of intercepted houses. Do intercepted houses (along with their rulers) provide only information on the background story more than it would influence the outcome of the question?

Thank you for taking the time to have a look at the chart!

Tora

Tora, would you normally look at only the primary ruler of the quesited, in this case Mercury (ruler of the 6th house), to reach a conclusion?
Seeing Aries-Libra intercepted in the house axis of the quesited made me think there are more layers to the story than one would normally have in the absence of intercepted houses. Do intercepted houses (along with their rulers) provide only information on the background story more than it would influence the outcome of the question?

Thank you for taking the time to have a look at the chart!
Extra background information could be gained but ultimately you wanted to know Yes or No answer whether you have STD or not. I only needed your illness house (6th) and its ruler and you (Asc, 1st H). Simple!

Kaiousei no Senshi

Premium Member
lucammxi said:
I didn't think of Venus' past aspects from her previous sign. I normally take a within-sign approach to my interpretations.

You'll always want to consider the previous and future aspects a planet makes, regardless of sign boundaries.

Regarding Jupiter, he is also the ruler of the 8th house (sexuality, sexual acts?). The fact that both he and the Moon are in the 3rd house (exchanges, transient meetings) made me think it better described my encounter (= a lesser emotional meeting) than, let's say, the 5th house of flings and romance.

In horary it is best to leave such modern machinations behind. Sex is sex is sex and is a Fifth house matter. The Eighth house is the house of fear, anxiety, death, and decay. Not at all a sexy place. The Moon is in the Third because you are concerned about a matter that occurred while on a journey. The Moon is separating from a conjunction of the Lord of the Eighth house because of the fear and anxiety you're feeling over the matter. Luckily the Lord of the Eighth is a powerful benefic planet who is in sect and in a decent house, so there shouldn't be much, if anything, to worry about.

Yeah, that applying trine between the Moon and the Sun baffles me a little. Both luminaries are strong and meet head to head in the square. I could brainstorm some ideas but they would only be guesses.

It's just significant of you having the test done and the results from it being positive (positive in the "good news" way, not the "positive reaction" way) and conclusive.

I was really hoping for this conclusion but interpreting one's own charts is a very subjective endeavour and I did not want to fall into some wishful thinking.

Yes, it can be difficult. Good luck to you and stay safe.

lucammxi

I've done the tests and I am HIV negative! Towards the end of the week I'll know the results for the other major STDs.

I am relieved of course but i'm not yet out of the woods. The HIV test claims to be sensitive 15 days after expsoure but it can only rule out HIV after a 3 months exposure. Though there is a linear relationship between sensitivity of the test and time from exposure and although it's been 5 weeks in my case, I still have to go back two months from now and confirm.

Which brings me to my initial assessment of the chart - a good answer from primary significators and a possible no from the intercepted house significators - what if there is a negative for HIV this round and a reversed verdict 3 months from now?

mdinaz

Also look at the emotional quotient as all physical problems are directly tied to emotional/spiritual problems. STDs are related to sexual guilt. Find the source of the guilt, resolve those feelings and you can lessen the chances you will get one.